Sick Plant: Seedling With Leaves Curling Under W/ Slow Growth

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SativaDiva619, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Hey GrassCity Users,

I'm a new grower who needs some help. Currently I am having a problem with one of my seedlings (70% indica, 30% sativa). It is roughly 3 weeks old and the leaves are curling under and it seems as though it is growing very slowly. I have looked at a few resources and tried to diagnose my problem, without much success. I believe my problem is pH related but I would like some confirmation from more experienced growers. I also have a second plant growing in the same room which appears to be growing slowly but looks healthy. Also, the roots for both plants have finally begun to poke out from the 6" net pots. A few pictures of my seedling will be included with this post.

Setup: I am growing in a DWC "bubble" bucket setup with a 600W metal halide bulb for vegging. For nutrients I am using the GH Flora Series and going by their recommended dosages but am only in my first week of using nutrients. 

Grow Room Temperature: Daytime - 75-85,  Night - 60-70    (I know, they're high)

Reservoir Temp: High, probably ambient but I have begun adding a frozen water bottle to the bucket every morning to combat this problem.

pH: Originally my pH was running high (~7.5). My drop test kit seemed to not be giving me accurate results. I have recently gotten a pH meter and have calibrated it and fixed the problem. My pH now sits at 5.5 to 5.9. (It has been corrected for roughly 24 hours)

TDS: ~350 - 450 ppm

I am at a loss as to what is wrong with my plant. If anyone could please give me advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    SativaDiva

2014-07-21 10.48.31.jpg

2014-07-21 10.49.00.jpg

2014-07-21 10.48.45.jpg

2014-07-21 10.49.05.jpg
    (Healthy-ish looking plant)

2. This is only my experience 12 years outdoor, 1st indoor. 84f seems a little too hot for them.

3. #3 Chronicibus, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    It looks like multiple things going on. Look up nitrogen toxicity and keep your ph in check. Hopefully it will resolve itself by doing so. And maybe hold off the nutrients for now.