If The U.s Intervened In Mexico Against The Cartels...

Discussion in 'General' started by YoWudUpHomie, Jul 21, 2014.

1. #1 YoWudUpHomie, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Would they succeed? Would that be a more practical approach against the "War on Drugs"?

Instead of a War against users,  a war against the source? idk, i know the U.S hasn't done a great job in foreign intervention in the past decade (Iraq lol, Libya lol)

But in my mind i see...hmmm

U.S Military> Mexican Cartels

How would the cartels even get wiped out and restore order to Mexico?

Thats all. :)  Thoughts please

2. nope, tried that in Columbia in the 80's with Noriega,.. ended up creating 7 rogue cartels, and dismantling a cartel-intwined government/socio-economic system...  

beauty of cartel, is that it's a supply and demand system to the very core.. works the same at the top of the pyramid as the bottom, interchangeable heads you see :)

the only way we'll ever rid black market drug traffic violence, is to legalize all black market drugs, hence, the demand disappears.....supply drys up (actually gets replaced by our own white market products)

we actually have this now, only problem is that in our country, we have "the war on drugs," which makes it almost impossible to get good painkillers and such if you dont have insurance/cant afford white market drugs... hence the demand.

3. you have to realize these cartels aren't just a couple of bad guys running drugs, they prop up a really good chunk of the economy of south/central America..

they are intertwined with the governments as well, in USA or most western nations, a great job, is a government job, 

just like it is S/C America, except, the government IS the cartel, :)

4. The only acceptable approach to "the war on drugs," is to accept that altered states of consciousness are part of the human condition, and use education and safe access to minimize the potential for detriment.

People who want to be healthy will make healthier choices, like cannabis and the occasional "trip."

People who don't care about being unhealthy or dead, will abuse themselves and various substances in various ways, but if they are allowed to do so unimpeded, they will be far less likely to do so in ways that endanger the safety of others.

We should actually be encouraging mind expansion/exploration, not authorizing use of deadly force to try to "cull the herd."

We should just let everyone do whatever makes them feel good, and only punish anyone if/when they actually harm someone else.

It's not the guns that kill people, it's the way guns are used by people, and why.

It's not the drugs that kill people, it's the way people use them, and why.

5. Think america and even the uk when it comes down to it.
    Fucking stop poking thier noses in others affairs.

I mean its not like we live in eutopia, our own countries are a fucking mess, instead of prancing about on the world stage comparing each others dicks.
    How about staying at home, and doing the job they were elected to do.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. im with damien, why worry about other events happening in other countries when they can't even complete the jobs they said they would do pre-election. Politics is the biggest waste of taxpayers money, they get paid top dollar to travel around the world and talk to other 'important' people. They sit on their asses doing nothing with great importance to the people they were elected by. They also have personal jets/chauffeurs/cars and still they bitch about having a hard overpaid job, but they are ready to cut the minimum wage lower, because they don't give a fuck about anyone in the poorer 98% of the population. Screw the government, they are corrupt pieces of shit with no care about the future of civilization and humanity.

7. Retard Texas ( :confused: ) pretty much summed it up. there isn't one bad guy, it's literally a huge portion of the economy in some countries. people grow the shit, someone else refines it, etc etc. I remember a Drugs Inc called 'the Producers' about the guys that grow it all. one was a farmer in colombia or something, and without growing coca plants he was basically unable to get by, as nothing else carried a similar profit margin. 

same thing with the cartels - you can dismember specific cartels, or kill/imprison certain higher ups in these organizations, but there's just gonna be someone to take their place or start up a new cartel. no doubt in my mind that the US military could shit all over any cartel with not much response (aside from a spike in beheadings or mass shootings, things they already do) but it's like a hydra - cut one head off and three more grow. 

8. The CIA/DEA have deals with certain cartels to get info on other cartels, etc. So even if they shut down one, they're protecting another so that it can gain a monopoly.

9. #9 lumps_deli, Jul 21, 2014
    You damn right, teen tobacco consumption is down considerably in the last 20 years due to intense education practices. Education is the key!

Deez Nugz!

Those events in other countries are part of how our oligarchy became an oligarchy and maintains its power. It's not that they "can't" complete what they said they'd do pre-election, it's that they never intended to do any of that in the first place: they just said what people wanted to hear, to make themselves seem like the best choice. And you have to consider who is actually benefiting from the ways those tax dollars are "wasted." To us, it may seem like a waste... but to the people using them for their own agendas, they are basically getting free money by threatening us with violence if we don't pay, and then using that money to keep themselves in power. To them, that's not waste at all, it's totally worth it.

The rest of your comment was pretty much accurate.

11. Politics is crooked...They won't fix it now, makes too much money.

All about them greenbacks, homie. :cool:

12. If weed were legalized in Mexico, and the U.S., Mexico would be be capable of supplying the United States the majority of our recreational weed due to the climate and soil.   

From what I read a short while ago, good Mexican is coming back, but unfortunately due to illegality the cartels are responsible for exporting it. 

http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/1295219-new-connect.html#entry19824463

Personally, I'd prefer good outdoor-grown Mexican weed, to most of the domestic American stuff I've been smoking for the past 25 years. 

13. #13 lostinlife, Jul 21, 2014
    Yes exactly this. They have been caught a few times working with them although they try to keep it a secret. Really our government would not turn on them. If they did it would become public knowledge and many Americans would turn against the government. It would take years for the interactions to fade to a stop without some large conflict.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. The u.s. has intervened in Mexico and the end result is los zetas trained by the army and funded by the gov

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app