Does It Annoy You When People Call It pot

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BudXtoker, Jul 21, 2014.

1. I do because the only person I know who says it is my mom and she always puts a negative connotation on it.

*shows up at parents house squinty eyed*
    Hi, guys!
    David. Have you been smoking pot?

Augh. Every. Single. Time.

2. Not at all.

But if you call every green bud you see, "kush," then I'm aggravated. Lol..

3. I've been a pothead too long to care if I sound dated.  I have to leave being cool to others and I couldn't pull it off even if I tried, it wouldn't sound natural.  The other residents at the nursing home would laugh their asses off if I said dro.  The only term that bothers me is when pot's called a narcotic.

4. Not really, it's just a word. Words only hold power if you let them.

5. "Are you high on pot?"

My response:

"My endocannabinoid receptors are being stimulated by an ample dosage of Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, as well as numerous other cannabinoids. Would you like to talk about biology and science?"

Their response:

"Huh?"

My response to their response:

"That's right.  Bitch."

:laughing:

6. "Have you been smoking pot?"

"Mom, you can't smoke pots, have you been smoking weed?"

7. Lux  "Mom, you can't smoke pots, have you been smoking weed?"
    Mom  "Son, you don't smoke weeds, you chop them.  Have you been smoking dope?"
    Lux  "What's dope got to do with it?"

8. This Is the exact same reason I hate "pot",

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I like to use pot, I dont like marijuana. The government gave the name marijuana in its first stages of prohibition, because they claimed it all came from mexicans and mexicans were considered bad. (Cause they arent white).

buds, bitches and bandos :)

10. #50 WizardInBlack, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
    I don't really see the big deal as long as it refers to cannabis lol. Getting annoyed by something as trivial as someone's word preference seems pointless in my opinion. Still gets the same message across whether it appeases you or not.

11. I call it whatever the fuck I want to call it, and if you don't like it, you just might get hit over the head with a pot!
    Jk
    but seriously i call it pot sometimes, but mostly reefer and herb.

It's just a plant, not some holy fucking monolith sent by God...

12. I call it bud or cannabis, pot almost aounds degrading to me haha

It bothers me when people call hash oil dabs. Maybe I'm just too anal about pointless stuff though? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. The word dabs is alright I guess. I mean, it's kinda a new school type of word, but it's a new school way of smoking so I guess it fits.

14. It's never bothered me. People can use whatever preferred nomenclature they wish as far as I'm concerned. 

15. It doesn't bother me, but I know a guy that would fuck someone up real bad if he heres anyone call it that, as long as their over the age of 10, and under 85 yrs. Old..

dilligaf

16. After seeing that Snoop Dogg interview with Seth Rogen where Snoop claimed to have invented the weed term 'chronic' by mishearing 'hydroponic' as 'hydrochronic', I realized all names for the drug have a story behind them.

The term pot has been discussed many times on this forum and some people say it comes from the fact that it can be grown in pots while others believe it to be a adaptation of a Mexican-Spanish word.

So it doesn't bother me to be called pot. The only term I hear around me that refers to marijuana that carries a negative connotation is dope.

17. It does annoy me that people call it pot, but potshops sound better than weedshop or weedstore, etc. So there is 1 exception.

18. Someone mentioned "potshops" sounding better than weedshops, which made me think about a word that surrounds our culture: pothead. Although the word pothead carries such negative connotation (because of the "head" at the end is associated with things that are bad and describe people who are addicted to bad things), i would rather describe someone as a pothead than a weedhead or a cannabishead or a bud head. In that case "pot" is the only thing that fits. However, the preferred term is stoner.

19. #60 Talon, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    All the old school smokers that i know IRL call it pot. Ganja, on the other hand, heard that name enough to last me a lifetime.