Dome Or Domeless?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by mehrong, Jul 20, 2014.

1. I'm going to be buying a ti nail soon, wondering if I should get dome or domeless, I have a dome already just wondering if I should use it or not. My friends are both equally dome and domeless and idk which side I should join haha

2. I'm going to be buying a ti nail soon, wondering if I should get dome or domeless, I have a dome already just wondering if I should use it or not. My friends are both equally dome and domeless and idk which side I should join haha

3. Domeless is better, but make sure you get a carb cap. Domes are annoying as fuck.

4. Why are domes annoying? :0

5. Out of my experience I would use domeless. Domes are just another thing to break plus carb caps are awesome. 

Don't get a glass nail because when you heat it too much they can explode lol.

6. You've seen them explode? In my experience part of the nail just kinda falls off

7. Yeah it straight up just exploded everywhere lol...

8. Domeless thats what I use its works good probably better for you plus a better chance of not burning yourself

(Stay Lifted)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Same it almost exploded in my face, glass nails are like emergency nails, things you use a few times and no more

10. Quartz nails are where it's at. :)

I prefer domeless. They are more convenient. A dome is just another fragile piece to worry about. When you're in a situation like me and need to keep you stuff at least out of plain sight, the less fragile pieces, the better.

11. The problem with a dome nail is that most of the time there isn't enough surface area to take the bigger dabs.

Some people find having to but the dome on and off is annoying.

I like to just heat, let cool, dab.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. yup^ Maybe if you got an 18mm joint then you can get some good globs with a dome but for the most part, the nails are too small to get a good sized dab at a good temp. you can always burn the fuck out of your dab but that defeats the purpose of even dabbing IMO, no flav, no point :p

If you go domeless, carb is a must. even if you dont buy a carbcap, find something to carb it with so you can take low temps dabs

13. I've always wondered, can you put a 18mm HE VE head on the 14mm one? Does it use the same rod? That might be cool of you want to go with a dome in 14mm

14. yes same rod, but the 18mm head wont fit through a 14mm joint

15. what could I substitute a carb cap with? The carb cap runs just a tiny bit over my budget but I can make it work if there isnt anything easier

16. a dome, dish... anything glass thats capable of sealing up the opening of the nail

17. #17 YoShytsWeak, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Same rod same counter weight just a diff head?

Would it not fit through the dome? I'm curious if I had the right done I could probably drop it in from the top. Idk just an ideal

Infiniti ftw

18. yup yup

19. Edited my last post^ did u mean you can't get the head past the dome?

20. Nvm just figured out you wounds not be able to heat it