Question About Plastic Bongs

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by cheddarwalrus, Jul 20, 2014.

1. So, my friend and I have been unfortunately smoking out of a plastic bong made from a powerade bottle. We started using this method a few weeks ago when someone dropped our nice(and expensive  :mad: ) glass piece and shattered the downstem.

Long story short, we've been using the big bowl from our glass piece as the downstem on our bottle, so the plastic has not been exposed to much heat and has not melted. However, my concern comes from something else. You see, my friend and I usually toke up after work on his patio which is pretty dark, so I haven't really paid much attention to the appearance of the bong, but this weekend I got a close up look at it and realized that it was very dark and ashy, and that's when I found out that my friend has been using the same bottle continuously these past few weeks.

I thought that he was switching out the bottles every couple of days, but apparently we've been blasting out on this same powerade bottle. I've never felt sick or tasted anything other than weed when smoking out of the piece, but I'm worried that the potential for damage may still be there due to the natural breakdown of the bottle over time. We've since then gotten a new smaller piece to smoke out of and have tossed the bottle, should I be worried or do you guys think I'm fine?

2. your fine, its too late now anyway. if you wernt fine youd now. at most youll get cancer a few days sooner then you would of before  :confused_2:

3. Omg call poison control go to the hospital. You probably have plastic bong syndrome. Ill keep you in my prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. You have lung cancer and you are gonna die in 6 months.

Lol, seriously, you will be fine. Relax.

5. The dark ashiness of the bottle was just resin building up, if I had to guess. I don't think you actually heated the bottle, it just got caked with resin from heavy use.

6. You should be fine but always remember you should never ever use plastic around any heat when you are smoking. This goes for plastic bongs, homemade tools, or even chambers/tanks for vaporizers.