The Green Knight Journals:

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Green Knight, Jul 20, 2014.

1. #1441 Green Knight, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    This is what's going on outside!

Part of my tiny front yard & yes I know my truck needs washing, lol. :D
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424975051.406587.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424975090.087757.jpg
    Back yard: which ironically is a great chill spot in the summer, the gazebo is covered in ivy & pink flowers giving good shade from hot days, water fountain works, fire pit is nice, my little girl loves the swing, but with the crazy mountain weather. Which I still haven't gotten use to living here two years now! Lol. I just wait until spring to spruce it up :D I've had a good dosage of BB#3 in edible and smoke and my crazy mind is heavy & healed, but my words might be goofy, pardon me if so Ladies & Gents. :D So snow away Mother Nature!! I like it cause We have a fire!

:D
    :D
    This is what's going on, on the inside...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424975927.371096.jpg
    These were photos taken numerous weeks ago... Nothing on top, but underneath her there's all action! ;)

I took the clones as as you would any clone, but with a little bit of new green bud, which I'm guessing it's called Monster Crop, cause once it re-vegges it's monstrously bushy & has many places to grow all kinds of bud sites on it. Even more than her flowering mother did- which we smoked up that strain FAST :) it was good, and this time we'll have a good supply on hand! :D

Some of you may remember me taken them off my last mother... If you've followed my whole journal (not likely, lol) I wonder if I can name it like, well what do you call it, is it like Sublime #2 or what? It's a different phoeno... Sooo? I mean what's the best way to keep tabs on my plants otherwise, or how do we trace out better genetics and keep track of it as I go forward? Anyone is welcome to answer that intelligently. :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424976298.935783.jpg
    This is right after transplant about 8-10 weeks ago hell maybe longer, lol.. Dipped & sprayed in an organic rooting gel

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424976349.506348.jpg
    NICE THICK ROOTS she put out :D

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424976420.155736.jpg
    Just as excited as can be, anxious for dirt I'm sure :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424976451.330705.jpg

The roots were thick & healthy! Lots of little tap roots ready for dirt. They we're ready for transplant weeks ago, but they needed a little growing up to do, I let them have an extended veg period on an 18/6. She produce fair share of secondary buds.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424976599.601320.jpg
    There they were fitting right in :D

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424976777.916431.jpg
    Within weeks they were crawling all over, I continued to top & LST them as much as I could in my small space. I think they grew, exponentially. Now growing in a SCROG frame which cost me Less than $25, that's because I used the showers rods bought new. If could have came across the at a garage sale that would have been cheapest. There's also these small self tightening curtain rods would probably work just as good.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424977157.476718.jpg
    Here they were bushy as hell! They grow so bushy you could LST a monster out of it :D

Post (to be continued).... :smoke: :D what kind of music you guys listening to❓ \\m/

I drink alone by George Tgood... I'm not sure how he even made it... switches channel.

Listening to :I don't care anymore; by Phil Collins :D there we go! \\m/

-GK

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. #1442 Green Knight, Feb 26, 2015
    Ok I'm back... I missed lunch and was starving, lol...

Carrying on:

Pictured below are materials needed: I used 1/2 in. PVC pipe that was the highest schedule pipe I could find in my area. Sched. 40
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424984899.412632.jpg
    Of course since I'm piecing them together, I also have 4 elbows, 1 for each corner. I think I mentioned earlier I will be using 2 shower rods which I think are ideal for adjustments as long as you have a grow space similar
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424985496.678184.jpg
    Easy as 123.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424985528.682751.jpg
    I'm using black-coated 1/2in. self-tapping screws.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424985743.789745.jpg
    Spacing them approx. 2in. apart. It doesn't matter how to get the net to attach to the screws as long as your happy with it, and it's a sturdy enough to hold & train your plants! :D

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424985908.861399.jpg
    Break Time :D lol That's Bruce Banner #3

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424986071.547734.jpg
    What it looks like after. Now I just started in a corner any corner will do, laced the string from there skipping every other 2 screws string down skip 2 sting up skip 2.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424986752.713928.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424986885.395893.jpg
    Here's how mine turned out, not to shabby

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424987094.024182.jpg
    In place. Holds well

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424987177.946376.jpg
    Getting in place....Took some work. Btw... If you have exp. with SCROG ideas or even better approach feel free to chime in.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424987588.768063.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424987640.938289.jpg
    Soon this same pic will be full o' buds! :D

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424987839.650946.jpg
    This next Ghost OG growing in crazy ways... All the topping I did on her, she felt right at home with this net.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424988078.052655.jpg

I'm a little concerned whether I'm doing the canopy right, or if these will just grow into the net or what....??

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424988306.016920.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424987839.650946.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424988184.251551.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424987946.780732.jpg

The Ghost OG looks happy, the two Sublimes will catch soon as the roots realize they've got room to run now ! :D

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424988810.719028.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424988827.085324.jpg
    The LED puts off some neat Hues, but here's her real color:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424988892.033246.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424989230.831192.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424989247.054878.jpg

Enjoy!

-GK ;)

3. #1443 Green Knight, Feb 26, 2015
    I just got a call from the hospital... Wife has dislocated her knee, I don't know how bad, but she's moaning in the background, and I need to pick up my kid and go to the ER. I'm a little medicated. You guys wish me luck! I'm gonna need it.

4. Don't trip, and play it cool :laughing:
    Shove a brownie in her mouth as soon as you get there ;) and she'll be good as new.

5. Haha, I would of but the ER beat me to it with fentanyl & who knows what else. Her knee cap was on the side of her leg, and they had to put it back in place. Now we're here waiting on X-rays, she real woooooozy, lol, and there's a snow storm outside. Wow talk about tightening the star up, and making you sober, lol... Driving in a snow storm a little loose, good thing I haven't have my night cap yet, I'd been locked to the couch. Lol... She's all peaceful and out, murmured can't feel pain, so that's cool.

-Knight

What's going on wherever the rest of you? Anything good, bad, or ugly?

\\m/

Grow With Me: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html]http://forum.grassci...indoorgrow.html

6. Nah I'm still at work. About to get this report done so I can get home. :)

Done getting money for the day, now for some coffee, and buds :metal:

7. Oh the foooking SCROGS look hella good. I'm going to get that yard net and staple it. :)

You got that Shit down, I'll show you my scrog.

8. Hope she is ok! Honestly not to far of a drive if you need anything!

As far as scrogs go I would hop into Green Bastard or AWs thread and start looking at their methods and setups. You want to put the screen on the plants before flower to get yourself an even canopy, then fill the screen 70-85% (depending on the stretch of the strain) then put them into flower. We're trying to achieve an even canopy.

9. #1449 Green Knight, Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, you're right... I had that ghost going already when it was time to put the sublimes in. I had to just work with what I had.... It's all cool though, I'll learn a little bit each time.

This 2015 season I plan to change over to all tents I think... But I might have to design a cube like structure with the net on top, and adjusting height in a tent might pose a challenge. We'll have to see

What's the links to those threads, I'll go lurk around see what I can learn. The problem is most those guys have much bigger set ups don't they? I have one veg tent and a metal cabinet turn flower chamber. So everything's smaller until we buy a house.

You guys just remember so when I invest in a bigger setup you can remember my humble beginnings, lol.

I'll have some update photos in a couple weeks I hope, the SCROG may be a good learning experience:)

Relaxin for the evening & chillin by the fire with wife. Everybody have good night. ;)

-G. Knight :D

Grow With Me: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html]http://forum.grassci...indoorgrow.html

10. #1450 Green Knight, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    Good morning Everyone!

How are some of the ways in the past if ever you repaired or let's say put the plant in a position to let it heal itself. I've used a straw, tape, string, heard of stories from the old school growers in the 70s or 80s using even chewing gum, "yuck" and more recently I've read growers use beeswax.

So I'm kind of in that situation right now, and would appreciate an intelligent & helpful response :D

On my biggest Sublime, as I was trying to adjust the SCROG to fit correctly , a ( Y ) of the main branch, I "accidentally" exhibited to much pressure, and hence a tiny rip.
    The tear was a clean split and was less than half way through the branch in the middle of the Y. Hopefully you get the visual... The last time this happened was on a secondary branch, almost the same way- I taped it up right away , it healed after 2-3 weeks, and produced what seem like a typical harvest. I will try to attach a picture so you can see better, and tell me what you think.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425136621.528822.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425136666.260988.jpg

Any other legitimate tips you have please feel free to let me know, this is my first attempt at a SCROG.

Thanks! :D

-GK

11. ]TGK, to be honest cannabis is so friggin resistant you will more than likely be fine, I tape up any splits that are bad enough the branch can't hold itself or if it a small split I just leave.

Next time go easy when bending a Y joint opposite ways and if you can try doing bigger pulls like that earlier on or a bit each day to slowly achieve the placement you want.

What was you trying to do with the branch? Just looks like the one you split was growing above the screen?

Chef.

12. What up dude! Plants are lookin good. :cool:

I just use tape on the ones that I snap like that.. You'll know in a day or 2 if you saved it or not. :smoke:

13. #1453 Green Knight, Feb 28, 2015
    Thanks guys for your input. Yeah I know of the precautions of bending the Y of a branch, Chef.
    I was more interested in thoughts of "will it make it?" @Ironhead you mentioned within a couple days. The rip occurred Thursday morning and I used a real flexible & stretchy pipe thread tape, as you can see in the photo.

So far it's survived 48 hours no problem, so we'll see what happens in the next 48. The whole reason for this is of the 2 monster cropped Sublimes, 1 of the 2 was shorter and obviously had a different growth pattern. I had to adjust the SCROG net down at an angle to make if fit the way I needed, which I tried to do delicately, but when I did, the screen pulled up on the taller plant creating the tear if that makes sense to ya.

Well at least it it didn't snap completely off. There's quite a few branches LSTed into the net coming from that branch. So hopefully she'll make it :)

It's been fun watching the new growth that was once restricted to the sides start showing the effects of light penetration, putting out new bud sites, growing up towards the light.

Looks like there will be quite a few colas of all sizes. Should up the production a decent amount compared to no LST training. Especially if that one honey branch makes it. :D

I will be posting pics at least once a week or so to keep you guys up to date on the progress of this in case you take interest. I did find a dispensary (one I use to shop at) that wants a cut of the Sublime. Some story about them having that strain once but loosing it... Idk

So the owners daughter is interested in the "70/30 Sativa Dom." Strain. Says she's happy to trade for whatever strain they have... clone for clone. They stock about 15-20 strains, I've got my eyes on trying to obtain one Master Kush, G-13, Purple Haze, OG Kush, Hells Angel OG, or Super-Blueberry :D
    Which is a true A-List cannabis strain. Blueberry's legendary status soared to new heights after claiming the High Times' Cannabis Cup 2000 for Best Indica. The long history of the stain is traced back to the late 1970s when American breeder DJ Short was working with a variety of exotic landrace strains. However, throughout the decades of Blueberry's cultivation the genetics have been passed around, due in large part to DJ Short working with multiple seed banks and breeders. The sweet flavors of fresh blueberries combine with relaxing effects to produce a long-lasting sense of euphoria. Many medical patients appreciate Blueberry for its ability to suppress pain and relieve stress, while connoisseurs and growers admire the strain for its colorful hues and high THC content. Peace!

\\m/ :Metal: \\m/

~GK

Grow With Me: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html]http://forum.grassci...indoorgrow.htmlu.

14. I say the sooner you make the repair the better the results.  I always put a ziptie about an inch or two above the spit.

Tightening it up to the point that it takes the pressure off the joint to be repaired.

Then I put one right on the joint and make it tight. 

15. #1455 Green Knight, Feb 28, 2015
    Here's some photos of the next few harvests as seedlings or clones.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425152087.199432.jpg
    Pictured here are: StarDawg, Euphoria, Sour Kush, The White, and Summer Time Squeeze...

My last Purple Kush to the far right is a clone off of a mother that kept looking sickly all through veg. I think I may have to toss it because either disease or perhaps poor genetics earlier on seem to have been passed down the line on that one. :/

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425152157.916313.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425152190.916000.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425152232.816655.jpg

So far so good are the expectations of the next few harvests. Just look at that sour Kush towering over the rest of them! :D

16. #1457 Green Knight, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    Messed up my first batch MMJ cookies... 2.5 grams of one of my favorite strains Ghost OG gone. Guess it happens to the best of us. The problem is loosing money isn't part of my vocabulary. Let's see that's what a $25 lesson.... Maybe $20

Not sure where I messed up at, but the cookies tasted waay more greeny. Crumbled and fell apart!

Mistakes I know I made:

1. Was in to much of a "hurry".
    If you don't take your time and focus, missing one step, can cost you dramatically in some cases; depending on # of buds you used.
    (The 2.5g I lost made me angry because of the principal of it) hell, I wasted 1/2 cup of organic sugar & peanut butter!) ;/

2. My mood was not the best, which is why I thought I needed some indica dominant edibles. My daughter has to get a spanking for not following directions repeatedly this morning. Which flared up my rib instantly. In this case, it really did hurt me more than her butt I spanked, lol. Yes even at 7 years old she has own responsibilities and earns her own allowance. She say yes ma'am and yessir and no sir She's required to follow her parents instructions. If she refuses or doesn't repeatedly then grounding &seventy ally a spanking, sometimes both. If you have kids full time you certainly understand this part.

3. Measure twice cut once! An important rule I learned in Carpentry to avoid expensive mistakes!

When you get in a hurry IMO... You risk under or overdoing it, or missing something completely. If you day and mood are as unpredictable as mine, if you're making edibles or any MMJ activities/experiments such as extraction or fusion involved projects, I recommend you have a clear head, good attitude, have your game face on.

I hope somebody else is having a better day than me ...

-GK

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425856091.122519.jpg

Time for some nice homegrown bud! Eases the muscle pain!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425856407.444097.jpg
    That didn't roll up as nice as my RAW papers, but it got the job done! :D