Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarb Bho In Condensed Milk

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by comprehend, Apr 20, 2014.

1. As title says, I'm cooking brownies with co2 wax. Do I need to decarb it like I would any other BHO? Or can I just heat it to a liquid and throw it in with the chocolate?

2. I would definitely decarb it.

Doesn't seem like co2 would activate it in any way.

3. pretty sure co2 is activated, hence the sappyness. co2 require high heat and pressures upward of 2000psi

4. The supercritical temp for co2 is 304K, which is only 87F or 30C. So not hot enough for decarb. Anyone know if high pressure does decarb?

5. I decarb erry thing if making edibles. Makes them way more potent . 170 for 15 mins x2 after the first 15 I take partchment paper and flatten. Freeze for a few seconds then another 15 on the other side

Sent from your mom's phone.

6. Any combination of values above 1078 PSI and above 31.1 C is considered supercritical. You could run 1100 PSI and 70 C if you wanted or 3k PSI and 31.1 C, and you would be dealing with supercritical CO2. Since CO2 is a highly selective solvent, different combinations of these values gives your CO2 different affinities for different compounds. As far as I know pressure alone doesn't decarb, but you could run your extraction hotter with the only real quality risk being terpene loss. 

7. would decarbing an ounce of glass shatter in half a cup of condensed milk for 45 on 250 fahrenheit be affected for edibles before mixing it around in some chocolate?

or is it wasteful?

8. I would add some water so it doesnt curdle. Should work though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Responding to old post ... Sorry