What Type Of Jobs Can I Apply To If I Use Medical Marijuana Here In California

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Dennys323, Jul 20, 2014.

1. I'm a college student and use cannabis everyday because of my anxiety, but now I'm looking for a job and I'm worry because they always ask for a drug test does anyone know any type of jobs or company's that I could get hired without a worry of smoking cannabis.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. McDonald's.

3. You can become a bud tender or a trimmer.

4. Construction and/or food service?

5. lol, anxiety + McDonald's (or any fast food place for that matter) = OMFG

Probably a long waiting list and cutthroat competition in that field...

6. Astronomer, astrophysicist or cosmologist. ;)

7. Get some quick fix or someone's clean piss, most of those jobs only require you to pass one and then you're good.

8. #8 bongtokes6200, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    small business's, food service, budtending, bartending, some retail doesnt drug test

9. yeah most jobs they test you once and then you're set. food service tends to never test. smaller, locally owned places probably won't either. just see what's around and worst case you'll have to take a break from smoking for a bit. hopefully your 'anxiety' doesn't get too out of hand

10. Vocalist in a heavy metal band

11. Peets and Starbucks don't test. At least not my local locations. I used to work for Starbucks and I have a friend who works at Peets.

To my knowledge, neither does Trader Joes. If they did, none of the people who work at my local one, would have a job anymore. 

FWIW:

Drug testing is *not* as prevalent and universal as it looks, unless they've stepped it up a lot in recent years. 

12. Id suggest retail and work your way up to management. Retail normally requires (if they DT at all) just one test during the hiring process. What are you going to school for?

13. Just stop smoking ASAP before you get a job, you'll be good.

Sent from my~★☆Continuum Transfunctioner☆★

14. Have a back bone dude ...go back to school and get trained ...lol

15. Michael's (retails art/craft store) doesnt test

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Seriously, not as many places test as all that. It is primarily an issue if you work in any public safety job, something with safety rules, some major corporations, public sector, banking, health. I never once ever got tested in high tech and I didn't even get tested at most of my health jobs, which probably *should* test. It's going to be more of an issue the lower level your job is and it's going to definitely be an issue in public sector jobs.

17. If its medical the employer is not supposed to be able to discriminate against you. My real estate office had to let me vape in my office or have a seperate room set aside for me to vape in

18. key words: not supposed to. it doesn't really matter medical or not. Some employers have strict no marijuana rules & since its still illegal at the federal level, if the company has chains or corporate office is based outside the state in which your medical mj is valid, you wont have a leg to stand on there.

19. Most 'production' line jobs test. I worked in 4 plants and all of them tested before hiring, and did random testing throughout

20. UPS doesn't drug test unless they have reasonable suspicion you are coming to work high. PM if you have questions about working there, I know a thing or two about how they operate, things that aren't part of "official policy".