Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alcohol Tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by inkyscratches, Jul 19, 2014.

1. hey i saw this article which says u can make thc-heavy tinctures with alcohol. i've previously read that alcohol tinctures dont release the kind of thc that will get you high. whats the story?

2. They dnt work, unless...... You carboxylate the herb first. If u do then yes. The tincture is sublingual after. meaning it can be dropped on tongue. Edible herb is also, but it absorbs slower since it in a solid or grease/butter form. If ur edibles or tincture dnt wrk, it cuz they missed the necesary decarb step

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. thats what i thought but that step is completely missing in that article

4. Yeah there a lot if ppl making vids, that have no idea. Bubble hash n butane hash lot more straightfoward. Less possible steps to mess up, the recipe. Oils n tinctures r different story, a lot easier to mess up ur herb

5. An alcohol tincture is called Green Dragon and, if done right, will kick your butt with just a few drops. It's not hard.  :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. whats your recipe?

7. #7 PsychedelicSam, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014

This is the basic version: Dragon Lite.   :)

It's similar to the cold brew method in the article you linked but more detailed. 

• Like Like x 3
  8. looks really awesome. have to study it further. so u can get the thc high real strong that way? without decorboxilizing (what a word!)? did you say ideal temp 4 the alcohol evaporation?

You should decarb first. The article you linked did mention that but they just mentioned heating the cannabis first and that's what decarb is. The amount of decarb, if any, will depend on the source material. If it's imported brick weed it won't need it but fresher buds will need some. If you use heat for evaporation, some additional decarb will take place and aging will also increase the activation. Decarb doesn't take long and really increases the effects. 

If you use a heated evaporation, a hot or boiling water bath is ideal, whether using a jar or double boiler set up. The alcohol vaporizes at less than 180F. Be sure you have good ventilation and no open flames.

The amount of concentration will depend on the type of alcohol used. If you use 95%, 190 proof, then you can concentrate it as much as you want but with lower volume of alcohol you'll be limited.  :)

• Like Like x 4
  10. I've been making tincture for a while now and was taking it every evening, a tablespoon in cranberry juice which makes it taste like grapefruit juice. It works great for pain and I sleep like a rock. My only complaint is it tends to constipate me. Anyone else have this problem.

11. I decarb at 225 for 1 hour then put it in a quart mason jar with grain alcohol in the freezer.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. I decarb at 225 for an hour the put it in a jar with grain alcohol in the freezer. I take 1 tablespoon in cranberry juice and it tastes like grapefruit juice.

13. That's an interesting flavor change. :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. *decarboxylate*

15. That's exactly why some people take it for IBS. Crazy eh?

16. I was told on this thread it was because I was leaving the plant matter in which made it indigestible for me.

17. No, you were advised that it could be possible the plant material could cause digestive issues in some folks. Everybody is different. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I really do suspect it is the tincture. My problems started when I started taking it. At first it helped increase my appetite but the more plugged I became the less I could eat till I couldn't eat at all.

19. Use stool softeners. That could help. A lot of medications can cause it, too, or possibly an interaction with the tincture. There's always Miralax. :sneaky:

• Like Like x 2
  20. I'm much better now and I am going to follow your recipe but I don't think I will reduce it. I enjoy my evening cocktail!