Wiggle Worm Castings

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Bowl_frog, Jul 19, 2014.

1. The vermi guy from Indy emailed me and said he feeds fruits,veggies,yard waste,paper, cardboard, and a bit of sawdust...he says it's mimimal sawdust....will this be ok? As long as the sawdust is decompose fully. Seems like more I dig I see most ppl put sawdust in their thermal compost...I don't think I can avoid it.

2. I've personally never seen people be so strongly against putting sawdust in your compost. Granted I haven't done much in depth research on the particular topic, but the only bad thing about it seems to be the jacked c:n ratio which can easily be fixed by adding more green material. And some pieces of it may take a while to break down, but so do other materials.

I think the best thing to do would be to check it out yourself. Just make sure that it has completely composted. It should look similar to coffee grounds and have a nice earthy smell.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #43 Bowl_frog, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    Eureka!!!! I called the bulk thermal compost site and she said website lists sawdust but her local site has 0 sawdust...it's full of all types of manure and food and yard waste..she also said they have theirs tested before...sweet!!!! That with the vermicompost guy and Ive got this!! Thanks for all help! So if I use 75%thermal compost 25% vermicompost then I don't need and EWC and my humic portion is complete??

Get this.  Vermicompost is a technical term to describe the composting process that produces earthworm castings.  Although it is not thermophilic compost, it is a composting process.

Vermicompost = EWC.

75% thermal compost, 25% vermicompost/EWC

5. #45 Bowl_frog, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
    I see....this is why this place is great I read stuff and sometimes misinterpret what I'm reading....appreciate it!! So EWC in a bag just sifted vermicompost?

Pretty much ^^^^^^^^^^

From your Eureka !!!!! post (#43), on down, my computer spontaneously busted out with the Hallelujah Chorus at full volume. :yay:

Wet

7. #47 O.G. ROOKIE, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    I also could only source wiggle worms castings (@ Local hydro) and I recently found e.b. stone worm castings (local nursery). Well these be better?
    All help appreciated and will relieve a lot of stress lol

8. Wiggle Worm would be the better choice, IMHO

CC

9. I've had a good experience with them, got 30lbs for $32 shipped :smoke: