Ph Question?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by indicaJames, Jul 19, 2014.

1. I am adding ph down to 5.8, I'm then adding my nuts (sensi grow) and it seems to be bring back up the PH to 6.8.

What am I to do,

Any suggestions but needed, (this is my first hydro grow)

Regards
    James

2. Add rverything, nutes and all other additives besides the pH. Once that's nice and mixed then test and add pH.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. As above, always adjust PH last because everything else you do will change the PH

4. Id change nutes. something that gets you much closer ph wise.

5. My problem is the sensi grow has ph perfect....
    I wonderd was that bringing it back up to 6.8....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Just PH adjust last and its done. You still may get shift from day to day so may still need to adjust. But adjust it after you do everything else 

7. I adjust pH every other day because of the shift.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Throughout veg I adjust my PH down to about 5.5 and it shifts up to 6.5 after about two days. When I'm flowering it doesn't seem to shift at all. Except when I top up of course

9. Just get some ph perfect nutes, check for advanced nutrients ph perfect jungle juice.

10. Solidsmoker - that's what I'm using. The sensi grow has ph perfect in it. But it's bring it up. Not down.

Stop adding PH adjusters first. PH perfect is supposed to adjust if for you 

12. I agree with the first 2 posts, PH adjust last and problem sorted.

13. Thanks everyone. Sensi grow does have PH perfect. Although it only works on RO water.
    I belive that that is bringing up the ph to 6.7 (no idea why)
    I'm changing the water now and will add ph down at the end. I will update with results.
    Here's to hope!

14. An update:

So that's done the job alright!
    Did all nuts first then the ph balance. Water sitting nicely at 5.5
    Thanks again everyone for your advice. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions coming soon!

I'm also going to check again tomorrow just to make sure ph hasn't rocketed back up.

15. The PH will move back up. You just have to keep adjusting it. If it goes up very quickly then adjust it a little lower than ideal to give it further to travel