Best Way To Grow Huge Plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Breezey007, Jul 19, 2014.

This is a link to their selection http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/fullrange_rub.php and this is a link to the 70 litre rub that I have http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/b70_0litre.php

I have grown strictly organic and hydro and there has been no difference in quality. My blue cheese I have running now has to have two carbon filters, one on each side of the exhaust fan and one of those is a rhino pro and it still doesn't cut 100% of the smell out. 

Everything is chemicals, an element of nitrogen converted by bacteria or one converted by humans will still be an element of nitrogen and have no difference at all. All elements are forged in dying stars and the conversion process from the compound breaking up doesn't effect the elements themselves.

There may not be an "easy" way in your opinion, but there is always going to be an easiest way, or to put it another way the least hardest way. If my way of DWC is adhered to it will be very easy indeed. 

Spending a fortune on bottles left, right, and centre is not something that needs to be done. £15 worth of ionic nutes can give you over 50 oz. How can you call that a fortune? 

3. the best way to grow huge plants is to grow outside.......

4. Cheers GG, spent most of last night debating whether or not I can afford the initial extra set up cost for hydro, weighing up the pros and cons of each medium, and by 3am I had decided to give the hydro method a shot. 

Then this morning I was hit with my sky bill.which effectively put the nail in that particular coffin for the moment at least :( (Bastards advertise the packages at under 20 quid a month, don't think I have ever had a quarterly bill under 200 quid, and this one is closer to 300, no idea how, but it's fckin impossible to get through to a real person over the phone to find out!)  :mad: 

So due to this shit and the fact that if I don't buy soon another bill will undoubtedly arise to swallow up the little cash I have left, I have gone ahead and ordered the following....

50l Canna Coco Coir Professional + 
    10 x 5l pots (transplanting into 20l pots once needed/finances allow) 
    2 digital thermometers/hygrometers
    PH meter
    EC meter 
    6" clip on fan
    Ionic....ahh shit, think I made a boo boo lol, just realised I ordered the Ionic hydro grow bloom and boost package, probably not suitable for Coco growing huh!  :hide:  Think I still have hydro on the brain!. 

Just sent a message asking if it's possible to change the order.....fingers crossed!. 

So obviously I know I need to purchase a lot more coco coir to fill up the 20l pots in the upcoming weeks, but other than that, is there anything I have missed?.  :confused:

5. #45 MileHighMike, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Firstly, hydro can be organic. Hydro just means you are not using soil. 
    \nSecondly, most modern store bought fertilizers are processed in labs from petroleum and animal byproducts, used concrete and other recycled aggregates to make ammonium phosphate, ammonium and potassium sulfate...etc. The nutrients are isolated, removed, and concentrated to become instantly available to the plant right out of the bottle. Not to mention the concentrates typically need other ingredients including binding agents, emulsifiers, and surfactants for use and storage, in most cases these contain processed chemicals.  
    \nOrganic fertilizers are not processed in a factory. Manures and other organic nutrient sources are introduced to the roots, but it takes natural biological activity for the chemical reactions to occur that allows the nutrients to become available to the plant. You are relying on nature and time to do what scientists do in labs with chemical processing. 
    \nThirdly, It is your opinion there is an easiest way, just as it is my opinion there is no easiest way. When you work late and have to come home and scrub reservoirs or lug around used soil it sucks...Just like it sucks when you run into issues with dwc, like slime. I'm glad you found YOUR easiest way, but there is no more of a general consensus on the easiest way to grow than there is the right religion! At the end of the day it's ALL work.  
    \nFourthly, I have no less than 20 assorted bottles and jugs of crap I never use sitting in my basement from years of growing, and the fact I never throw anything away. Nutrients are big business and one trip to the hydro store can tell you that. I'm glad you found what works for you, but remember, just because you have a connect for 10 dollar ounces, doesn't make it right to ridicule someone paying street prices...
    \nOrganic bud smells and tastes way better while burning smoother and more complete with whiter ash. This is my own observed fact strictly according to my own side by side comparisons.

6. #46 GoldGrower, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014

I have already explained most of that. And already said I have grown organic and hydro and if done correctly there is no difference in quality.

I don't think you understand what the word "easiest" means. It doesn't mean easy, it's just the least hardest. There will always be the easiest, even if it's hard. What you are saying is that all methods are the exact same difficulty and this is not true. Some methods are easier than others. Simple as that 

My DWC set up requires my attention about once every 3 days to check EC and PH. This takes about 2 minutes if still correct and about 5 minutes if it needs adjusting. I Top up with a hose pipe about once a week at the moment and this takes about 20 minutes but very little work as most of it is just waiting. 

When harvesting the reservoir is emptied and wiped down and rinsed out. This takes about half hour and its ready to be used again. 

I don't know what you are referring to when you talk about hard work 

Don't use ionic boost, seriously, there is no need for it and it will screw with your PH really badly. Ionic bloom has plenty of P&K already, the boost just isn't worth buying

You apparently don't know wtf you're talking about.

9. Interesting thread lol

:smoke:

Oh well that settles it then, how can I argue with points as compelling as those? 

11. [​IMG]

12. Im gonna give some of that Ionic bloom a try someday. I did my first and second hydro grows in my journal and used only maxibloom and maxigrow (on some).

Im about outta maxibloom and think this ionic stuff sounds interesting.

As a side note, my organic soil is just cookin along so im waiting on that as well.

Hydro and organic soil is truly the best of both worlds. Youd be amazed that some plants seem to prefer one to the other... :smoke:

13. #53 GoldGrower, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014

Both ways work great, and both have their advantages for sure. I grow both ways myself, my organics are outside and my hydro inside. Both quality bud 

Yeah ionic veg and ionic bloom make things so much more simple and they work really well. I wouldn't bother with ionic boost though. I have tried it on a number of grows and it just isn't worth the bother. Ionic bloom has everything a plant needs 

14. Why do you keep saying you've grown "organic AND hydro" ?

15. Just so you know, because apparently you're a little confused, you can grow organic in hydro or soil. Or you can use chemical fertilizers in hydro or soil. Get it? Hydro just means you are not using soil, that's it! How and what you use to fertilize your plants is what qualifies your grow as organic or not. See where your lack of knowledge is showing?

You keep saying you grew both "hydro and organic" and couldn't tell the difference between the two, that shows ignorance my friend.

Organic bud tastes better and sweeter, burns smoother and more complete, and burns whiter, sorry dude.

Because he is going to do hydroponic outside :smoking:  Yeah you are real bright....

I wouldn't mind seeing hydro done outside tho  :smoke:

GoldGrower is one of the smartest people here IMO.... 

17. #57 rain dancer, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    In my humble opinion :lol: i think aquaponics is better outside.

:smoke:

Yeah I was reading where you said boost is a waste of money.

I was wondering, in your opinion, you say ionc bloom covers the bases. I was able to use maxibloom in both veg and flower as the ingredients between the two (maxibloom and grow) were nearly identical, with maxibloom having more. I assume this is the case with ionic bloom can be used all the way through. I also noticed some cal mag in that pic.....?

18. Hydroponic just means it is SOIL-LESS dude. And can be done organically. You can take your smart ass remarks and smileys back to school son, you are just as ignorant as the OP. Both clearly showing lack of basic knowledge because obviously hydroponics can be done organically or not, as well as soil can be done organically or not. Understand?

OP keeps saying he has grown "hydro and organic" and noticed no difference in the quality of the product, and that is simply ignorant, and obviously you don't understand either.

I will quit trying to explain what organic and hydroponic actually means to lemmings, I'm sorry your grow idol is a fraud and does not know shit, including basic terminology every noob grower should know.

This guy is supposed to be GC's smartest grower? That speaks volumes.

19. When did I ever argue that.

I guess I'll go back to my 8k watt grow....

He's not my idol I just respect the man.

Why are you so mad? Take a bong hit or something.

20. Do you understand how saying "I grow hydro and organic and cant tell the difference" is ignorant. yes or no? simple question.