Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Make Tea Using Stems?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ilovepakalolo, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Hi guys! I'm new to Grasscity, so bare with me please :)
    I've read about and talked to a few budtenders about using the stems (from your flowers) and making cannabis tea- and basically confirmed that it IS in fact possible.
    The problem that I have now is that I don't know how to make the tea. These are some of the suggestions that I got: 1) A budtender told me to soak the stems in alcohol? I'm assuming that's not right unless I wanted to get tipsy. 2) Cook the stems in butter/oil like I would do if making a brownie or cookie, then use it as a kind of substitute creamer? It makes sense because I know the marijuana needs to basically latch onto some kinda fat- but it sounds gross; butter in tea?)
    I don't know lol I'm starting to ramble. BASICALLY: PLEASE HELP ME BY GIVING ME THE RECIPE/INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANNABIS TEA lol
    PS: I have about 2 gram containers full of stems

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Fear not!! I just figured this out for myself a few weeks ago and was very happy with the results. Sounds like you have plenty of stems, so here's what ya need: 
    coffee grinder- medium stove pot w/ lid- cream (whole milk is acceptable in a pinch)- honey- tea strainer (small screen to filter out the stems)- 

using a CLEAN coffee grinder, grind your stems to a fine powder. You may need to cut them up into smaller pieces with scissors first, otherwise they tend to wrap around the blades. Once you've ground them up, put them aside and grab a small to medium pot (about 3 inches deep) and add 2 cups drinking water and 1 cup of cream. if using whole milk, 1cup H2O & 2cups milk ( the higher the fat content, the better. cream is best) and a small slice of butter. (as much as you'd put on toast) Combine all ingredients (except stems) in the pot and set on med-high heat. continue to stir until it comes to a boil, reduce to a simmer then add honey to desired sweetness. You can now add the ground stems, stir them all in, and increase to a light boil again and cover. Stir/monitor every minute or two, or the milk will burn. After 15 mins, remove cover and continue to stir gently. Another 15 mins, remove from heat and allow it to cool, place screen over a coffee cup, and strain the liquid through a screen and serve hot!! but, BEWARE!! Stem tea, when made properly, is just as strong as any other edible! start slow and take your time. LMK how it goes, good luck!! -PeAcE-

3. I think tea would take a bit longer to make. Infusion is a process Ur bud tender was suggesting a alcohol wash. Cover bring to boil of 240f for hour. This will decarb ur stems. then evaporating with mild heat uncovered . U will be left with a oil. This u make ur tea out of. Add this to any other bag tea of choice, u want to brew. Add sugar to taste and bind oil to the liquid.

4. YOU: Hey man, I got some medicated tea, I made it myself
    ME: What did you make it out of?
    YOU: About 2 grams of stems

ME: Ah, fuck it!

Attached Files:

5. If you take a normal tea bag & take the staple off, dump out the tea leaves inside & fill the bag with the stems. Re-staple the bag shut, get some hot water, & put the tea bag in. Add sugar for better taste! Hope this helps!

6. Same as country strong says but u have to add a lil butter for the thc to absorb

7. Fail.

8. How?

9. Try what you said and you won't feel anything.

10. #10 Green Knight, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks for the tips! Do you think this will work with a Keurig??

11. BurnBomb420 has it right. The fat in the cream or whole milk with absorb the THC so no butter is needed. Just boil the ground up stems with the milk/cream and water mix for atleast 45min-1hr, strain out all the nastieness and then drink! or you can just make a whole bunch or milk/cream at once to add to your tea or coffee on a daily basis. 

12. Thank you for all the suggestions/advice. I'm going to go with the method BurnBomb420 suggested because it seems most logical. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

13. #13 28GramCrracka, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    This method does seem most logical.
    Now my only question is this: Does the tea absolutely have to be served hot after straining OR can I make it the night before, leave it in the fridge turning it into an iced tea, and then consume my medicinal beverage the following morning?