... Migraine...?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by VeritableHypocrisy, Jul 18, 2014.

1. I used to get headaches and migraines often, and one cause of some of the most painful ones I think was my neck. Sometimes if you have a neck muscle that's even just a lil bit jacked up for some reason, it can pull on your skull.. can start a chain reactions of messed up muscle groups, and it doesn't have to be much to cause a ton of pain. The worst was when it felt like it went from my neck/skull base, up my head and down my forehead, and like all those muscles were pulling funny. Makes it hurt deep in my eye.. and eye pain is like the only pain that'll churn my stomach..

But it could be any number of other factors mentioned too. Don't think 2 ibuprofen were enough, I usually stick with the typical doctor prescribed amount of 800 mg.. but there are some migraines that even that won't do. I haven't gotten them in awhile, but if I ever got into another migraine spell I'd probably try fever few. It's a plant that's supposed to be pretty awesome with migraines.

2. Wow a lot of ppl get migraines, I get them but didn't realize it was so common, thanks for the tip with the peppers, I usually use Aleve that gets the job done, but the peppers sound better

3. Right up until you poop

-yuri

4. Right up until you poop

-yuri

5. there are so many causes of migraines from nutritional deficiencies to a pinched nerve. it's almost impossible to determine an exact cause without some serious testing.

however consider some of the following if they apply to you: 
    1. magnesium deficiency. 
    http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/condition/migraine-headache

2. vitamin D deficiency.
    https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/blog/new-study-finds-low-vitamin-d-levels-may-be-related-to-migraines/

overall i would say (like i do all the time :) ) your diet probably plays an role in your migraines, unless it's determine to be a cause of trauma or a pinched nerve. i guess it's also important to note "muscle knots" aka "trigger points"... which can be greatly reduced with proper massage therapy and/or acupuncture. 

if you are curious you can find trigger point charts online and try to gently roll over with your thumb on the areas on your neck (front and side) see if you feel immediate shooting pain, or if not certain level of discomfort on one side vs the other side. that would be like super-cheap self-dignosis that can yeild horrible results :) 
    my advice, besides looking into certain nutrient deficiencies is to find a good (google for ratings, etc.) chiropractor in your area. 

6. I had that awhile ago, but the doc said it was a sinus infection and the entire left side of my brain was clogged with mucus. o_O