First Rig

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by smokengolf, Jul 17, 2014.

1. I just broke my bong and I'm looking to get a rig, any suggestions on what would be a solid peace?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Something small with minimal diffusion for better flavor. A good nail and a blow torch is all you need after that.

Check it, this is mine ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405616559.146837.jpg

3. That's a nice size how much do you think something like that would run me?

4. Thats a K-nine so definitely I'm thinking $100+, thats not a teacup is it? @[member="YoShytsWeak"]

5. I'm not 100% sure. I looked online for teacup rigs and that's what popped up but in color.

Not sure if it's referring to the size cause I did see some smaller ones that where 10mm at my LHS.

I always just called it a beaker :)

6. OP, yes this was $220 with out the %30 discount he gave me.

But that was just for size comparison and to show you way to look for.

The shorter the distance between the nail and the the mouthpiece, the better the flavor will be. In my experience, this also slows down buildup of resin because it has less time to cool down and doesn't condensate back to a solid.

7. yeah its the size, they have em named after chihuahuas and shit lol. The smallest ones, the 10mm, are teacups pretty sure

8. #8 YoShytsWeak, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    Yeah idk what this is then lol it's a 14mm joint and about 4 inches tall(maybe 5)

Rips like a beast though nice smooth pulling even with a carb cap.

I've noticed that certain percs don't work as well with a carb cap cutting down the air flow

9. That little thing was $220? Didn't you find a pendant rig for like $80ish? Or was that someone else. Is the $220 with nail or just the beaker?

I can't justify that price tag for something so simple. Or at least it seems simple to me. No crazy percs or anything hard. Very little material used. Maybe its hard to do it small? I just feel like anything that is used for concentrates cost more just because its the latest fad or some shit like that. For example a LHS has HVY glass beakers for $50 they have the same piece but with a dome and nail instead of a flower bowl and it sells for $150. $100 more because a $30 adapter is already in it.

10. #10 YoShytsWeak, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    Guy at my LHS said he would hook me up for being there so long. And gave me a phat discount on top of the 30%.

K-nine makes some nice glass IMO, especially these little beakers. I can rip it as hard as I want not get any water.

It is harder to make smaller peices, at least that's what I've heard. Worth the $$ I spent :)

Also the smaller his rigs get the more expensive they get

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405733146.763775.jpg
    This is what I ended up getting thanks for the help everyone

12. I see a lot of you post rigs in the car, do you live in a medical state or are you just brave?? :)

13. Both! Lol

14. #14 YoShytsWeak, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  15. It's a 14mm joint and I made the nail myself with a block of titanium I got from a titanium supply store

16. Uh... if i remember correctly, there is a website called grasscity that sells rigs.

17. Wait you machined your own nail from a block of titanium? Thats impressive. Do you know if its medical grade 2 titanum?

18. thanks dude, it took me a little while but it works like a charm. I believe the titanium is medical grade, I've ordered from the sight before and they're extremely reliable

19. Thats awesome how does it hit?

20. It hits really nicely, just as good as other nails IMO