Roor Apprentice Here. Help.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by iSmoker, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Im sure if you're a certified Roor dealer, and therefore your suppplier is Roor itself, then you have nothing to worry about.

2. #42 Nachosgrande, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009
    Here are some genuine-looking fakes.

Attachment 313435
    Attachment 313436

The lip is also shaped different than any Roor I've ever seen. That's what gave it away to me immediately.

3. Great thread, I probably wont be needing to know as all the head shops around here carry a bunch of over priced custom pieces...its cool but I would like some labels that would actually bring down the prices

4. The fakes are getting better, good luck to anyone purchasing one. Make sure you look out for all the details! They are a great investment.

If not check out Sheldon Black, made by the same ppl who make RooR Us. & Lux.

5. If you are talking about Import House in Columbus, OH you have nothing to fear. All they sell is legit ROOR. I bought mine from there.

6. uh well considering teh PUREs on EDIT are fake they could easily fake roors too

7. Why would anyone want to copy a PURE?! Those are shitty glass pieces, and EDIT is probably the most trusted Roor.de dealer on the internet, do your research man.

8. i never said they were seeling fake roors did i? nope

there pures are fake simple as that.

and pure is not shit. not the best but not shit and plz dont come at with some stupid bullshit that i need to smoke a real bong cuz i have roors, illadelphs, toros, luxs and i have never had a problem with my pure and it compares to teh best

9. EDIT is not selling fake Pures... and neither is anyone else. Fake Pures do not exist and they probably never will. Why would any greedy, profit driven counterfeiter want to copy a low end glass company that sells for cheap? Where is the money in that?

That being said, if the same people making ROOR fakes were making Pure fakes... they would probably be an IMPROVEMENT on genuine pures. :p

Regardless this thread is decidedly not about PUREs so get that shit outta here! :hello:

10. This. Haha who would copy a cheap china glass company, a vietnamese glass company?! They would make no money! And you pretty much did say they are selling fake roors, unless you can't read your own post :rolleyes:

11. If it were cheaper to buy a fake roor, and the head shop wasn't making ridiculous markup on it, I wouldn't care...but when dicktouchers present a cheaply made piece as a quality one (and real roor's are quality...) then there's a problem.

Great thread OP, +rep all the way. Sticky this thread, and keep the pics of fakes coming.

12. oh well when you present the evidence in that way, it totally makes sense

simple as that

13. even a certified dealer can get scammed... they are less likely to but shit does happen.. (prime example is there is a Coach store in my local mall... they recently received a batch of fake bags... so it does happen)

i wouldnt look as close at the piece as i would at a shop that isnt licensed to sell them, but in the same breath a knock off Roor will stand out when setting on the shelf next to a legit roor... and alot of the times the managers and shop workers will realize this and take em off the shelf before someone actually bought one, or sell them at a cheaper price (sometimes actually losing money on said items).. if it looks fake and they're trying to sell it for a legit roor price.. call em out on it.. if they're a reputable shop they might come off the price a bit (and probably jack the price up on the next fool that thinks they're buying a real roor)

14. Absolutely brilliant guide, learned a lot + Rep

15. WTF. I worked at Coach, and my dad is the store manager of the store and I could never see that happening...

16. Small world.

17. yo sinsemillapleas

i didnt know roor created or as you put "originated" the first glass on glass bong. please show me where you find this?

one misinformed point doesnt not prove total ignorance.
    if you believe this you yourself are ignorant.
    i stand by my point, roor.de are overpriced for a simple straight tube. much better glass work elsewhere, please prove me wrong on this point too...

im going by the words of my local head shop owner. because he deals with these glass makers and knows several.

but for real, not trying to be a dick. i dont know how to find real company bios. where did you find this info?

peace

18. You really can't base your thought on RooR based on what a head shop owner said. Yes, I am sure dealing with RooR is a bitch but that is because it is United States. I have heard head shop owners say the same thing, and I am sure it is a bitch dealing with RooR.US but if you lived in Germany, RooR is a completely different company over there and is nicely made, and has great customer satisfaction.

19. I agree that Roor.de is a bit too pricey for a basic straight tube, which is why i got a .us version, but the beaker bottoms are probably the best in the game, period.

20. #60 spliffed, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
    ive it a roor.de beaker. my buddy has it.

cant agree with you.

but it does rip