Roor Apprentice Here. Help.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by iSmoker, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Awesome thread man, been waiting for something like this, + rep!

2. Thanks Captain, and as to INSmod, would you spend $300 on a $75 glass bong?

3. haha now if i spotted a fake i may just offer 1/2-1/4 the price and pick it up. If i wanted a smooth hit, i'd get a perc'd bong. I'd only get a roor for the label anyway.

4. I think the people who say "who cares if it's a fake, as long as it gets you high?" or whatever, fail to realize that someone who is puttin' down the cash to buy a ROOR, is likely doing it because it's a ROOR.
    Most of the people buying a ROOR aren't just walking into a head shop with a bit of cash looking for whatever bong will "get them high", they're looking for a ROOR.

So of course buying a fake is going to piss people off.

Say you decide you want some nice new shoes, and you decide Nike is the best brand of the best quality, so you shell out some serious dough on a nice new pair.
    And then you find out they're actually $20 knockoffs made in China.

Obviously you're going to be angry that you were fooled into buying something you didn't want and is likely of lower quality.

It's not that hard to understand, people! :p

5. i enjoyed reading the op. but ive got a question. my blue label that i bought on edit doesnt really have a sig.. its got a single blue dot directly above the joint about 2" up from where the glass is drawn out for the joint. i know edit is a fairly reputable store so i dont think its fake. but ive never seen a roor w./ just a dot for a sig. advice or input?

6. It has to be real. There is no way in hell EDIT would ever ship a fake RooR so it must just be a super exception and that is how the blower wanted it. But there is no way yours is fake.

7. No, the blue label series has no signature, just a blue dot. It's like that on every legit .de roor blue label. The only way it would have a sig is if it's american.

8. ^^^^ to me

first pic the glass on the left looks super thin. and second one the ice notches look deformed or just off imo

9. this thread is extremely useful and entertaining as well, It makes me want to go to some local headshops to spot out the fakes

10. See when you post fakes, generally you should identify why they are fake to help others. Sure looks like a roor to me based on the above guidelines.

11. This is how I know that you have no idea what you are talking about. ROOR originated the GonG bong. They are the founders of the modern day glass scene. Relatively new my ass... :p

12. #33 sinsemillaplease, Dec 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2009

View attachment 313435
    View attachment 313436

For everyone who wanted to know how to spot these as fakes:

1) Short, shallow joints. (This is the dead giveaway!)
    2) Wonky, small, possibly stamped on bases.
    3) Super acute angles on the joints.

These are the best fakes I've ever seen.

13. when people buy roors, they are not just buyin a bong
    they are buying a brand

legitmacy is important

14. Hahaha are you kidding me? What rock have you been living under, i knew about Roor before i even knew what gong stood for! :rolleyes:

15. did you metnion the joints? if thejoint on a roor looks like it was welded then it is a fake, but if it looks smooth and natural, its legit:smoking:

16. Lol I was going to post the pics I took of that, lol and sinsemillapleas beat me to it haha.
    Anyway good guide man, and yeah roor counterfitters are getting quite good now..

17. Thanks man, and yes they are getting quite good.

18. just throwing this in, the Import House (headshop by me) is a ceritfied RooR dealer, does that mean that their all legit or should we still be on the look out? (im not even buying a RooR, just possibly helping others)

19. I think all that means is that the head shop is certified by RooR. I would feel much safer going in there and buying one and I am sure they are legit but still keep your eyes open because you never know. :cool: