Palestine Or Israel? Who Is Correct? Post Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by baker925, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1001 forty winks, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014

So a Russian Jew has two bloods and and Italian Canadian from the US has three bloods?

2. Russian Jews are typically Jewish by ethnicity, Russian by nationality.

3. #1003 forty winks, Aug 23, 2014

You essentialized/racialized blood and now you are skirting the issue ...

If true, very disturbing.

I can believe it. It's pretty disturbing. Apparently it was like 17 though. Two different locations.

6. One side executes their own people.

The other side protects their own.

[​IMG]

7. Anybody who invokes blood, race and nationality like you did earlier is a racist, so go away.  You and your murdering IDF don't have a moral leg to stand on in this conflict.

Absolutely disgusting.

8. What else do you want me to say? A Jew is still a Jew regardless of the country he/she is born in.

9. Lol

Forgive me for explaining how Jews are as much an ethnicity as Japanese or Russians.

Do you really have to include your childish ad hominems to get ur point across?

10. #1011 Herbix, Aug 23, 2014

He's not being racist. Look up 'Primordialism.' It is literally one of the most widely accepted theories in political science. It is the basis for Woodrow Wilson's policy of self determination. Without nationalism, there would be no separate European states. What you are thinking of is Civic nationalism, which is not the same thing. 

Civic nationalism is not rooted in ethnic homogeneity, which is the basis for primordial theory. When you think of civic nationalism, you think of flags, anthems, passports and the like. However, that's not what Dilla is referring to. A Russian Jew is a citizen of the state of Russia, and thus the Russian civic nation. However, they are not part of the Russian nation in the primordial sense. An Italian Canadian from the US does not have 'three bloods,' they have one, Italian. They are ethnically Italian. Canada and USA are not nations in the primordial sense. They are countries, but there is no "Canadian nation." It is one of the most misused terms of political science. For instance, the 'United Nations' is not a collection of nations, but a collection of states. However, they couldn't very well call themselves the "United States" because that name was already taken.

You live in Canada, so you know that people are asked what their lineage is all the time. This is essentially the same as saying "what nation do you belong to?" You might also remember a piece of legislation in the HoC a few years back in which the Québécois were recognised as a 'nation within a united Canada." This is not to say that Québec is a state, but rather a nation in the primordial sense.

There are literally hundreds of examples. Do you think Kurds are racist for wanting their own state? The Scots? It's not racism, it's nationalism. Stark difference.

Different political scientists posit different reasons for the rise of nationalism. Ernest Gellner for instance is a highly-cited scientist who theorised that nationalism came as a result of industrialisation. However, his is only one theory. I've linked an excerpt from his piece 'Nations and Nationalism' below. That said, I want to draw your attention to one particular quote that helps to explain the difference between ethnic nationalism (primordial) and the modern 'constructivist' alternative.

<div>
    </div> 
    Same reason why we call indigenous people of Canada the 'First Nations' not because they developed modern states, but rather they had nations in the cultural/ethnic sense of the term, and still do, despite not having a state.

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~plam/irnotes07/Gellner1983.pdf

11. Yes you are right. They should just be land.

Is America the land of Americans? No. Many countries are becomming mixed. Its time tto let go of petty differences.

Calling Israel.land of the Jews automatically oppresses the non Jews living there before Israel was there

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. American citizens are called Americans, yes.

Just like France is home of the French, Spain is home of the Spaniards etc.

Petty differences? How about the many Islamic Republic?

13. Are you serious? You have the attention span of a fish.

American is not a race. It is not a culture and it doesn't have anything to do with genetics. America is a land, where people of different cultures and ethnic groups live in harmony.

Israel is the land of the Jews (those who specifically have Jewish blood)

Kinda how nazis Germany was for the true Germans
    Sigh
    OK? I'm not saying only Israel should follow the rules
    I'm criticizing Israel for being the more grown up country and still acting like a child

14. Looks like they are trying to piss off the gawd's. He gave that shit to the jews! read your bible, man. http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/02/there_was_never_a_country_called_palestine.html#

Oh the many reasons I cannot stand tribalism. 

15. Is it maybe because Jews have been the scapegoat and persecuted for centuries in nearly every state that they would want a Jewish state?

You don't have to be Jewish to move or even live in Israel. Why are you making it seem like it's an ethnically homogeneous state?

16. Blacks first!
    No I jest. But seriously, affirmative action is stupid

Why do you expect people to pay for their ancestors crimes?
    I'm not. I'm saying that favoritism and discrimination naturally follow when a country has an official type of person, in this case jew

17. You're gonna have to get used to it whether you like it or not.

As long as there have been Islamic theocracies, Catholic states, ethnoreligious states etc, there will be a Jewish nation.

18. Funny, many call the US a x-ian nation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.