Best Quartz Domeless Nail

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by jpickard22, Jul 16, 2014.

1. I only meant that instead of this seasoning process, which I am personally unfamiliar with, for safety's sake alone titanium should be 'cooked' of residuals that may have been left by any machine work.

2. Quarts are nice but don't hold the heat as long. I started on quarts and now I'm TI and couldn't go back! Takes half the time to heat up and hold the heat longer. I have a highly educated TI nail. Paid $30 for it!

Get high, Be high, Live high

3. #23 Bill Densoyle, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    Hello, I have a question that relates to this topic.  If someone is researching the options on the market because they want to buy a nail setup, there are a lot of options to understand.  Say for example they decided they want a quartz direct inject vortex style nail with quartz carb cap for use with an electric nail and a stemless water pipe... my question is:

What is the best diameter?  I understand 14mm and 18mm are standard, and now 10mm is the new third standardized size, right?  Can someone explain the pros and cons of these 3 diameter options for a person who is not experienced?

Thanks,

Bill Densoyle

4. Ceramic is good but you pretty much have to get pro at low temp dabs if you don't wanna Crack it the first day they stress Crack super easy and I've been told by peeps that taking 15 min breaks in between dabs helps prolong life cuz yer letting it cool down to room temp before heating back up so ain't such a drastic change in temps.. I still prefer my domeless quartz

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Unless.im mistaken I don't think you can use a direct inject quartz nail with a enails. .gotta be Ti for the coil unless there's something new for quartz if so point me that way..I'd get a auto pilot and 14 mm and 18 mm are standards much easier to find replacement stuff for rather then 10 mm and below but that's in my area

6. what's this one?  http://www.downtownfog.com/d-nail-2-0-pukinbeagle-quartz-set/  I guess "direct inject" is one thing, and "vortex" is another.  In the picture on the link i provided, I guess you lower that donut heating element onto the quartz nail with the pointed quartz carb cap...

So, in that case there is still TI involved to the extent that the heater donut is made out of metals, but the direct contact and the heat diffusion is all quartz, right?

7. My mind is officially blown ..and your correct other then heating elements the rest is all quartz so all contact your referring to would be quartz I'm getting one asap!!

8. This is a better pic of those two pieces now the red circle is the the direct injection the blue is the dabber and white carb cap

And where I didn't circle is the nail head or top how ever you wanna put it

Attached Files:

9. Okay, so this one has direct inject and its vortex and its all quartz.  I wonder if the pointy part stays cool enough to touch it when you want to put the carb cap on the nail or take it off the nail, because apparently you're lowering the hot donut down onto the upright cap from above...

Yeah the technology is getting pretty interesting, it sure is rapidly progressing.  My other concern would be the way there is the air intake hole in the carb cap--if there is any toxic off-gassing from the heating element, it could be inhaled thru that hole.

There is still the question of pro's and con's to the wider or narrower diameter of nail.

10. To me it's not the size of the nail but the quality so I can't give you a scientific reason for why I prefer a 14 millimeter or 18 millimeter over nine millimeter or 10 millimeter in and start using and find what you like his I believe it's a personal preference when it comes to that as far as don't worry some of the diver getting hot it warms up but not that bad where you couldn't hold it unless you decide to hold it to the nail and allowed the heat to disperse..every rig hits different and every nail has its pros and.cons gotta try it to know what you prefer..hope that was some help