My Personal Experience With Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jdahms, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Social Security is different, because that is something that is withdrawn from their paychecks to support them in the future. Social Security is earned. Tax money going into someone elses housing or rather right into their pockets are what he is referring to.

2. Medicare is for Grandma. Medicaid is for those low income "moochers" you were talking about.

"Welfare" is just a generic term for all of it.

If you lost your job, or were injured and couldn't work, you would also be entitled to "welfare" benefits.

3. #103 MrRaider, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    Do you have anything to back this up pen? I've searched high and low and can't find anything that supports your claim. This is the best I can find that supports your numbers and its not even close

bat mobile

If you read the charts it's actually the opposite of what you claim. The costs have sky rocketed since 07

Attached Files:

4. I was talking about our insurance premiums as a single family, not national averages.

I could back it up with my bank statements, but I'm not going to do that.

I did say it was anecdotal, didn't I?

5. Yes you did. But I still don't believe you. Nothing support your claim

bat mobile

6. #106 Penelope420, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
    You don't have to believe me.

Actually, my insurance just got even cheaper this week. My company now reimburses me for 100% of what we pay for insurance premiums, because I'm on my husband's insurance policy. So, now we pay almost zero for insurance.

It's still cheaper for my company to reimburse me then it would be to pay for my share of an insurance policy.

One of the benefits of working for a non-profit company that has had record breaking growth since 2008 (our worst year ever).

7. You mean a nonprofit for profit? Or nonprofit? Tax exempt telling tax payers how best to spend their earnings. ....this explains much

bat mobile

8. I think with the implementation of the affordable healthcare act we're taking the right steps to universal affordable healthcare. It isn't perfect of course. But people are getting covered. Satan forbid you get cancer or have to have heart surgery that would set you back hundreds of thousands.

I'm not going to say much because I'm covered by military benefits and my moms healthcare, and I'm not old enough to have to get it for myself. But it makes sense. These are the beginning stages.

I wish we could get the pharmaceutical and healthcare business out of our politics and pockets but I mean, what are the chances of that happening really.

Totally off topic though. Lol

9. What is a "nonprofit for profit"?

10. Lol look it up

bat mobile

11. I have ran one in the form of a medical marijuana despensary...and my guess is it's what the company you work for is

bat mobile

12. I should have said "not-for-profit" instead of nonprofit (I confuse those). Is that what you're asking?

13. I'm not falling for this trap.  I'm a fisherman, and i know a barbed hook when I see one.

It pisses me off because all my friends and family keep pressuring me to register.  And I'm like:  "Lol, im broke as fuck, let the retards fine me for being poor and distrustful"

14. #114 garrison68, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
    If you do not have money, you can get Medicaid for free.    

15. Its not free. The rest of us would have to pay for it for him.

16. not if you're a single male without children.

I don't qualify for medicaid. In addition to this, 'obamacare' doesn't include dentical for adults.

Affordable healthcare my ass lol

17. For people that are poor they can get medicaid, men or women.  Any poor person who fits the financial requirements gets medicaid, it's medical insurance not welfare.  

18. Half the people in the country gets some kind of benefits from the government, but not that many get Medicaid.  

19. I'm guessing you see that as justification. I see it as a sad indictment of where this country is heading.

20. I was not editorializing, just stating the facts - Medicaid is available to those who are broke and with Obamacare, nobody pays more than 10% of their income for health care.   Whether we should have systems like this or not is an open question, but there's no reason for anybody to not have health insurance anymore.