Las First Cannabis Farmers Market

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ogderp, Jul 16, 2014.

1. During both 4th of July weekend and last weekend, the city of Los Angeles opened it's first ever medical cannabis farmer's market. The event was organized by the west coast collective and was held inside a warehouse behind the dispensary. The farmer's market attracted big crowds as the line to get in stretched for blocks and was over an hour long. Once inside, patients with a valid recommendation were allowed to buy cannabis directly from the grower at cheaper prices than what they would pay at a dispensary. Unfortunately, this weekly event may be short lived. Shortly after it's debut, the LA city attorney requested and was granted a temporary injunction to stop the farmer's market because he claimed that it violates proposition D. A hearing is scheduled for August 6th to decide if the farmer's market will be allowed to continue operating or will be permanently closed.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0706-pot-farmers-market-2-20140706-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-la-medical-marijuana-farmers-market-temporarily-shut-down-20140715-story.html

2. That's cool. We have them up here to

3. I hope it stays. We need this! You said the line stretched for blocks and it took over an hour to get in. The people have voiced their opinion. If it stays, I'll hit it up. If L.A. blocks it, maybe Hollywood will open up one. Hollywood LOVES MMJ!

Thanks for posting!  :)

4. #5 well highdrated, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    but it was shut down :(

5. He's right. According to the district attorney in Los Angeles, the market goes against Proposition D....This is really bad news for us, since we attended and it was more peaceful than your average market, plus they were all selling top shelf $10 grams which was nice.....So much for too much of a good thing.  :confused_2: