Extremely Crude/budget Automatic Ak47 Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by pfitz, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Sup GC!
    Now before I start my post I would like to let you guys know that yes, I do realize this grow is extremely flawed and would not recommend trying to emulate this grow unless you're as poor as I am or just want a little bit of experience before you do a proper grow.

Anyway, so basically I'm broke as all hell and it's peak Winter where I live so growing outdoors is definitely not an option. I decided to save up what little money I have and start an experimental hydroponic grow as I have always been interested in growing hydro and found a few cheap set up plans online. The material list is as follows
    Air pump  - $11 - Big W
    Hose, air stone and pot - $10 - Local Hydro Store
    5L bucket - $5 - Big W
    50W LED red/blue spectrum grow light - $20 - Ebay
    Appliance timer - $7 - Big W
    Perlite - $5 - Bunnings
    pH kit with pH up and down - $12 - Big W
    Dutch Master Gold Flowering Nutes - $20 -  Local Hydro Store
    Cardboard box line with alluminium foil (doesn't pose a fire hazard in area I have it in and will get around to using something better than alfoil as I am aware it's not too great) - Free - Home

I am currently on day 20 since sprouting. It's all been pretty basic thus far; germinated in paper towel, sprouted in perlite, water pH'd at 5.6-5.8 and started on 1/8 of a strength nutrients at day 7, gradually increased weekly and now up to 3/4 strength.

I haven't ran into any major issues as of yet, a tiny spot of nutrient burn on one of the leaves and a slight bend in a couple of other leaves. The roots seem healthy and are starting to take off now.

Any feedback would be appreciated, I have learned that the forums can be pretty harsh sometimes but I ask you keep criticism to a minimum unless it's constructive as I'm pretty much doing the best I can with what I have. Also for anyone who is going to make suggestions on improvements keep in mind that I can't really afford much else but am definitely open and appreciative to them.

I'll try to keep updating pic weekly, I'll use the GoPro next time for better quality.
    Keep the stoke, dudes!
    IMG_38931.JPG IMG_38941.JPG IMG_38921.JPG IMG_38911.JPG IMG_38901.JPG IMG_38891.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Not bad for what you got to work with 😁. I'm pulling up a chair for this one. Subbing up 😃

Kevieboy420

• Like Like x 2
  3. I agree, considering what you've to work with I'd say you're doing very well. ♤♤

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2

Thanks guys!! I'm actually surprised myself with the progress so far! 

• Like Like x 1
  5. No problem. I've actually got an auto ak about to be done soon 😃

Kevieboy420

6. Are you from Australia? subb'd along to see how it goes!

7. Awesome! Have you got a grow journal I can check?
    Yeah sure am! Cheers man

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah I just don't know how to make it my signature with my new phone lol

Kevieboy420

9. #9 GoldGrower, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    Very impressive for what you have to work with. the one thing I would change is the nutrient concentration, I would drop that back to a quarter strength for the next few weeks and bump it up to half for weeks 5-7. I doubt you will need to go above half strength even at its peak 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lol awesome I'll give it a suss

11. Awesome really appreciate the input! Will pull it back next feed. Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey everyone just a real quick one photo post sorry had a crazy flat out week and won't be able to do a proper post till next week. Anyway at around day 30, everything looking healthy, reduced nute strength back to 1/4 and done some lst. Starting to think the seed bank may have stuffed up and sent me a photoperiod seed because I can't find the ak47 by vision seeds anywhere anymore and there is still no signs of even pre-flowering yet apart from a bit of a smell. Anyway I'll update further on Tuesday.

13. #13 pfitz, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    Okay I can't even figure out how to post on my phone haha sorry to get your hopes up

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406281136.947507.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406281159.314345.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406281185.914424.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406281230.014820.jpg
    Managed to get a few photos :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  15. Looking forward to see your results man! Subbed! Keep us posted!

16. At week 5 now! I think the girl has responded well to LST, all the lower nodes are starting to branch out. I accidentally dun goofed and dropped the light on the plant when moving spots :/ a few of the leaves are munted but no major damage. STILL no signs of flowering, I switched it to a 12/12 cycle to see if it is a photoperiod plant; it's been 2 days and I haven't seen any changes yet but I'll wait it out a bit longer. The nutrient strength was increased to 3/8th and it seems to be fine with that. Roots still growing fine.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406698684.479896.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406698707.580045.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406698737.113183.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406698751.413683.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406698775.530677.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408075987.103611.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408076035.297656.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408076058.397047.jpg
    At about day 80, pics were from a few days ago. Side branches are starting to spit out new nodes constantly and FINALLY some pistils are starting to form. Continuing to LST more and more and I definitely think it's helping

• Like Like x 2
  18. Is it an auto then? 

19. hmmm not sure, it's on 12/12 but still took a while to start, I'll keep it on 12/12 to be safe