Oil Rig, How Does The Nail Fit?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by dunyain, Jul 16, 2014.

1. So I just picked up a piece made by US tubes, basically the same as that picture online. It's got the downstem and other glass part (not sure what that's called) that fits over it. I got a domeless TI nail separately online, sold as a 14/18 universal piece that fits male or female. The thing is I can't figure out how the hell to put the nail in. First I tried putting it in with the male nail attachment screwed on right into the piece as it's shown in the picture, but it didn't fit snugly in there. Then I tried taking that glass part off and putting the female attachment over the downstem, which kind of sort of worked but again wasn't quite snug. The only thing that seems to work is to remove the downstem and just stick the male nail right in there, but then I've got no downstem.

Does anybody else have a rig like this that could help me out? Either I'm just being retarded and not getting it, or I got a cheapass Chinese nail that doesn't fit anything right.

Attached Files:

• rig.jpg
      rig.jpg
      File size:
      31.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Can't tell if you're talking about the dome or the nail

3. Should have specified, it's a domeless nail.

Picture A shows everything I've got, the piece with the downstem, along with the nail, and that other glass part. B shows me trying to fit the nail over the male part of the downstem, you can't really tell but it's lopsided and I might be able to hit it if i was real careful but it wobbles around quite a bit. C shows the inside of that female part of the nail. It's a bit blurry, but you can see how there's two thicknesses in there, I am assuming one is for an 18mm and the other is for the 14 mm. The thing is the male part of the downstem seems to push right up to that inner ring but wont go past it, leading me to believe that maybe it's a shit nail that isn't sized properly. Then in picture D I've taken off that female part and just stuck it right into the nipple in place of a downstem. It fits great but again there's no downstem there, and I've never hit a dab without water in the piece but I might just try that cuz I want to use this thing.

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      98.3 KB
      Views:
    • B.jpg
      B.jpg
      File size:
      104.8 KB
      Views:
    • C.jpg
      C.jpg
      File size:
      86.9 KB
      Views:
    • D.jpg
      D.jpg
      File size:
      99.1 KB
      Views:
  5. The second picture is the one that you'll end up with, fitting the female nail into the male down stem. It's just the way it sits, little wobbly but still work. Your other other option is another nail that would go inside your male downstem, but I would do with what you have. Sometimes some joints don't sit well together.

6. You may have a 10mm male piece if a universal nail isn't working

7. you can find out how big the joint is by forcing a dime into it

What if my dime is bigger than a gram?

9. you may have to spit on it, force it, or both.

I just don't want it to break my glass hole.

11. Yea I actually just contacted the seller, it seems like it's probably just sized a bit off.

12. LMAO! This is why you dont buy knokoff Ti! Task posted a video of him comparing how his infiniti fits to one of these knockoffs.

Sorry you got duped bro, shoulda done some reading

13. Yea, I probably should have learned my lesson after the gpen battery I got on ebay died after a week. I was just so tempted by a $25 domeless. I guess next time I should shell out for something that's quality... anyone reading this take it as a lesson: don't ever trust supposed bargains on ebay, *especially* when it comes to your blazing gear.

14. Your problem is the nail. It's a fake Infiniti nail and the don't fit well at all. Not to mention the TI isn't any good

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. My name is YoShytsWeak and I approve this message

Lololol, But seriously the best and most adaptable nail out there IMO I have 2 of them cause I like the first one so much

16. #18 dunyain, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    That looks pretty sweet and while I'm convinced that I've got to drop a bit more cash for something decent, is there anything out there that's less than $120? Am I going to be able to find anything good within the $50-$60 range? It doesn't really have to be a universal piece, just something that will fit mine.

17. Quartz or ceramic are both cheap,

Be cautious with heating the ceramic and using outdoors as they don't react well with sudden uneven temperature changes and break.

I'm learning that quartz is more resilient to this.

If you want TI then get a flux or a v3 nail from HE in your size. There are a bunch of other to manufactures but I don't know them so I won't comment.

I haven't yet seen a quarts nail with a sort of direct inject tube that leads from the nail head down to below the rim of the male joint on the rig.

18. i have a couple of those actually they suck compared to one with a female fitting.