First Time Grow - Closet Clone, Random Indica Strain - Hows She Look And Any Tips?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BuddyBogart, Jul 16, 2014.

1. good green jesus, that's quite the harvest. I'm just growing for personal smoke. I'm sick of the dirt weed here, so I managed to get a clone of this and I'm doing my best to maintain and gain at the same time. Lol, thank you for the advice my friend.

"I don't always contradict myself. But when I do, I don't"

If you want my real advice is get this grow under your belt then get a cheap hydro kit and learn that. Its simpler than soil in many ways.

3. thank you so much mate! It's easy stuff really, but there's so much stuff involved that it can boggle my brain sometimes. I'll top to add more bud sights, and I'll invest in the ph, and def the lighting. I'm very limited to room so I have to light that bitch up without frying the poor thing. Thank you bro :)

4. Yeah toppings not a science. Fim is called fuck I missed for a reason. Tons of people mess it up and somehow that became a technique. Lol. Bend them or LST. If you want something to grow quickly and make more of what it produces, try to limit it as little as possible you know?

5. i heard hydro is less potent than soil bud? I would have probably invested in that if I wasn't told that

6. so top once or twice? Is that what you're saying?

Thats not the case, I do organic hydro. The only thing different is the speed at which it grows.

Some big growers use chemicals and don't put the good nutrients into it. They might grow mediocre buds just for the money.

No problems with quality here. :D

View attachment 1486735
    View attachment 1481164

8. Honestly what I'm telling you is to not top once at all. I did it and I know for a fact it slows down the plant. If you want to have 3 or 4 more potential sites for a few more grams then topping and scrogging is the bomb.com. if you want flowers fast, take a few clones, put em in like 1-2 gallon pots and flower them. Sea of green method so to speak. Just not mad seeds in one tray. They will flower faster and still get you a good amount per plant. But like snoop said, get this grow done and you will be 5000% more prepared your next run.

9. you making a man jones bro. Send some of that herb here in a coffee can;) no but seriously, how much will a hydro kit cost roughly?

10. how do you force flower exactly??

11. Same worry I got mate, planning on a 1000w hps or 2 600w, doubt I will ever sleep for worrying that they aren't comfortable lol, it's amazing how attached you can become to a plant huh! haha...I think you will do well bro, invest a few quid in a ph pen and keep the lights golden, you should be rewarded well!  :smoking:

12. #32 tallglassesofmilk, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    Not much to it but to do it. Or you can turn the lights off for 36 hours and then turn them on for the new 12/12 schedule. Some claim this makes them flower faster. I don't know because we in america don't publish awesome studies on data like this. We just have the collective of dudes on here. :)

A good starter kit is $36.95 I have harvested a quarter pound from one. They come complete, just enough to make you love it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-SITE-HYDROPONIC-GROW-BOX-SYSTEM-KIT-5-GALLON-COMPLETE-W-NUTRIENTS-pH-TEST-/151353340388?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item233d5cb1e4

A coffee can ,,, How about a 5 gallon bucket? LOL :laughing:

View attachment 1494170

14. lol I know exactly what you're saying. I play music for it and talk to her occasionally. I look at it like 6 times a day thinking it's going to miraculously grow 2 feet. Hahaha

15. Ahh the benefits of living in the States lol.....they won't even ship that to the UK....my girl is from Utah ffs, surely that should allow me access to all the benefits of the USA!! ;) 

16. 36 hours? o_O sounds almost risky!! But near the end of this plants cycle, I'll cut another clone or clones and do what you said. How many weeks should I vegetate the sea of green?

-.- well, I live in GA..shhhhhhhhh...

you should be able to build the same thing for half the price.  I can make a unit like that for $15 or less.

18. We are on the same page bud! lol, it was on the news the other day that scientists have discovered plants for some reason love Liverpool accents......planning on buying the entire Beatles back catalogue for my babies now! haha :) 

19. Thing is Snoop I really should be able to.....truth is I'm a roofing contractor by trade, and spend most days installing industrial roofing systems 500ft in the air, and find it very easy......ask me to sit down and knock up a basic hydro unit that plants can survive in and I have an anxiety attack! lol......I was looking at the Wilma 8 pot setups, but I have seen loads of people complain that they don't offer enough space, especially for shorter bushier strains like Indica, so I think I will stick with soil or coco for the first time round, and keep looking for a decent hydro setup that doesn't confuse the hell out of me!  :confused:

20. Def I would recommend coco not soil. Its like this in my head ...

Hydro, aero, aqua>coco>soil.

That's for faster return or flower tho. Maybe I'm not experienced but hydro grows faster. Coco seems to be what the all best weed I've ever smoked was grown in. I've smoked Bruce banner og, adub, and everything else on the high times list of most potent. Soil has always been the best tasting stuff but I think the lack of oxygen to the roots leaves you with less potency.