First Time Grow - 600W Hps - Easy Ryder And Rq Critical

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MD to NC, Jul 15, 2014.

1. So after hitting #2 & #3 with a full dose of veg nutes along with their flower nutes, the lime green leaves have recovered to a darker color and look much better. Gettin real antsy now that harvest is around the corner. I took a small sample bud off the bottom of #1,  and it's drying as we speak. Will report back when its dry with a mini smoke report.

2. Day: 60

EZ#1 is starting her flush before harvest. Hopefully she will go about 2 more weeks. She has a fruity smell and a low percentage of milky trichs.

EZ#2 & 3 are getting their usual dose of tiger bloom at full strength. EZ#2 is getting fat as shit, much thicker than #3 who is about a week behind.

Now onto the smoke....I took a small bud off the bottom of #1. Had it hanging for a day, then made the mistake of remembering I had a dehydrator. This sped the drying up greatly, which turned that one sample bud into 3 so far.... I know I should wait, dry properly, cure, etc.... I've vowed to leave it alone until harvest, just had to get it out of my system(or into my system, lol)

So the smoke was harsh as shit, and tasted horrible. The dried bud looks pretty good. Airy yet lined with crystals. It smells like tea at this point. The high wasn't too bad though. Lasted for about 30-40 mins. Uplifting buzz with a definite munchie effect later on.

So i'm definitely excited for harvest, not much longer now. Here's a few pics...The HPS doesn't do them justice...First one is EZ#1, then EZ#2, and 3rd is a piece of that sample bud.   :smoking:

Attached Files:

3. Yea, I wish I didn't have this dehydrator because having to wait several days for it to air dry would keep me from clipping buds. Its hard to get bud around here right now so I just had to clip my 4th bud. Here's a pic of the fresh cut bud off to the dehydrator. Harvest can't come soon enough, letting this get outta control! I will stop after this bud....I hope..... :smoke:

Attached Files:

4. #85 MD to NC, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
    Day: 71

Well harvest is right around the corner!  :hello:

Here's a few pics of EZ#1. I've been giving her plain water for 11 days now. I was thinking of cutting her in a few days, which will put her around 75 days old. Pretty much right on with what the Joint Doc said. She never made it past 15", even though the other 2 EZ"s are almost double that height. With all 3 of the next to each other, they look like 3 different strais. Crazy when they've had the same conditions the whole time.

All of her leaves are yellow/brown and getting crispy. Not too many falling off, just dying. I'd say 90% of the hairs are orange,red, etc... She's still holding on to that fruity smell. I still see a few clear trichs. I've sampled quite a few buds from her over the past week or so. Definitely gets me high, but tastes like shit and only lasts for about an hour. I'm sure this will improve greatly after a proper dry and cure.

EZ#2 who was planted at the same time looks like she will go a couple more weeks. I'll probably start her flushing her after one more feeding. 

I was thinking of putting #1 in the dark for the next few days. From what I've read, this is supposed to increase resin or something.

Please feel free to comment on if you think my projected harvest date of this weekend seems like a good idea. Thanks!  :smoke:

Attached Files:

5. Well I've decided I'm gonna chop today. Gonna fire one up and get to it.  i will be back with updates and pics. :smoke:

6. trimming sucks!

7. Here's EZ#1 after a rough trim. Still have more tedious work to do. Trimming is a bitch. Got alot of sugar leaves that I will make cannabutter with once I harvest my other 2. Got a nice lil nug of goo from the scissors that I'm about to blaze up too. Hoping to get at least 2oz out this bitch. Will be back with more pics soon...

Attached Files:

8. I found this little bastard in with the buds while trimming. He was dead, guess he got too high.  Anybody know what it is. Looks like a pincher bug. Looks big in the pic, but only long as a half grain of rice. Hope there's not more of em in my other girls...

Attached Files:

9. #90 MD to NC, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Well I got her trimmed up pretty good. I"ll fine tune her after she's dry. Here's a few pics. The last pic is her stump. Notice the beads of water on the tips. Not sure what that is, maybe trying to send shit upward to repair. Or maybe she's shedding one final tear....

Final Wet Weight:  338g/12.07oz  Main Cola: 88g/3.14oz

I did pluck at least 5g's off her during the end there. I know she will lose alot during drying...Can anyone guess what the final weight will be??? I'm hoping for at least 2 onions. Comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. #91 MD to NC, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
    Sorry it's been awhile since an update. Been busy getting baked off EZ#1 lol. Been curing since the chop and the taste is getting better. I harvested EZ#2 today. She was 80 days old from seed. I didn't get a wet weight from her, but will be back with pics and details later.

As for EZ#1, her dry weight was: 74g/2.6oz!

I think that's a pretty good yield for my first grow and it being an autoflower. #2 will probably be a little bit less than that, but #3 will be the biggest yield of them all. Looks like I will definitely surpass my goal of a QP for the 3 of them. Be back soon with pics of whats been happening....Peace :smoke:

11. #92 MD to NC, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    Hello Everyone, this will be my final entry in this journal now that my Easy Ryder grow is complete.

Feel free to comment or ask questions, I will be keeping an eye on the thread.

Final Weight: 340g/12.14oz!
    EZ#1: 74g
    EZ#2: 144g
    EZ#3: 122g

So that puts me a little over .5g/watt, Not too bad for my first grow. Never thought I'd be pullin over 3/4lb off them though. Here's a few pics of #2 &#3 during harvest, and my complete harvest on the jar pic. 

Just to recap: I grew 3 Easy Ryder autos under a 600w MH/HPS in FFOF with FF nutes. They went from seed to chop in about 80 days.

My next grow will be Royal Queen Critical, you can follow along here if you like: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1327032-royal-queen-critical-grow-clones.html

I want to thank everyone who helped me along the way, and those who followed my journal.  As I said, feel free to ask questions if you like, I will be popping back in.  Peace!

Attached Files:

12. I know it's kind of an old thread but this is sweet! I'm also from MD, and recently moved to NC (LOVE your Ravens pic  :yay: ). I don't know any cool people down here yet so this is really helpful! Even though I'm not sure I have the skills/patience for all this, haha. 

13. Welcome to NC! sucks we couldn't take care of the patriots. (cheatin bastards).....as far as growing, skills you don't need right away, they will come. But patience you will need. My first grow seemed like it took forever, and I kept clipping off sample buds. Once you get that first harvest thought, it goes by a lot quicker. There's so much info and people willing to help here, you will have no problem. Good luck dude!

Hey man, they came out awesome! Sorry if I missed it, but did you ever switch the light cycle or do you leave it at 18/6 for an auto? You switched the bulb too right? Peace!