First Time Grow - 600W Hps - Easy Ryder And Rq Critical

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MD to NC, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Day: 32

Yesterday I did some light LST to EZ#1. Pretty much just tied down all the exterior branches just a little, sort of just to "open her up" so more light could penetrate to the lower areas. She looks much wider and happier now. She also has only grown 1/2" in 5 days so with today's watering, I switched her to tiger bloom. I'm still gonna use the MH for now.

EZ#2 & 3 are still happy vegging out. They are 14.5" tall now, still focusing most of their time getting taller instead of making buds like #1 has done. 

I ordered some cloning gel and rockwool cubes that should be here tuesday. I will be cutting Critical up to make some clones, probably 6. I'll probably just keep the best 3 and roll with those for my next grow.

I will return in a few days with updated pics.  :smoke:

2. Just a quick pic update. Nothing new really. Just had to raise EZ#1 up a bit to match the other 3 that have outgrown her in height. She continues to fatten up those buds which are looking tasty.

No smell from her at all, but a little from the others. Except for when I was handling her during the LST. I got some of her sticky love juice on my finger that smelled amazing, and she let off a nice skunky smell the rest of the day. Guess it was her way of thanking me for opening her up to more light.

The close ups are of EZ#1's main cola (Day 33). Will be back in a few, peace,

Attached Files:

3. thanks dude!

4. So am I to understand you used no nutes in veg?

Sent from my QMV7A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. My bad I missed where you said you gave them grow big. I probly would have started it sooner, or pissed in my water jugs. But they look good bro.

Sent from my QMV7A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. im using ffof which has alot already in it. I probably could have went longer before using nutes, but I got bored. Actually burned one of them a little @ 1/4 strength. So next time ill just let the girls tell me when they want em.

7. Well the HPS is way hotter than the MH. Raised my temps up 10. I had to move my lights all the way up, and turn my exhaust full blast to combat this. Also the HPS puts off a really yellow color, makes it hard to judge the color of the leaves and makes them look yellow as well. On the other hand, it seems to put off alot more light than the MH and penetrate deeper which is good. Be back soon when something happens. Peace.

8. What I do is put them behind a fan so it circulates the cold water. Another idea I've been toying with is getting a water reservoir of some description, a water pump and some tubing, then you could put ice in the reservoir and have a liquid cooling system. Just an idea tho

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315929-Techead's-Indoor-Newbie-Grow-Journal
    Cold air I mean, lol how would a fan circulate cold water?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315929-Techead's-Indoor-Newbie-Grow-Journal

9. thanks dude, im gonna try that tomorrow.

10. #74 MD to NC, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Day 40

EZ#1 continues to put on weight and is pretty much staying at 14" tall. Not sure why she's so short and more mature compared to EZ#2 since they were planted the same day and have had the some conditions. She will definitely finish first. EZ#2 and #3 have grown about 6" since last week, but have slowed down as of the last few days. They are both about 23". All 3 are getting tiger bloom now @ 1/2 strength. Here's a few pics, but the color is shitty because of the HPS. Next time I will take pics while they are out of that light. Thanks for stopping by!

Attached Files:

11. Day 50:

Whats up guys, here's a quick pic update on day 50. Few more weeks to go!  

For the past week or so all of the girls have been sort of a lime green color on all the leaves. (check the pics)  Come to think of it, I think it happened when I made to switch to HPS.   Temps got up to 90, so I had to dim it to 75% which got it back to 80-ish. I thought it was N deficiency, but when I upped the dose, nothing changed. Then I thought maybe it was a ph issue, maybe a lockout so I bought a digital ph meter to replace that liquid shit. Nope, ph was good to go and runoff was solid, so no salt buildup or whatever.  I just can't seem to find anything online as to why they would be so light green all over. Strain related? Only other thing I thought was maybe they got root bound in the 2 gal pots.  

I've been giving EZ#1 strictly flower nutes @ full strength now. EZ#2 & 3 have been transitioning into flower nutes. Recently they've been getting 1/4 strength veg and 3/4 strength flower. 

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions I'm definitely open to them. Peace!

Attached Files:

12. Thanks dude, yea I hit em hard with some nutes with today's watering.