First Time Grow - 600W Hps - Easy Ryder And Rq Critical

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MD to NC, Jul 15, 2014.

1. The dark period won't start it flowering don't trip. The dark period is actually helping them stretch and get more node space. They look good, you want the light close as possible because lumens and distance are inversely proportional so less distance means more lumens = more bud.

2. #42 narcotix47, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
    looks good man, cant wait to see how your plants turn out. Wish I could win some cash like that to upgrade from my setup.

Also how do you change your thread title I looked around and couldn't find it either.

3. Just shoot a message to one of the moderators asking them to change it for you. Stylez hooked me up.

4. I think I will switch my MH bulb to HPS tomorrow since ER #1 is showing pistils. I've read a few auto grows where HPS was used the whole time with great results, so I don't think this will hurt. Anybody think this is a bad idea?

5. Na put in the flower bulb I have a 40w flower bulb on one side of my plant and a 23w Veg spec cfl on the other and the plant is reaching for the 23w but they want Vegas spec now it does matter

6. It's not that using the HPS bulb early is bad idea, it's just not as good as using the MH bulb in veg. Blue light activates different chlorophyll processes and as a result will have "better" vegetative growth. Red light will activate processes that will be better suited towards providing for flowering. But whichever is giving you more lumens is your best bet.

7. I am having the same issue my plant flowered at only 2 weeks stop in and check her out

8. EZ#2 showing first pistils today. She is 17 days old, which is 2 days later then EZ#1 showed hers. I Decided to keep them under the MH for now. I think when I water them today I will introduce EZ#1 to some grow big @ 1/4 strength.She is 19 days old now. If anyone disagrees with this, please let me know. I will update later with pics.Thanks

9. I can't speak for soil but I would definitely give them some nutes if they were in DWC at this stage.

10. #52 MD to NC, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
    EZ#1's cotys are yellow and about to fall off. She turns 3 weeks tomorrow. I decided it was time to introduce grow big @ 1/4 strength. EZ#2 isn't far behind, but she smells way skunkier than her older sister. Both showing pistils. EZ#3 and Critical are doing their thing. Slight canoeing on EZ#3, Been like that for a few days now. Temps are good, moved her out of the fan, rotated spots, and flushed her. Don't know what else to do for her, but she looks good otherwise. Feel free to comment. Here's a few pics...
    EZ#1 top--> IMAG0526.jpg EZ#1 side--> IMAG0527.jpg          EZ#2--> IMAG0529.jpg         IMAG0528.jpg <--EZ#3 IMAG0530.jpg <--Critical IMAG0531.jpg

11. It cool to see someone growing the same critical at almost the same stage of growth. Looking good! subbed 

12. Yesterday I gave EZ#2 her first dose of nutes. EZ#1 and 2 both seem to be taking it well at 1/4 strength. #3 and critical will need another week or so before they need any. The bottom set of leaves are dying on EZ#2. From what I read this is a normal process and is just the plant shedding those first leaves.(someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

EZ#1 and 2 are growing about 1/2" a day. Bud sites everywhere. Light skunky smell. I ordered my carbon filter today, seems I may need it soon.

I will update in a few days with pics. Peace.

13. Day 28:

All the girls are showing hairs now. The younger ones have caught up to the older ones as far as height. About 12" tall across the board. Growing about an inch/day. Very bushy in there now. I think Critical will be the biggest one. At tomorrows watering I will start the others on  1/4 strength of grow big. I will continue veg nutes until upward growth slows down, then switch to tiger bloom and pop in the HPS. Crazy how fast they grow now. Got me a jewelers loupe. Will be back with another update soon with better pics.

Attached Files:

14. Well I have a problem(or a blessing in disguise) The Critical may not be an auto, but a photo. It was a freebie from herbies, and I assumed it was an autofem, but turns out to be just a regular fem. I thought I saw hairs like the EZ's, but at a closer glance they are not. So I've decided to dive into the world of cloning. I'm going to take some cuttings from her and start probably 6 clones in rockwool cubes. Then veg them with the autos. This will no doubt save me $$ on seeds for my next grow, which I wanted to do photos anyway. 

I will continue this journal for the 3 easy ryders, and probably start a new one for the Critical clones. Peace.

15. looking good man their really bushy! come check out my grow its in journals im growing purple haze its my first grow

"The pharmacuetical industry doesnt create cures, they create customers"