A 1000 watt SCRoG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by The Letter 3, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Being fairly new to growing, I should have thought about this too.  I didn't.  The clones I took off the old Blackwater OG round I did ass backwards.  I took them off the slower starters because I wanted the faster ones to keep everything they had for a fatter harvest.  I am disappointed in my crazy slow clones this round.  They were revegged to, but I didn't expect 2 month old clones only getting to 18 to 24 inches today. 

Live and learn, I suppose.  But now my next BIG harvest aint gonna be till early March.  I need to learn to cycle my plants better.  And not sell/trade off my good clones because of being a few dollars short on the electrical bill.  One thing I did for this round is put credit on  my electrical.  No worries.

2. #1342 The Letter 3, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    My buddy has been on my case to take cuts n clones for him. Kinda irritated about it.

It's like saying here... You take all the risk and ill reap all the reward.

I did it for him last summer. Gave him 20 clones and 2 big ass fully vegged plants to run outside.

Half of them died in his care. Half of what made it completely bud rotted out. What was left got jacked by scumbags.

All that work and effort for 0 return. Lol.

3. Yeah, some people just take advantage and don't think of anyway to give back.  The most important way for him to pay you back woulda been to see that those plants made it to a good harvest.  Who cares if you got much, but just knowing your clones lived on and succeeded would have been enough in my mind.  I made a lot of friends last round.  I got lucky too.  Good people.

4. Seriously the whole point of helping him out was so he'd be set all winter.

It's just funny. The worst part of all of it he has no concept of rationing. I gave him a qp and a boat load of qwiso.

It's all gone lol. I'm talking in 2 weeks. I don't care what he does with it but its not right that I have to feel bad for holding out now.

Mj keeps my house peaceful and functioning. I can't f with that lol.

I set him up with lights, nutes, pumps, buckets, net pots, and meters. Do you think they are in use? Hell no. Lol.

3 weeks ago I set myself up with a bag for every week of flower till harvest. Each bag is about 5 grams. Some more some less.

My wife and I just finished the first bag. That's 2 people making a 5g bag work likes its the last one on earth.

Lol.

No concept of rationing at all. Sorry for the rant...dinner is cooking and I'm freaking starving. I get angry when I'm hungry.

Thanks for listening!

5. You did too much.  Some people are fu%^ed off.  If I were you, I wouldn't JUST cut him off, I'd stop communicating with him 100%.  This person seems like the type that would do you dirty 1st chance he got.  Just catching this vibe.  I apologize if I am out of place making this judgment.  I don't know him or you.  What you are describing is behavior I've experienced from people in the past that did no good. 

Be careful bud. 

6. WOW!  That was my 500th post.  And a good one, I hope.

7. Day 32!

Attached Files:

8. Dang, I wanna do dwc.  Soon enough.  How long of a veg?  My 6x4 looked that thick but I had 6 plants.  I am close to clueless about hydro in terms of when and why to add nutes and how much air to pump. 

When I do it I'm thinking a 2x2 system that I'd like to build myself to save money.  I don't really understand the reservoir or how to set-up the recirculation or if it's even needed.  I need to do a lot of research before I make the attempt... maybe I am over-complicating it...

LOL... point is... That girl is beautiful!

9. Well if ya start up a hydro project I'd be happy to help any way I can.

It's pretty straight forward and less is more holds true for dwc.

10. Took a bunch of photos...

Attached Files:

11. #1351 The Letter 3, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    Here's the last run just before chop. I'm excited to see how she finishes.

1414196323704.jpg

12. I bet you a gram, hell make it a quarter, that you end up with over a elbow n a half. Killing that scrog man.

What's next on your list to run?

13. #1353 The Letter 3, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Hell yeah 👊

First up will be the white widow.

She's turning into a beast. I'll be mixing a sprayer tomorrow with some azamax. Gonna spray the hell out of it.
    I don't see any pests but prevention never hurts.

So she's at the height of my screen and slightly taller in some spots.
    To keep her in check I'll be mixing some lst with super cropping.

The first 2 pics are some before shots.
    The third pic is an up close shot of the main stems top before adjusting the tie down.

The last pics are after moving the string.

So I realized something today and its got me feeling pretty darn good.

The strawberry cough was only in veg for 12 weeks while the flower tent was occupied.

Once she was under the screen it was only 17 days to fill it!

This plant is doing wonders compared to the last run.

At this time just about 4 weeks in she came down with a huge def.

Anyhow I'm doing the same thing to this white widow that I did to the current sc. I hope to have similar results.

After this it'll be the train wreck.

Attached Files:

14. Day 33

Added back some plain ro water to maintain the water line.

1419224179807.jpg
    1419224230891.jpg
    1419224244278.jpg

15. Send me some buds when done :yummy:

Chef.

16. Chef 👊

Just realized the other day I've been active on GC for over a year now.

17. Day 34

Attached Files:

18. Trichomes as far as the eye can see    

19. Had to go and buy myself a bottle of the DM Zone after seeing results here
    will post my own results using it
    Does it affect pH when you add it in the mixture?

20. I haven't seen it affect it.