A 1000 watt SCRoG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by The Letter 3, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Looking good man, I want to scrog my next round, so maybe at the end of August you can come by and coach me up.

2. I resorted to stealing @[member="GoldGrower"] s ideas

1000 watt Scrog Journal

3. What causes pH levels to swing downwards? If I pH to 5.6 it'll be down .2 by the next light cycle.

Ppms are relatively stable at 1000. Added a little water back to the res to raise my pH from 5.2 to 5.6

1405797334402.jpg
    1405797352962.jpg
    1405797372905.jpg

The root mass is getting bigger. I wish the top would pick up the pace.

4. You know that makes a lot of sense. Probably directly related to the slight increase in ppms I've been seeing the past 2 days.

I had it at 1010. Next check it was 1020. Today it was at 1030.

I wonder if the plain water I added back will have diluted the solution enough.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

5. That exactly what seems to be going on... I agree :)

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

6. How much waters In ur res? I find with my 30 gallons of soup diluting it will only make the Ppms go down so much.. And at a certain point you'll have no idea what ratio of nutrients are left in there...

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

7. Its holding approximately 25 gallons of soup.

I'll check its ppms here in a few.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

8. #49 The Letter 3, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
    Ppms are currently at 993.

My tap is 180.

For what its worth I do see some yellowing of tips on the very bottom of the plant.

Considering scooping some out and replacing with fresh water.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

9. I know my Rez is a pain to change.. Try to exchange some water.. If u see any signs that it's to strong again replenish that whole thing asap .. And clean completely if needed.

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

10. Day by day is your ppm figure rising or falling?

11. It has been raising by 10 when I check the res. I diluted it a little yesterday and will check again later today to see what's happening.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

12. If it's rising it's too strong. But as for the PH, all the nutrients in the solution have their own specific PH value. All these combined and you get an average, this is your nutrient solution's PH. When the plant uses up more of one nutrient and less of another the average PH value then shifts.

If it's dropping then I would adjust it to 6.5 and let it drop to 5.5 before adjusting again

CHecked the res today and it was at 994. So it is raising slowly. Ill be removing some and adding a bit more distilled water to the res in a bit.

14. #56 The Letter 3, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    Picdate

Spread her out some and am trying redirect some branches.

They were all tangled up and what not.

Attached Files:

15. Picked up a new pH pen as well. Just finished calibrating it.

This one has instructions to keep the probe stored in water and to not let it dry out.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

Attached Files:

16. Raised the res pH to 5.8 from 5.2
    Diluted ppms from 994 to 883.

Will see what it does in the next 24 hours.

17. You could raise it to 6 or even 6.5 then you may not have to adjust so often 

18. Hey I got the same pH tester! I like it a lot thus far, easy to calibrate and all that.