A 1000 watt SCRoG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by The Letter 3, Jul 15, 2014.

1. It's best to dissolve the MaxiGrow in hot water then add it(if you aren't already doing that).

2. Got some photos through a polarized lens.

1405615172036.jpg
    1405615183827.jpg
    1405615202679.jpg

I think she's adjusted well to the different light spectrum. I'd like to pick up one of those super eye hortilux bulbs. 180$ for it seems like a lot though!

3. I have never heard of that bulb. What makes it so special? 

4. You could buy a lot of SunMasters (£18 each) for that so I don't think longevity matters much 

5. Those hps bulbs are heatless .. That's why there amazing. Lol
    But on amazon there only 60$ not 180$. In case you do wanna get some.
    Anyways looking good n subbed!! My screens filling up too :D

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

6. *edit
    54$ for 1000w don't pay 180 whatever you do !!!

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

7. Its basically a HPs and a mh wrapped into 1 big ass bulb.
    Its the quintessential single bulb for the entire grow.

8. #29 GoldGrower, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014

Oh I know the type. They give out less total lumens per wattage though due to the metal halide part so although you can get away with buying just the one bulb, I think you would be better off with one of each.

My last grow I had an HPS on the left and a metal halide on the right and after a week growth was noticeabley less under the MH. It could have been a coincidence of course, but I didn't want to take any chances and changed the MH for another HPS.

The bulbs I really like are "long life lamp company's" superlight bulbs. They are much whiter than normal HPS lamps. I can't get hold of them any more though. I recently bought a SunMaster bulb because it said it was duel spectrum but it's just as yellow as any other HPS 

9. Ultra sun bulbs are 2000k the same as regular HPS. Do they look different? 

I have a 250w long life company bulb and its much whiter than regular HPS. But I can't get hold of a 600w one. I think the company may have stopped making them. 

I keep seeing bulbs with "duel" and "full" spectrum stamped on them but I'm not convinced they are any different from regular HPS bulbs

I dunno, all I'm saying is that they say their bulbs are 2000Kelvin and that's the same as normal HPS. I have a duel spectrum running now and it's yellow as shit. I'm sceptical, but not stating that there is anything wrong with their bulbs

11. Working better than other bulbs is all you really need to know really

12. Just a quick update.

Roots are looking amazing! They are bright bright white again throughout.

1405709162168.jpg
    1405709182442.jpg

Looks spot on mate 

14. #38 The Letter 3, Jul 18, 2014
    Im curious. On the next go around is all the super cropping unnecessary? I would think a couple toppings would suffice. Basically getting a couple main stalks to work with rather than a ton of horizontal branches and low shoots.

Would you recommend removing the lower branches? Would it help the higher portions of the plant grow out? It might make spacing the screen out easier in the long run.

Thoughts?

1000 watt Scrog Journal

15. #39 The Letter 3, Jul 18, 2014
    Some lower shots

Would tying them upwards be an option? Lol

Attached Files:

16. #40 GoldGrower, Jul 18, 2014

I don't supercrop, I just top a few times and let the screen do the rest of the work.

At about 3 weeks of 12/12 I cut off all the lower branches that haven't reached the screen. Plus all the new growing tips, but try and leave as many leaves as I can.

If I don't remove the lower growth it fills up with tiny buds, and growing shoots and buds compete for the plant's resources that I would prefer go to the top of the canopy

Also, tiny buds are a nightmare to trim so I end up making hash out of them, which isn't all bad lol