Purple Buds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by PhilthyPhil, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Bout time to order more seeds, looking for some true purp bud, I'm talking the whole plant turns purp genetic wise. Suggestions? I got uw purp, purp kush and some Hindu Kush that all just grow lil bits of purp.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. cool to cold temperatures as the plant matures is what makes for good "purp"

3. I'm aware of that dude that wasn't what I was asking, I'm talking genetic purple, I got plants that purp up in 75 degree temps so it's not the temps.

4. All he means is if you had dropped the temps lower at the end of flower those partially purple plants would have been ALOT more purple. If 75 is the lowest night time temp you can manage you may have a difficult time getting that full purple you're looking for.

Basically he's saying that gene expression is both genetically and environmentally dependant.

There are some really purple strains out there that will purple fully under your circumstances but they will be hard to find. Your best bet is from a cutting you know will purple up for you but if your going from seed it will be much more difficult and take lots of trial and error. You may ha e to buy a few 10 packs of purple varieties and find the pheno that will purple the way you want and clone from there. It can really come down to the luck of the draw!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

5. My lights on temps are 75 lights out bout 65, I'll try and see if I can find a cutting in town , or else order a bunch of seeds and go from there.

6. #6 snoopdog6502, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014

Dark devil. very purple.
    View attachment 1452351

View attachment 1453824

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice snoop, I'll scope em out on attitude

8. I live in New England. Wait till December. Most purpliest buds you'll ever darn see I reckon.

9. does the color get you more stoned?female seeds,purple maroc is tasty but only purplish and outdoor strain. try seedfinder's strain guide ,they have ratings by various growers.i remember when i wanted purple buds the first time,but that was over 30 years ago!

10. #10 AugustWest, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1