Quartz, Ceramic, Or Glass Nail?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by themaidenslayer, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Okay so I have a domeless ceramic now right now and its starting to get a few cracks in it so I'm looking for an upgrade. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind (brand, material, dome vs domeless etc) i should get? Thanks!

2. Hi, I would recommend a metal nail and hooded dome actually, one can rip more dabbs actually without reheating the nail as many have found.

3. #3 dabKling, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    domeless quartz female all day son.  they only break when u drop em in the sink.  no danger of overheating like Ti. 

~$12-18 and you aren't sacrificing anything.  (performance, taste, your health)

for the price you can afford to keep an extra around in case the unthinkable happens and its still significantly cheap.

Don't bother with glass it should not even be sold as an option considering how cheap and awesome quartz is.

4. Metal nail??? Plz tell.Me you just have no idea of lingo and meant TI (always make sure its T2 and not some cheap nasty piece of RANDOM metal) and a hooded dome... Just called a dome no hooded required..I hope that helps you with further discussion on BHO related topics its almost like if someone called a bong one of those water thingys how can you give anyone advice when you don't know the proper term to send them in the right direction.. Also to OP quartz all day friend and Joel Halen honey holes are where it's at.. Quartz Castles are good but not a honey hole and TI IMO is like smoking flower out a metal pipe ruins the flavor...but to each is own.. Also you want a DOMELESS tho to my knowledge 90% of quartz nails are just that at least ones I see readily on the market

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 Deleted member 830888, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    So I take it the quartz nails I've bought were just garbage.  As the ones from my local record store/pipe shop literally break after a week of regular use.
    I just bought an $8 domeless ceramic from Ebay.  I can't afford $50-$100 nails so here's hoping this cheap piece doesn't break in a week too.

And honestly, for $8 and free shipping I won't be mad if it does.  Though I do hope for some degree of performance.

Maybe two weeks will do me.  lol

6. lmao itys funny how he talks like he knows shit but he doesnt even know metal vs Ti

oh god ur retarded

7. Ceramic is great extremely cheap on ebay and has yet to break on me in the month+ I've had them.

8. #8 steadyglobbin, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    Its all personal preference. I like ti (when its real and properly seasoned) so if you have the money id go for HE, they have never let me down. Also if you get an Infinity nail (HE domeless), you can replace the heads when needed. If you dont have a lot of money dont buy a cheap ti nail just cause the site tells you its gr2.

He is referring to Highly Educated by the way in case any noobs don't know what he's talking about.

10. I just recently bought an all glass nail and rig set up for pretty cheap, it cost me about £30 but could easily get it all for cheaper online, the glass nail works pretty well with the budder i used, see this video for the rig and bong i used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y62-qY1Kd3U

11. Try doing lower temp dabs and carbing your dome.

12. low temp or no temp!

13. #13 The Tech Savvy Stoner, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
    Ttitanum dabber heads they require a preheat from a torch but you can just dab away without putting constant heat on them.. aslo dont buy from china they give offf shitty byproducts that can kill you[​IMG]here is the website there is a link for the site call http://www.thedabstore.com

14. But you dont care about making a bong out of plastic and smoking your product off tin foil......Jesus fucking christ.
    You go back on the stuff you say so much....

Chef.

15. You know that!

Chef.

16. #16 DankmasterFlash, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
     An Infiniti nail from Highly Educated is $135 - $150. Go for it. Or you can buy their DualiTi  nail for around $65 - $70.