Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Much Weed Do You Through In A Year

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GrandpaJonRedSox, Jul 15, 2014.

1. I don't see why. I know a couple shops that have better prices than that. Good luck anyways.

2. It is against the grasscity rules to tell others where they can hook up weed. It doesn't matter that the shops are legal in Colorado helping people hook up bud is not allowed on this site.

3. How is mids $30 a gram? In Colorado??!!?

4. I thought rec weed was taxed up the ass in colorado. I know it is in Washington.

5. #25 thewarden, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    well when I'm smoking bud, I smoke about an 8th a week normally. 182 grams, or about 6.5 ounces. would cost something on the order of  $1800 ,if  I'm buying 8ths for about $35 from the store. expensive as hell considering I could get close to a pound for that price if I just bought weight, but it's pretty nice getting to try at least 52 different strains. 

if I am not blazing (which lately, I'm not) I'll be dabbing. I dab a gram of high quality concentrate every 7-10 days probably. costs me $40-50 for a gram. so I probably smoke something like 45-55 grams of concentrate per year. at about $40-50/g that's $2000/ for the year. a bit more expensive than bud, at least for the high quality stuff. trim run and low grade runs a lot cheaper, generally. about to be picking up 2g's $30/g stuff from the dispensary today, it's definitely trim run but I'm still pretty impressed with the quality. 

6. Average about 2 grams a day .. soo that's like 26 oz a year, assuming that number doesn't continue increasing. 

7. I got an oz about a month back from a shop in boulder that was top shelf and I only paid 210 after taxes. I know some places are more expensive, and obviously if you have your med card (no longer recreational, I'm aware) it's still as cheap as it was.

I already figured this out about a week ago when it happened, thanks anyways.

8. That was not top shelf......

9. #29 lessthanjeezy, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Hes exaggerating...The most I paid for a G of legal cannabis in Colorado which was the best they had at this dispensary was like 23/G after taxes...Yes still expensive especially since the legal sales have not been going on for long at all, but definitely not that expensive for mids.

For the topic, I would say roughly 12 ounces to a pound a year.

10. That's crazy....... Here in Ann Arbor one dispensary sells sour diesel $12 a gram. I get from my neighbors caregiver he gets the FRESH stuff.

11. This is exactly why I am a Libertarian and always will be. Back in Iowa where marijuana is highly illegal you can easily buy an Oz of top grade outdoor as good as anything you can get here in California on the street or in a dispensary for $100 an Oz. In a dispensary high grade marijuana like that costs between $300-$400 an Oz. on the street you can buy it for $150-200 an Oz. $23 a gram in Colorado? That is insane. I used to go to on ski trips to Colorado about 10 years ago and though marijuana was not legal for recreational use it sure seemed that way it was so easy to find at ski resorts it was crazy and you could get high grade weed for about $100 an Oz. The government shouldn't have its hand in the cookie jar. Weed should be sold tax free as a vegetable. The only age restricted vegetable, but it really has more in common with parsley than beer and should be sold like parsley.

12. I have no clue. At least a pound and that's just low balling. I re up about 2 maybe 3 times a week and I don't buy anything under a quarter.

Stonerrr

13. Half oz a week= 14 grams

14*52=728

728/28=26

So about a pound and 10 oz.

Not including concentrates.

14. Depends on what I have access to. On average, if I'm not dry or trying to conserve, I'll smoke a half g to a G per day. Usually a bowl every few hours. Over the course of a year... Maybe, eh, 2 pounds?

15. I've got no fucking clue.

At least 1 gram/day = 1 Lb. At least/year.

16. 2-3 ounces tops.

17. Colorado's my state as well. Happy random-weather-change smoking bro

18. LMAO I must have been baked off my ass when i posted that. I live in california LMAO!!!!

19. Damn let me get some of what you were smoking that day, haha. :smoking:

20. Well, I used to go through a quarter per week. They were fat quarters, too, probably closer to 8 or 8.5 grams. 

If you figure there are around 52 weeks per year, that's 416 grams, which translates into around 15 ounces. 

So, given the math, I was probably going through about a pound per year. This is mostly estimated, because it's not like you can keep a perfect track record. I would say it's probably pretty close. Maybe a pound and an ounce or two to be more precise. 

However, in my current situation, I go through probably around a half an 8th every week. That's what, 1.7 grams or so, rounded out? 

After doing the math again, that's a little over 3 ounces a year. That means i've cut out more than half of my old marijuana consumption. Although financially I am glad I have cut back tremendously, I certainly wish I could go back to the days of being cooked 24/7, 365.