Concentrates

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Docthal, Jul 14, 2014.

1. looking to buy a rig and some concentrates but don't know where to start.  Could somebody give me a quick rundown of what i need to get and what i should know? not looking for more than a paragraph of explination

2. Make sure you have a rig to smoke it or put it on a bowl. Buy shatter if you can but any kind of wax is good

3. With concentrates, you can sprinkle it on top of a bowl of bud just like you would with kief. It definitely gets you more baked than usual, although you will get much higher if you buy a rig. I don't own one personally, because I really like bud and if my dealer has oil/wax/shatter then I just put it on top of my bowl. It's not so important to me that I have to buy a rig just for it. Idk my opinion, my friend has a rig and it's fun, but to me it's more novelty. Sorry to all you rig owners!

4. It's important that you have a rig. Don't listen to this guy ^

If you can't find bho you can make your own or make QWISO for a cheaper less dangerous method but it yields smaller. 

5. ill be able to get whatever i need, just starting from scratch so i need to know where to start.  What kind of rig should i look for that will do its job without costing 100 dollars?

6. Wow nobody has really answered him yet?? Here I'll make a little 'shopping list' for you.

1. Make sure to get a nail with the rig, titanium is the most popular one around and they vary a lot in price and quality so you can shop around for the best one if you want, I wouldn't get a glass nail since you say money isn't really an issue.

2. A torch. If you want a torch that will last you pretty much forever just get a propane torch. They're like 4-5 dollars at grocery stores, you have to buy a nozzle for it. Mine was like 12 dollars but you can get a self igniting nozzle so you don't have to spark the torch to light it. You could get one of those creme bruleet torches(idk how its spelled) but the fuel runs out pretty fast so I think its just better to go with the larger cheaper propane one. 

3. Buy a nice dabber, they're not too expensive. Don't be using a paperclip or something to dab, use a legit dabber so you don't inhale toxins from the metal in paperclips and such.

4. There is oil, wax, shatter, bubble hash, etc. Try to find shatter if you can, it's just the bees knees.

• Like Like x 2
  7. If you've only smoked flower, I would hold off on dabbing. I would suggest some nice bubble hash, or full melt. Smoke it on a bowl, or buy some screens. Dabs are pretty powerful, even for long time users.

Set Yourself Free

8. #8 Old School Smoker, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I buy a gram of bubble hash and mix it in with my bud in a pipe....mmmm mmm good!

EDIT: This is my 10 thousandth post!!! I am a moderator now (in my head).

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lol congratulations on exactly 10,000 posts! But yeah I love taking bubble hash and letting it soak in iso and evaporating it into oil. Great use of bubble hash.

10. ok thanks for the rundown guys

11. It's going to cost you about $150-$300 depending on what you purchase. But it's not just the rig as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. Not really going to happen unless you looking for some cheap china glass.

The nails alone cost any where from $40-175, you also need a blow torch which can be $20-80, so at best your already spending $60. A rig for $40? Probably not going to happen.

Now if you have to skimp on something if say skimp on the glass for now and get something small with little diffusion. Get a good quality nail! I recommend HE. And the blow torch can be cheap too. I got the big shot because I don't like holding down a button while I hear the nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. #13 Docthal, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    damn i hate when stuff's expensive.  40$ min for a nail??

I have a $20 cheapo oil pipe/vaporiser. 

View attachment 1495643

fucks me up without all that extra shit, I will get a real class rig though someday. Ill machine my own TI nail, fuck those prices.

15. #15 dabKling, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    quartz nails are 12-18 bucks and the best place to start.  you want one with a female fitting to go on the male joint of your rig, get domeless.

get a small rig, it will have a joint of 10, 14 or 18mm, the nail will need to correspond.  don't get fancy diffusion, it robs flavor.

cheapest torch: benzomatic propane.

16. Well no, for some reason I assumed you wanted a TI nail lol. You can get cheap quartz nails but they take longer to heat if you want to do it properly. Otherwise the night crack. Same with ceramic.

Do you have access to concentrates? I can't tell from the info you gave but if not then a rig would be the last thing you need Lolol :)

17. yes i can get concentrates, you got to start somewhere and thats all im trying to do.  This advice is really helpfull.

18. have you cracked a quartz nail?

19. I cracked a glass nail on account of not knowing how to heat it properly.

Same principals apply. Quarts just has to be heated slowly as apposed to TI where you could, but I wouldn't recommend it, heat it with the hottest part of the flame for 7 secs and be ready to go.

You should be cautious with how you heat TI too. The diff is like 20-30secs with TI and 1-1.1mins with quarts. TI will last you longer but quartz has a lower thermal conductivity level. It's all a matter of preference really.

A good starter would be the flux from HE in a small 14mm rig. And also a cheap quarts nail on eBay to see what you like. Then I can give you more recommendations.

20. IMHO, Domeless is the way to go!

Infiniti nail by Highly Educated is super legit but don't buy that till your sure you want TI.

$$$