Raised By Aloe

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by alowanna, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Yeah bud it's always good to experiment. Worst comes to worst yank that bitch and use it in an ACT :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I had piled a little dirt up the stem and it has roots growing up the stem now. I bet it the syliac (spelling?) acid that im hearing about helping the rooting. Im pretty sure this will be easy to clone since ive seen a lot of threads about using aloe for cloning. Ill just use a leaf from the same aloe since both of the plants already know each other lol

3. #23 alowanna, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Here

Attached Files:

4. Sister plant to the aloe one. Started at the same time, same watering and same sun

Attached Files:

5. How big is your pot?

6. its small im going to put them in a bigger pot eventually

7. Good... make sure you add a little extra to account for the aloe plant so like if you had planned on doing the weed in 5 gal go at least 7 gal or more. I don't think aloe has deep roots so I think it has a good chance of working out for you. If you are going to keep them outside I would get a Root Pouch or Smart Pot to plant them in. Helps with better root structure and also keeps the temp swings to a minimum.

8. #28 alowanna, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Ya gotta admit, the size difference is great. But the little one was born with a purple stem and the undersides of the round leaves are purple too. I would have been worried about the color but its the way it came out of the seed so im assuming its genetic. And i think the purple is creeping into the veins of the leaves

9. That can be strain related or some sort of deficiency... I always wait for some sort of definite sign before I start trying to fix something. Most of the time when you start trying to fix things you create a bunch of other problems. Like if my whole plant turned yellow in a couple days  or something maybe i would be worried but as long as the leaves are perky and green and she is growing I don't sweat the little stuff.

10. Hey johnny can you help with my other topic i posted?

11. Update on my baby. I cut the aloe down to a stump. I didnt bother trying to seperate the roots. I burried her up to the cotyledons when i transplanted. Then i started lst. First i bent her out for about a week till i saw new growth then bent her back in for the bonsai. Still watering with the leaves i harvested from the aloe

Attached Files:

12. Update on this plant. She hasnt had the aloe with her for a ehile but i think it gave her a good head start. She is kinda bonsai style with a good,even canopy of branches. The branches are kinda like a rib cage lol. Using a 2500k cfl and a 6500k cfl (red and blue light spectrum). I recently topped the side branches but not the leading head (i dont quite call it a main top beacause i keep it lower than the canopy)

Attached Files: