Addiction And Low Life Quality

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Tirehu, Jul 14, 2014.

1. I have been using smartphone since i were 14 years old. I am 21 now. I have really never been good with women. Simce i have only gotten laid through the internet.

I have come to the conclusion that i should sell my iphone, ipad and computer i order to get rid of this addiction. And purchase a phonr without internet. Is this something i should do?

I need a computer to apply for jobs. But i can go to the library..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Can't face your demons if you hide from them.. If you get rid of your phone and such, what's going to make you go out to meet women? Sounds like you need to just go out from time to time, then slowly increase the rate you go out. You're 21, hit up some bars and have a couple drinks, loosen up and have fun.

3. Have tries to face them for so long. If i sell my phone, and get a phone without internet. And sell my tv, and computer.

My brain will find other ways to cope with boredom. Like making music and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. have you got facebook or other social media sites? delete them. ive been using/building computers non stop for like 15 years. the day i deleted my social media everything changed. used my computer for positive (research, music etc), dont use my phone anywhere near as much (but i hate phones and the way everyone expects you to be on call 24/7 anyway. ill talk to people when im good and ready. plus my battery lasts more then a day now) and i only every use my tv to watch docos etc anyway. never free to air. feel 1000x better!

5. there is nothing about having a phone or computer or tv that will stop you from meeting women. your problem is purely psychological, just rid yourself of the fear of rejection, its an irrational fear really. 

6. Do what you need to to find normalcy.

When I wanted to quit smoking I gave all my smoking stuff away.....

7. #7 LuxSpiritus, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Why are you asking for life advice? Sorry i don't really like people who do this. I havn't gotten laid probably more than 10 times i'm 23. Only from like actual girlfriends. Until one night her dad came home early and it was basically like that movie where i had to jump out the window with no pants on. Now i really don't persue women. not really interested. I mean there's cool people. But i need someone with my level or insanity, or it probably wouldn't work out. I think you should just level out your time on everything. Like i work most weekdays except this week cause i took a vacation. But usually i plan what i'm going to do and for how long, so i don't waste time. If you have any helpful information on what the primary concern is. Is it like anxiety, or fear. or just lathargic. I mean it can be hard to change lifestyles, but a lot of people do it without removing the things they enjoy. Considering you don't have a job apparently. I think you should do something other than playing electronics all day. I do because i study. I study ALOT. Even though i'm a grad student.

8. No, you should not do that. You should go be social, and if that is difficult for you due to a disorder then go get help. If you go out and be social then it will just become second nature to you eventually. You can do it, you just have to try and learn, and try again.

9. What's wrong with getting laid through the internets?

10. that wont get rid of the addiction, only the trigger.

learn to live without it and you'll use it in ways you never have.

11. How do I get laid off the internet?

12. Back was MySpace was the newest fad, it was super simple.

"Hey, you're cute. Want to hang out watch a movie?"
    'Sure.'

Pretty much guaranteed laid when they say yes to hanging out and a "movie" without even talking bout anything else.

13. #13 I_Smoke_Labrador, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    Sell your phone. Get a flip phone. Live your life

Sent from my LGLS740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. LOL! It's sadly not to different compared to now.

15. What...?? What life?... You can't live life with a goddamn flip phone!

16. #16 Kimono, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    I don't think its your I-phone/ I-pad/computer that is the problem but the way in which these devices are used. It could be to your advantage to figure out ways to use these devices in ways that will be beneficial.

17. Smoke more Weed.

18. You just need some self control

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. That's really hard for some people man.

20. Lol.

Reminds me of the guy off sons of anarchy who cant stop touching himself....

Lots of things in life are hard to do but worth it.