Whats Your Go-To Music When Youre Toking

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by OsteoPherocious, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Old-school hip hop (and some newer artists like Intuition, PARKER/dumbfoundead, Watsky, anything on the Kinda Neat youtube channel) or classics like Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Grateful Dead, etc etc. I like a wide range music.

2. There's the cliched Zeppelin and Floyd which I find never gets old.
    But when I want something different, I listen to Tame Impala, Ozric Tentacles, Tool, Meshuggah, Opeth.
    Long songs with trippy instrumental jams are the best.

3. Yeah anything with a little psychedelic rock or funk in it will always get me in a good mood when im chiefing 

4. If you haven't already heard, I recommend "Super Stupid" by Funkadelic or "California Dreamin'" by Eddie Hazel.

5. Def Leppard, Van Halen and Winger...my 3 go to groups when stoned

6. In return i'll recommend "Give Life Back To Music" by Daft Punk and "Electric Feel" by MGMT. You've probably already heard them but they're two prime examples of what I was talking about 

7. I can feel some "Sugar on Me", I'd probably act a fool with that jam on haha 

8. It's hard not to act like a fool...so damn catchy!

9. Cypress Hill is chill af to listen to if u like old school rap

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Who you trying to get crazy with ese? Dont you know I'm loco?! 

I feel you on the Cypress Hill my man 

11. slightly stoopid, the velvet underground, tame impala, or lucy in the sky with daimonds by the beatles. 

12. Very mellow, I can dig it

"A car that runs on water man!"

13. My high night time playlist:
    Constellations

My high daytime playlist:
    Release

There are some songs not in there because they are local files but all of those are off soundcloud or like Datpiff mixtapes.

First playlist is just slow songs that get me feeling lifted and the second playlist are songs that get me going personally when I am high. I like to play Release to get me going while I am in the act of smoking and Constellations when I am lifted and just want to chill after I am high.

Generally though I definitely recommend Kush and OJ WIz Khaliza and prior, not this newer stuff (Some Cabin Fever is acceptable). Anything with Joey BADA$$, the kid is fire and his flow is perfect for when you are lifted. Chance the Rapper's mixtape Acid Rap is ill especially Cocoa Butter Kisses and Favorite Song. Some electronic dance music (EDM) but only like Trap because it fits well with being high; for trap I suggest the group Tropkillaz as all their shit is pretty dope for when you are high (specifically maybe Hideho, Baby Baby, Hide remix). Mac Miller is definitely better than Wiz imo and since they are both from the Burgh, they got similar style. For Mac I would suggest his mixtapes K.i.D.s, Macadelic, and his newest one Faces (all free on Datpiff as they are mixtapes and not albums). KiD CuDI is pretty good but it gets really choosy with him. I would check out Erase Me, Ashin Kusher, The Prayer, Soundtrack 2 My Life, Day n Nite, and Make Her Say. The Prayer is from his mixtape a KiD named CuDi but I'd be damned to remember the rest of all the songs' origins (Man on The Moon 1 & 2 I guess). Just What I Am is a great high song from him off his album Indicud, and his latest album is a space/high album Satellite Flight, the best songs on it are Too Bad I Have to Destroy You Now, Balmain Jeans, and Troubled Boy. Schoolboy Q has some fire songs, check out Hands on the Wheel definitely. Can't forget Kendrick Lamar with Poetic Justice, Swimming Pools, Collard Greens, ADHD, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, etc. Talib Kweli is nice as well as some Kanye (but he isn't really high music so you have to get choosy with that). RA the Ruggedman is dope and his last album Legends Never Die (I think that was it) is all fire. Biggie is practically all high music and so is Big L. Big Sean's songs Beware, Nothing is Stopping You, Fire, Guap, Supa Dupa Lemonade, etc. J. Cole's Higher, Work Out, Cheer Up, Grown Simba, Rich Niggaz, Villematic, and probably some other stuff I can't recall atm. A$AP Rocky and his album Long.Live.A$AP with Peso, Goldie, 1 Train, LvL,...well the entire album man. Nas has some fire high songs like You're Da Man and Tha Don. I can't think of any more artists off hand and getting into single songs from individual artists will take forever lol.

^A wall of text I know, but you get what you can read. It's for you not me lol.

14. Play some trap, and sit back and puff away, a lot of instrumental stuff will get you in the zone. Anybody else liking trap right now?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I listen to reggae, bands like soja, rebelution, the expendables, Groundation, mystic roots, iration, the dirty heads,

Don't mind a bit of rap if I listen to rap it's, wiz khalifa, kid ink, MGK

Also like a bit of metal, like Alice in chains, Metallica, korn, slipknot, lamb of god.

I guess I listen to a bit of everything haha

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

16. I like listening to THE WEEKND. He's the king of DARK R&B. alot of people think it's gay to listen to him but it's not, just listen to what he sings about. Getting girls on the daily and getting high

17. The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, Styx, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Boston. You know, The Classics.

I'll listen to Juicy J, Wiz, Kid Cudi and other people. But, I'm not into that killing shit just because I'm hood, pussy money drugs gangs. You can get out of the hood and not kill people. That just ain't me. Just peace and love man. 

Sometimes I'll chill to podcasts too. Like the Chong and Chong Show (Tommy Chongs podcast) or The Joe Rogan Experience. There funny and keep me entertained. 

18. #58 coraygc, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Mac miller & Wiz K & Cudi are good go-to's for me

19. I'm all about the late 60s-early 80s rock and pop shit. I like me some deadmau5 and GMS too. Rap or rnb if I'm feeling particularly gangster that day.

I get really stoned and sing petty's maryjanes last dance or maybe some rocket man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Weeknd will do it for me too man. Good shit. I personally enjoy a ton of R. Kelly haha