Best Educational Resources To Convert Old Guard Conservatives And Right Wingers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Rebel4Liberty, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Hello to all blades! I come back from time to time, but now I'm faced with a major issue I need help with. I'm in contact with someone I like a lot and connect with, who is high profile with mega yachts, private aircraft and all that stuff. (possible billionaire level) They are in Ft.Lauderdale FL (my home town), and I can tell speaking with them about cannabis, they have OLDER views and mindset. A general attitude towards 'illegal drugs' that older monied families have. They really want me to quit using my medicine when they don't understand the multi purpose-benefits I get from using it (gastro-intestinal/high anxiety) and have had too many adverse effects from pharmaceuticals psychologically and physiologically speaking, and I'm not getting high or stoned to smoke. To them its just drugs! I'm 38 now, so I did the stoned stuff back in my early and mid 20's...  Back in my hay days I was smoking a QP a month of dank ass shit...now I'm down to a little less than a gram of regs or middies a day. It's quite the change! I've literally learned my life will become jet set like with a lot of traveling and boating. Said I can't smoke on the boat and is allergic to smoke, can't stand it as being offensive smelling too. Vaporizers are an option to look at, but they are paranoid of thought of seizure with coast guard and legal consequences. I'm considering quitting as a practical issue in traveling a lot and not having to worry about how/where to get it all the time, however I'm not willing to concede to an uneducated person stuck in in a mindset that has failed and passed the times in 2014!! I must educated this person so they know it isn't all about getting high anymore. They must the know the brain is hardwired for cannabinoids is a natural neural pathway. They are uneducated to the health benefits with stigma to rhetoric. I need the best WEAPONS out there that can make them see what they know is basically propaganda of the old guard. Web sites, docs, articles etc. Anyway, thanks for suggestions and links out there.   

2. Plenty of conservatives and right wingers get high so political leaning mean nothing in the big picture. That's just painting with a brood brush.

Anyway in your case you will not teach them anything till they see someone they love at the end of their life dieing in need of medicine that does not have the debilitating side effects of narcotics.

If you want to live the ritzy life style and travel you will just have to use when you get the chance and just go without otherwise.

3. #3 Rebel4Liberty, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Well, that is why I said old guard. The new guard is leaning constitutional and ready for reform. From a propaganda perspective it does make a difference for those who are still generalizing, than differentiating with education in respects to the drug war.

I see...well that could very well be ME! Cannabis offers an equilibrium in life that no other pharmaceutical can deliver. Ya know they need to hurry up wit this shit, I'm so tired of reefer maddness mentality in 2014 even!! :eek:

4. #4 Galaxy420, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    type cannabis pharmacopoeia into google. unfortunately peoples' egos do not allow much room for natural medicine these days, it is all about the all powerful human and lab based meds from brilliancy bullshit. the cleaner the doctors office the better the meds. put a big fucking pile of dirt in that motherfucker and plant a cannabis plant!!!!  see the difference in mentality, who would want a big pile of dirt in a clean doctors office?? I would, ha ha

5. Watching the Sanjay Gupta specials (weed 1 and weed 2)  would be a great place to start. 

6. Here's a few search worthy topics off the top of my head...

NORML.org    - The entire site, especially their Library section.

The Endocannabinoid System. Hands down one of the most relevant, important aspects of our relationship to cannabis. Its evolution and ours, over the past hundreds of millions of years are intertwined - most beneficially. Search google for: "NORML.org Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System" for a great starter.

Search YouTube/Google for Dr. Bob Melamede. He has lots of great, science-based information - including a wonderful presentation on the endo-C system. Other fascinating concepts include how the cannabis' THC "high" is actually our senses rapidly increasing their sampling rate. Most beneficial!

Search google for "Cannabis patents" to get an idea of how the biotech/pharmaceuticals are locking up various applications and methods of treating disease with cannabis.

See GW Pharmaceuticals Glioma Patent. Also NIH "Cannabinoids as neuroprotectants and antioxidants"

Read them until the following is understood:
    Their research, which validated their patents, explains that cannabis and its constituents are quite possibly the most effective, natural means at mitigating/reversing OXIDATIVE STRESS / free radical damage. Then search online to see what diseases are rooted in oxidative stress - nearly all of them!

Search for properties of cannabinoids, terpenes (terpenoids), etc. There are well written profiles of many identified constituents and compounds of cannabis; with incredible therapeutic/medicinal value.

For SOCIAL understanding, search for Dr. Lester Grinspoon Mr. X Carl Sagan to get a real enlightening perspective on how some of the smartest, most successful people embrace and utilize this great plant.

Just a few off the top of my head; gotta run might add more later. Best of luck!

7. You have to earn an invitation to their mind. Without that, people almost never listen to anything that contradicts their existing convictions.

Perhaps use the questions approach: ask them a question (preferably one that doesn't start an argument or a fight), allow them to answer, and really listen to their response. Take it slow, be gentle, and allow the questions to become a discussion.

Have you seen Snowcrow's approach?

Earning someone's respect is usually a pretty good way to gain an invitation to their thoughts. Once they're willing to have an actual conversation (i.e. open mind and not lecturing you), you pretty much have to feel them out, and try not to trigger their defense mechanisms. If you do happen to trigger their defenses, they'll block you out, and you won't be able to make much progress, if any, so you'll have to wait for another chance to come later, unless you're pretty slick with the art of persuasion.

Each person is different, and will most likely require a personalized approach.

8. #8 Rebel4Liberty, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    Thanks 00Hassel, you have provided a wealth of knowledge I could come back and refer to. I appreciate everything you have provided

Clevername, you have a very logical approach and I have used some questions, however trying to explain how it helps gastro-intestinally  has been difficult for me. They don't understand I've regulated myself to an amount that keeps everything in check each day. To them it's "illegal" drugs and getting high. Just the other day a remark was made about a 20 year influence over me. The more they say "drugs" than distinguish and discern, gets me irritated at their stupidity and blindness over the issue.

I'll be frank, this rotten stinkin Govt policy in 80's had me so convinced and against all drugs, that I was scared shitless about cannabis even. They had me believing that if I even tried cannabis once that I would do coke/crack or heroin to end up dead. Those classroom presentations (whoever went to school in 80's-90's) weren't education at all. It was terroristic indoctrination, and my friends, cannabis is what broke the whole social programming. I literally saw grade schools as social programming and not educational after learning I had been lied to and taught to fear what the plant's benefits would be to me. It's not easy to wake up at 16 to realize you're made to go to school to be programmed and engineered not to be free thinking in life...you then question.. It's what else am being lied to about ? How dammed deep do the lies go past drugs ? What is this govt hiding ? Even if I quit, this person is going to have to respect I'm wide awake and I'm not going back to sleep to believe as he still does, while a medical shift is in progress with increasing momentum forward toward the day when people like this can't call cannabis an "illegal drug" again!!

9. we are all waking up in our own way and getting out of the way of ourselves. truth in the way that you know is true will awaken you to infinite possibilities. once you know your truth you will never be led astray by others having truth poured upon them only to see what they think is truth instead.