Freedom 35

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Prepper420, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #401 Prepper420, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I forget where I pulled that from, have it in my iPad notes.

Welcome to the show PineappleChunk!!

Check out my grow! LED & Organic soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

Sociological Studies by Malcolm Gladwell state that we have to do something for an average of 10,000 hours before we master it.

2. I now have it my notes. lol Ty

3. I've got more random stuff about growing if you want me to post that too? Pulled this from the Organics thread.

Organic Cloning
    I make a kelp meal tea (1/4 cup to 5 gallons of water and bubbled for a day or so) and to that I add aloe vera juice (actually powder) at 2 oz. per gallon of water. 2.5 tablespoons of BioAt Ful-Power (pure fulvic acid).
    I soak the plugs in this mix for several minutes and then squeeze the excess water. The actual cuttings have been soaking in this mix for several hours.
    Pop the clones into the plugs in a standard seedling tray with a lid and under a T5 rig.

Vermicompost friendly foods

Paper Products
    Cardboard, dryer lint, paper egg cartons, vacuum dust, tissues, napkins, paper towels, coffee filters with used grounds, tea bags, paper bags, junk mail.

Fruit:
    Melon, banana, pineapple, apple, grapes, peaches, plums, berries.

Grain-based Foods
    Breads, oatmeal, muffins, cereal, pasta, rice, pizza crust (with no toppings).
    NOTE: Use grain-based foods sparingly. Too much can cause your Sunleaves Worm Farm to overheat.

Garden Trimmings
    Dead flowers, dead disease-free plants, dried leaves gathered in the fall.
    Vegetables

Corn, broccoli, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, squash, carrots, peas, cooked potatoes, green salad (without dressing).

Sociological Studies by Malcolm Gladwell state that we have to do something for an average of 10,000 hours before we master it.

4. Vermiculture Technology: Earthworms, Organic Wastes and Environmental Management by Dr. Clive A. Edwards which address this question explicitly....
    This is from Chapter 15, Section 5, Page 246
    Conclusions on Effects of Vermicompost
    Teas on Growth & Yields
    It is clear from these research data that aqueous solutions from vermicomposts (teas) can promote the germination, growth, flowering, and yields of crops significantly and considerably. Identification of the mechanisms involved in these responses needs further research. Clearly, some of the soluble materials such as PGHs that can pass from vermicompost into the teas during the tea-brewing process and are taken up into plants must be responsible for some of the growth effects.
    Issues important in aqueous extracts from vermicomposts include the following:
    • Aeration is very important during the aqueous extract-brewing process.
    • PGHs, such as indole acetic acids, gibberellins, and cytokinins, are very soluble and can pass readily in to teas. These are produced by the extremely large populations of microorganisms in the vermicompost.
    • PGRs, such as fulvic and humic acids, can pass into the teas as fine particulate matter. During vermicomposting fulvic and humic acids are produced as the organic matter stabilizes through earthworm activity.
    The following factors can influence growth.
    • Combinations of PGHs and PGRs can pass into the teas and persist in soil longer than the separate materials. PGHs become absorbed onto the particulate humates and fulvates and are released slowly to promote plant growth throughout the season.
    • Soluble plant nutrients, particularly N (as nitrates), soluble P, K, Ca, and Mg. All of the important nutrients in vermicomposts are readily soluble and can pass easily into the teas from vermicomposts.
    • Microorganisms may continue to produce PGHs and PGRs when they reach soils as soil drenches. Hence, it is important to keep the teas aerobic and microbially active so that PGHs are still produced in the teas.
    • Soluble free enzymes may continue nutrient transformations. These promote conversions of nutrients into forms readily taken up by plants.
    I'm not going to post the entire chapter but there is an explanation about Dr. Edwards' use of the term 'aerated tea' and that is he is talking about what you and I and others would call a 'vermicompost slurry' and not an AACT where a small amount of humus is used in order to grow out microbe colonies. 
    What he is writing about is to make a slurry using 2x water and 1x vermicompost and it's important to keep that aerated until you're ready to apply. 
    This explanation is important to keep in mind when we look at thermal compost vs. vermicompost. In the thermophyllic composting process these important compounds are destroyed but when we use quality plant materials in our worm bins they remain intact which explains the research at Cornell University and other research institutions proving that maximum plant health, growth rates, etc. cannot be duplicated in any other humus. 
    Thank you for the question and I hope this cite explains the 'how & why' we want to focus on vermicompost.

5. About to start my day out right. Ultra Sour bud and I have 2 Qwiso flavors together in the jar on the left. Keif/pollen in the bottom jar. And Blue OG already ground up in the right jar.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412172447.545850.jpg

6. Damn prep you got some sweet notes in your paste bin. The plant list to attract beneficial insects is sticky worthy for sure. I plan on using that a lot in the next year to turn my backyard into an organic wonderland! Nice haul on the blue og btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Thanks man!! Just things I've read and saved.

8. youve got some damn good reading material haha. I finished reading teaming with microbes a couple weeks ago and now I'm onto this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412199364.258587.jpg idk where to find good scholarly stuff on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #412 BioMeds, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    Hey prep what kind of mold did you get hit with? Were you able to identify it? PM? Im just curious because Im worried about the same thing. There's a certain smell in my growroom and I've been told that certain strains smell musky so that makes me feel alittle better but still.

I've looked at dehumidifiers but don't want to spend $400 on one so I bought these dehumidifier pack's at Home Depot. They work extremely well. I posted it on my thread but here's another just incase you haven't seen them. They come in three packs for $7. This is a really cheap alternative.

The picture's I posted are of a used one. Usually there's most whitw crystals at the top to absorb the moisture but this one is on its last leg.

The uploader is working for me at the moment. Ill pot pics soon.

10. It was white mold on the spaces between the buds on the cola. So when all the buds start to form one big one. My humidity is normally under 40% at all times. Just left that bucket in there with an air stone and it went to 67% over night.

11. I should have taken a pic, but I was pretty upset that my top cola got mold in it. Saved the very top bud, which was a gram by itself, then had to throw out a good 7 grams in moldy bud.

12. http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/905820-gardening-books-ftw.html

^^This^^ is a good thread with TONS of great PDF's. Some of the ones in the beginning of the thread might be outdated, but the last few pages are fresh for sure. Otherwise... I've got every single one of em saved already and can upload if you want it.

If you want to find scholarly articles, go to scholar.google.com

TJ

13. #416 Prepper420, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    I put the 6 Big Bomb Auto seeds into plugs and a heat mat now. Prepared the pot with new and recycled soil mix amended more soil aerator and 2 TBSP of Neem Cake. Since they're auto's I don't want to make the soil hot. Will just use liquid nutes if needed. I received a "free" sample ($16 shipping) from Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow, Soil Bloom, Tea, and Silica Blast. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412219782.485885.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412219840.699762.jpg

14. Prepper I think you'll like those samples. Botanicare's PBP Line is what I use and I couldn't be happier. Also they are organic nutrient's so you'll still be organic. A word of advice though bro is to be careful because both people and online say it's hard to burn your plant's with it and its definitely not hard. I burned my THC Bomb twice. I was so mad at myself.

When I burned my plants I used 5ml of Bloom and 2ml of grow and no supplements. The back of the bottle suggested 20ml of bloom per gallon LMAO. I was like WTF!!!! Noway!! But yes way. I ended up never going over 5ml mid flower and still got burnt tips.

I know you know what your doing, I just thought I'd pass on information that I learned from my mistakes to maybe save you a headache.

15. Thanks for the tip BioMeds, Autos are easy to burn! Glad I just planted all my seeds, might be awhile before I deal with them again.
    If any plants look like they need a boost, I'll be using one of these Teas;

ACT Tea Recipes
    CCoot's tea
    5 gallons clear water
    1 cup alfalfa meal
    1/4 cup kelp meal
    1 TBSP blackstrap or sugar beet molasses
    Brew mix 24 hrs before use.

Guano tea recipe:
    1 Gallon of water
    1 TBSP of guano (for a flowering mix we'd use Jamaican or Indonesian Bat Guano - for a more general use fertilizer we would choose Peruvian Seabird Guano.)
    1 tsp blackstrap or sugar beet molasses
    We mix the ingredients directly into the water and allow the tea mix to brew for 24 hours.

Alfalfa Meal Tea
    4 gallons of water
    1 cup of fine ground alfalfa meal
    1 TBSP blackstrap or sugar beet molasses
    After a 24 hour brew, this 100% plant-based fertilizer is ready for application. Alfalfa is a great organic plant food, with many benefits above and beyond just the NP-K it can contribute to a soil mix or tea.

16. Also, I forgot to mention that these nutrient's are VERY acidic so try not to go over 6-7ml per gallon unless you have PH Up. This caused me major problem's man seriously and I wasn't even using much.

You should not have to worry if you have buffers in your medium.

My tap is exactly ph 7 and with 8ml of bloom added and 2ml of grow I had a ph of 4 afterwards.

Sometimes when adding liquid nutes people shake up their gallon jugs or whatever containers they have to mix the nutes better and to add extra oxygen. Well in doing so the extra oxygen can sometimes cause inaccurate readings. It helps sometimes to gently mix the nutrient's or by allowing the nutrient mix to sit out for a bit to settle and then taking the ph reading.

You prolly already know this. There are a lot of new growers that stop by though. As I am on this page it saids there are 5 people currently viewing this thread lol. Only 1 person beside myself on mine right now.

I read about shaking the nute mix in a grower's handbook. I am almost sure that everyone also knows that cold water holds more oxygen.

There are natural ways PH can vary too.

Reasons for Natural Variation
    Photosynthesis uses up hydrogen molecules, which causes the concentration of hydrogen ions to decrease and therefore the pH to increase. For this reason, pH may be higher during daylight hours and during the growing season, when photosynthesis is at a maximum. Respiration and decomposition processes lower pH. Like dissolved oxygen concentrations.

Some people also say that there is no reason to test the PH of Botanicare's PBP but bro I had SO MANY problem's until I fixed this issue so just keep this all in mind if you start using bottled nutes.

There's always someone that disagrees with me but this is from my own personal experience and research to fix the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.