Freedom 35

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Prepper420, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Stanky! I blended up all the big stuff you saw in my video and added it to my worm farm and sprinkled a little bit of everything, including a loose handful of MBG and then I cover it with SPM so it doesnt smell. And yes, I know I'm breaking all the "rules" by not dryinf egg shells or hydrating my Peat before adding to the worm farm. Veggies are mostly water and as they break down they'll release it and the peat moss absorbs it. Turning into that rich EWC you saw in the video. Also threw in the leftover Neem/Kelp tea ingredients.

Attached Files:

2. There's rules to this shit? Lol i thought it was just like veggie scraps egg shells and what not organic matter. I used some mbg in mine too lol. Starting to get great results. Shit i cut off a two foot shoot from my cucumber plant outside all organic and threw it in there full lol. Its getting to big outside for the trellis

3. I did not know about the drying egg shells. Id leave them out for a day and crush them up with a bowl and almost the exact same salt shaker your the pink salt you have. Its got a bumpie button works great to grind it all up. But im gona start using chunks i think.
    Grabbed some more gypsum at the shop for calcium since i dont have egg shells right now

4. Idk if they're rules, lol, but general guidelines, you have to look it up to go more in-depth. I bet TJ or LLB know the details.

5. The Gypsum will help more with PH balancing then providing the plant with Cal, just FYI. Reason I use a half cup of Gypsum and a full cup of OSF when mixing soil.

Gypsum - elemental calcium (Ca) and sulphur in a the form of S04 meaning that it is elemental sulphur with 4 oxygen molecules attached which is important in the CeC paradigm.

4. Oyster Shell Powder - calcium carbonate (CaCo3) - This product is not what it would appear from the name, i.e. it's not a product made from crushed oyster shells but rather it's a particular oyster shell mined from the San Francisco Bay from ancient sea deposits made up of very tiny and fragile oyster shells.

6. Made me think of this quote by Leonardo da Vinci.

“I awoke only to find that the rest of the world was still asleep.”
    ― Leonardo da Vinci, Leonardo's Notebooks

7. I was always a no rule kinda guy XD

8. Me too, lol
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438358825.740470.jpg

9. But in reality some people can not govern them self. Or lead. Witch devastation will follow

10. Hey prep nice vid updates your plants are rockin! Also really interesting about the iodized salt. Oh ya also we have the same Ash catcher and also the same reflector series mars I didn't know one of your LEDs was one of those!

I totally agree with you on growing plants we can use for essential oils I've got rosemary and lavender and mint also but I'm looking specifically for a Spanish lavender. I wonder how big your neem tree needs to get before it'll start fruiting and you can make your own neem cake! I think I remember reading somewhere on GC (probably the no till thread) that the neem tree has the same compounds throughout the plant, leaves, bark, stems etc and you can use those in place of neem cake for mulching?

I remember in one of your previous video updates you talked a little bit about harvesting your ewc but I don't think you screened it or anything. I was curious how you go about harvesting it? I vaguely remembered seeing someone on GC use 1/2" hardware mesh rolled into a cylinder and the put the vermicompost in there and rolled it around to sift it. So I got some hardware mesh the other day and I'm gonna try it today!

11. Totally agree, some people are just...trying to think of a nice way to put it, they can't govern themselves because they lack the proper training and discipline to be a responsible human being.

12. Leaving for work in a sec, so I will come back to this tonight, but I will say that the more I learn about the Neem tree, the more I really enjoy having it. Besides all the gardening aspects of Neem, I also use it in my toothpaste, use the oil on my skin for rashes or eczema. The oil is use as anointing oil in religious practices in India. Neem Tree is truly a plant for global healing, they heal the land and people. I read a tiny article on Neem trees putting out a positive vibration, really want to research that more. Lots of PDF's on it in the Organic and GiMik's sticky libraries!

Everyone have a rockin day!! Going to go drink coffee, smoke weed, and build some yurts!

13. right on I'll be waiting ;) sorry haha it was a pretty loaded post with lots of questions and stuff. I'll have to hold off on ewc harvesting until tonight haha. Wow I didn't know neem could be used in toothpaste and for rashes now i'm really wishing I wasn't allergic to neem. All the money I could save using just one product for lots of purposes! I think it can be used as a contraceptive even!

It truly is a holy plant though I'm not sure I would enjoy getting a bucket of neem oil dumped on my head. I wouldn't be surprised about the positive vibes from the tree it seems to be a truly wondrous plant id put it in the same group as cannabis for having so many positive uses and benefits.

I need to go download everything in gimiks library gosh dam

14. No worries Dingus :). This is a little info on salt.
    Refined Salt (Regular Table Salt)

The most commonly used salt is plain old table salt.

This salt is usually highly refined. It is heavily ground and most of the impurities and trace minerals are removed.

The problem with heavily ground salt is that it can clump together. For this reason, various substances called anti-caking agents are added so that it flows freely.

Food-grade table salt is almost pure sodium chloride, or 97% or higher.

Here's an important point… iodine is often added to table salt.

This was a successful public health preventative measure against iodine deficiency, which was (and still is) common in many parts of the world and a leading cause of hypothyroidism, mental retardation and various health problems (3, 4).

Therefore, if you choose not to eat regular iodine-enriched table salt, then make sure you're eating some other foods that are high in iodine, like fish, dairy, eggs and seaweed.

I personally take kelp tablets (seaweed) a few times per week because I rarely eat iodized salt. They are very high in iodine.

Bottom Line: Refined table salt is mostly just sodium chloride, with substances called anti-caking agents added in order to prevent clumping. Iodine is often added to table salt.

Himalayan Pink Salt

Himalayan salt is harvested in Pakistan.

It is mined from the Khewra Salt Mine, the second largest salt mine in the world.

Himalayan salt often contains trace amounts of iron oxide (rust), which gives it a pink color.

It does contain small amounts of calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium. It also contains slightly lower amounts of sodium than regular salt.

A lot of people prefer the flavor of himalayan salt compared to other types of salts, but personally I haven't been able to notice a difference.

The main difference seems to be the color, which can give a meal a nice look if you sprinkle it on top after it has been cooked.

15. Prep you got the salt on salt! I had no idea about any of this! I knew common table salt was mostly sodium something but no idea that it was 97%. Its neat that the pink salt has a bunch of trace elements and iron. It's like the kelp meal of salt compared to liquid seaweed extract haha. I like the pink Himalayan salt but I've never bought it I'll have to get some my next trip to the store.

16. Also works great when used with a heating source for purifying air. You can also get a big slab and use it for cooking! I love my natural store :)

17. I love it. I wrote it on a whim while at my desk at work

18. #4079 Prepper420, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438392056.599339.jpg

Neem Tree has been described in Ayurveda's prime text, the Charaka Samhita, as sarva roga nivarini (that which keeps all diseases at bay) or arishtha (reliever of disease). Its extracts have been used in the Ayurvedic tradition for thousands of years for maintaining health and overall well-being. The roots, bark, gum, leaves, fruit, seed kernels and seed oil are all used in therapeutic preparations for both internal and topical use.

1. Neem, a tree native to India, is a vital ingredient in Ayurveda. Regarded as a ‘one tree pharmacy', the Neem tree has several medicinal uses and forms an integral part of home remedies for the hair and skin.

2. Neem leaf has antifungal and antibacterial properties, making it effective in treating dandruff.

3. It also relieves dryness and itching, strengthens hair and promotes hair growth.

4. Traditionally, neem paste has been used to condition the hair and scalp.

5. It also soothes irritation, prevents dryness and flaking.

6. Neem is mentioned in most Ayurvedic formulations for the treatment of skin disorders because of its detoxifying properties.

7. The growth of acne-causing bacteria such as propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) and staphylococcus epidermidis is also inhibited by neem.

8. The role of neem in acne is further supported by studies which have shown that it exhibits anti-inflammatory activity by suppressing P. acnes-induced reactive oxygen species (ROS) and the pro-inflammatory cytokines TNF-a and IL-8.

9. Neem oil and neem leaves are excellent skin care ingredients. The oil relieves dry skin and soothes itchiness, redness and irritation.

10. It also improves general skin health and immunity, combating bacterial infections such as acne, boils and ulcers.

11. Its antimicrobial properties help heal wounds without causing any infections or septic conditions.

12. For acne, neem tackles bacteria from the root and prevents the recurrence of pimples and blemishes.

13. It is especially beneficial for skin disorders like eczema and minor skin infections. Neem leaves also eliminate acne-causing bacteria.

14. It is also a gastro protective element and effective in healing ulcers.

15. It contains high level of antioxidants that help protect skin from environmental damage and from aging.

16. Neem oil contains fatty acid and vitamin E that gets absorbed easily into the skin, it helps rejuvenate skin cells and restore elasticity.

17. It helps maintain a glowing skin and balance skin tone.

18. The high fatty-acid content in neem oil helps prevent and treat scars from acne.

19. Neem leaves are also excellent exfoliants; it tightens pores and removes impurities when used as a mask.

20. It is an excellent healer of skin fungal infections.

*Data Courtesy: Chandrika Mahendra, Senior Research Scientist, R & D, The Himalaya Drug Company

19. #4080 Prepper420, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    Hey Dingus, sorry for the delay in posting about Neem, dog was sleeping on the couch, looked so comfy, had to go join him for an hr nap lol
    These are the personal products I use at home. Toothpaste and deordorent on the left, Primal Pit Paste. Stuff smells great and works pretty darn good for an organic deodorant that usually fail within a few hours. Lol

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.