Freedom 35

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Prepper420, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nice i thinks always better to be organic now that I have tried it. Seems to me it's the only way to go. It is awesome

2. great to see you on the wagon. When I first joined the city I remember seeing your name around, I had some weird vibe that you'd turn out an alright grower. Seeing you in the GCO community makes me happy. You got a journal going?

3. thanks I appreciate it all . No I don't have a journal as I don't have much time to update :(

4. So last night (midnight) I was woken up by the breaker tripping because the little tent in our bedroom flipped off too. Luckly it was only off a few mins. So I just turned off the AC and left the tent open all night. Temps stayed 78-82, highest 84. Which isnt bad at all really. This morning I turned everything in the house on and started mapping the breakers to outlets again. The breaker for my grow room is also connected to an outlet in another bedroom, bathroom, living room. My handy man friend is coming this weekend! Can run wiring for the lights! Big sigh of relief! Since I had an adrenaline rush I stayed up for a few hours and did some work. Collected EWC, filled another 2x 7gals and put them in veg tent to grow clover until the Ice Road clones root. Picture of Veg and put Ice Road in flower!

Attached Files:

5. I had a separate panel box next to my ballasts with labels and everything on what I can plug in where. we added an 80 amp wire to power the grow. doesn't go far ;) I need more power!!
    [​IMG]

6. 80amp breaker! What are you running? Lol

7. Hello Prep,,umm i can't recall if it was you or Psyfers with the carbon scrubber that was 75..but anyway it's down to 40 now with 16 bucks shipping lol 16" x 6" ipower your garden is pumping out the love brother..variety is the spice of life :D

8. I have a 6" iPower scrubber, $40 is a really good deal! This is my second one, I want to replace it every 8 months to a year. Variety sure is the spice of life! Can't smoke the same weed eveyday. Lol

9. [​IMG]

10. Hey guys, I can't seem to find much with the new forum design but I wanted to start a compost/worm bin. It's gonna be a small one in a Rubbermaid tote but what would you recommend I start it with? Some dirt, leaves, amendments, worms etc... Thanks prep and whoever else!
    I also have two dead fish lmao, would those go in there as well?

11. i got you bro!
    Chapter 6 Vermicompost
    Producing your own vermicompost.
    This is all rather simple, just ensure your inputs come from clean sources.

What is Vericompost?
    Vermicomposting lets us recycle just like nature does. A vermicompost bin mimics natural processes, allowing organic waste to break down into nutrient-rich compost, which can be returned to the soil to help new things grow.

"Earthworms are physically aerators, crushers and mixers; chemically degraders; and biologically stimulators in the decomposer system. They effectively harness the beneficial soil microflora, destroy soil pathogens and convert organic wastes into vitamins, enzymes, antibiotics, growth hormones and protein rich casts. Earthworm bioreactors have an in-house supply of enzymes such as amylase, cellulose, nitrate, reductase, and acid and alkaline phosphatases. These enzymes biodegrade the complex biomolecules into simple compounds. The digestive enzymes of earthworms are responsible for the decomposition and humification of organic matter. These enzymes are active at a very narrow pH range and efficiently maintain the highly non-linear pH parameters. Organic wastes, broken down and fragmented rapidly by earthworms, result in a stable non-toxic material with good structure, which has a potentially high economic value as soil conditioner for plant growth." - Comparative studies on the digestive enzymes in the gut of earthworms, Eudrilus eugeniae and Eisenia fetida.

Vermicompost friendly foods
    Paper Products
    Unbleached coffee filters with used grounds and tea bags.

Fruit:
    Melon, banana, pineapple, apple, grapes, peaches, plums, berries.
    Citrus fruit peels are harmful to earth worms, would compost these separately with onion peals.

Grain-based Foods
    Breads, oatmeal, muffins, cereal, pasta, rice, pizza crust (with no toppings).
    NOTE: Use grain-based foods sparingly. Too much can cause your Worm farm to start thermal composting which is harmful to your worms since they can't escape the heat.

Garden Trimmings
    Dead flowers, dead disease-free plants, dried leaves (shredded) gathered in the fall.
    Dead Vegetables

Corn, broccoli, cabbage, beans, tomatoes, squash, carrots, peas, cooked potatoes, green salad (without dressing).

DO NOT COMPOST: Ashes (coal/charcoal), Cat/dog shit, colored paper, limes, meat, fat, grease, oils, & bones.

I put all my kitchen scraps into a 1gal container on the counter, once a week I blend up the contents to a purée and feed it to my worm farm. Helps them break down the compost faster and speeds up the process.

Dynamic Accumulators
    DAs are certain plants-usually fast-growing weeds -- that take up nutrients and micronutrients from the soil and store them in their leaves. The plants with function as dynamic accumulators are often traditionally regarded as companion plants. In those cases, a plant such as yarrow or alfalfa growing near other plants, or in some cases being used as a green manure or cover crop, will show benefits to other plants due in part to the nutrients selected and exchanged. Among the accumulator plants of broadest nutrient variety are dandelion, plantains, watercress, comfrey, and kelp. Under good soil and growing conditions, certain plants may extract higher levels of nutrients than others, with consistency, although removing those nutrients from that soil can create a void in availability. Therefore, composts made with accumulator plants should also be reintroduced to those same growing areas upon compost completion.

12. So no fish? I wonder how the fish compost people do it? I buried fish heads in my garden instead then composted the top for mulch.

13. That's a good question LLB. Native American used to place fish heads with the corn seeds. I think composting outside would be better for that sorta thing than an indoor worm farm.

14. Thank you!! Is this out of your book?

15. Yes it is, thanks for reminding me NA, supposed to be doing that instead rolling joints and daydreaming about ice cream...89 degrees out...still going to roll this joint since I got everything out, would be a waste, lol.

16. Work on your book ( some ; ) before your next joint. But not this joint (;

17. Outside Garden!
    Grew roots on this Pineapple top and planted it, not doing so great :/
    Potato, Onion, and Celery all grew roots from kitchen scraps and now look at them!
    Have some Sweet Basil flowering and tomatoes in the back taking their sweet time. It's okay cuz I have plumbs and Oranges for days! Lol

Attached Files:

18. Ladybean,

Is that Orca from seed or "The" cut?? Jw

19. #3240 ladyluckybean, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    it's a cut from a friend of a friend. ;) locally obtained of course. It's available around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.