Is There Actually A God

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by cvortiz420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. a singularity engulfed in the most brilliantly radiant form of light possible to exist. pure ecstasy; the ultimate grand finale.

2. Nope

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I like to believe that I inherited one hundred percent of my father's psychological genetics, thus making me artistic and hard working. I have been through a lot in my short lifetime. I have had the opportunity to experience amazing things. I have also had the privilege…yes; privilege to experience life on life's terms, meaning I have had the opportunity to explore negative emotions, giving me the ability to make decisions based on truth rather than feeling. I have had many near death experiences that have made me extremely grateful for life itself. I have been down and out, broken, lost and addicted, but I have yet to be alone. I recognize my soul and my spirit as two different entities that have taken residence in my body, granting me wisdom and guidance throughout life. I tend to make mistakes when my soul, mind and spirit are out of sync. I feel as though my personal trinity consists of my mind, spirit, and soul. Without consistent conditioning and awareness of the trinity, I lack functionality and rational thought patterns. I am limitless, and omnipotent within the restrictions of the trinity, meaning I can accomplish all things in accordance to the triumvirate. My spirit and my mind have worked hard to provide an adequate abode for my soul, therefore providing the opportunity for my body to carry on the role as an achiever.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You know what I never understood. Why do we always assume god is benevolent, all knowing, and all powerful. What if god was a decent but not incredibly being, who know a lot but not everything, and was pretty powerful and then created our universe. I think that would make a lot much more sense considering how much pain, suffering, and other horrible things happen in our world. I would have to imagine that a perfect all good being would have created a a slightly better universe than the one we love in now. Of course we can't know for sure whether god exists or not. I don't tend to believe anything without some sort of evidence and I've never heard any good evidence for a creator so I'll have to go with there is no god, at least to the best of my knowledge. I very well could be wrong, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter.

5. I think gods gotta be benevolent strictly for mass religious followings. I mean, who would.pray to a god who tried his best, gave it his best shot, but couldn't fix all the kinks we have in this world lol its like he gave up and sat on the couch with a beer.

The bigger perspective is to give ourselves the responsibility for this planet. Face our problems as a whole, realize we don't have all the answers and that we, and only we(as far as we know it) are the conscious "rulers" of the planet. And act like the gods that we are.

6. Of course there isn't a God because God was conceived of by human beings, so in my way of thinking there are potentially races of beings inhabiting sprawling distant galaxies that make our gods look like children.  Humans don't quite understand that the gods we worship are only as magnificent as our limited understanding of reality.  Humans once believed the world was flat and as our understanding of the world increased so did our knowledge of the shape of the world and our place in it.  If that could change why wouldn't our conception of what God is change over time as our knowledge increases?

Simple logic.