Is There Actually A God

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by cvortiz420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. He's in college so he knows all

2. I believe that there is some kind of intelligent force that is greater than mankind. There are to many miracles in this universe to say there is not. What that force is, is not my business to define. I won't know about it until I die. And this shit hole we call earth will be all forgotten about.

3. MOST PEOPLE ARE LONELY CREATURES, WITH BIG EGOS! THEY ARE LOST, ON THIS PLANET, WITH NO IDEA OF WHERE THEY CAME FROM, OR IF THEY'RE GOING ANYWHERE, ONCE THEY DIE! THEY ONLY KNOW THAT THEY ARE AFRAID TO DIE!

SO, THEY INVENTED MANY GODS, ANGELS, DEVILS, BOOGIEMEN, SANTA CLAUS', TOOTH FAIRIES, BIGFEET, AND THEY BECAME ATE UP IN THEIR DENIALS!

ONCE THEY COME TO THE REALIZATION, THAT THEY ARE ALONE IN THIS WORLD, THE TRUTH WILL SET THEM FREE!

ONLY THEN, WILL THEY BE "BORN AGAIN"!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. The only thing we know for sure is that a long time ago the universe came into existence.

This caused many people to become very angry, and has generally been regarded as a "bad move".

5. Then, tell me, why does your God kill innocent babies and animals? Is that the kind of God you want to believe in?

As for me, if I were to have a God, it would be all-powerful, all empathetic, to all creatures, and perfect in every way! On the other hand, YOUR GOD SUCKS!

6. No. You're a college student who can't spell, and who doesn't understand that mechanical engineering, doesn't mean shit to us in a conversation about either a higher source (Tesla also referenced this) or deities. If you're going to make a point, cut out the hubris and bullshit, and make a scientific, or at least existential contribution to the thread.

7. ON THE OTHER HAND, THIS UNIVERSE MAY HAVE COME FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE, AND THAT UNIVERSE FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE, ETC., ETC., ETC.! WE KNOW NOTHING FOR SURE!

8. I'm pretty sure we know lots of things for sure.  Surely, it's certainly not a certainty. 

9. No my God does NOT kill babies and anilmals. Whatever does that, I don't believe in it.

I don't know exactly what my God does. I won't know until i'm dead.

The rest is all religious psychosis that people like you, feed into. And that SUCKS!!!!

10. Rule number 1. When your argument is proven invalid pick at your opponents grammar and spellung LOL

And the whole engimeering thing you said I could care less about. Evolution and the big bang is bullshit, get over it

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Great scientific rhetoric.

12. "Is There Actually A God?" was the OP's question.  Hmmm.  Not sure about that.  Firstly, what "god" definition are we talking about? I'm sure there are hundreds of different definitions out there. Secondly, since it's impossible to scientifically prove a thing does not exist the only choice is to prove a thing does exist.  The blades who answer "no" have given the safe (and most likely) correct answer.  The burden of proof is on those that answer "yes".  Feeling isn't thinking, so which one are you going to choose?

13. Oh god an evolution denier. Wasn't evolutionary biology a prereq for your program? I'm not going to defend it because if that class didn't convince you then I sure as hell won't.
    I won't speak on the big bang but it has a lot of evidence such as microwave background radiation going for it.

14. I've seen a deity before, it had many arms and sparkly glittering skin. It vibrated a message to me saying my life needs a change (used arms to show me that my karma was bad).

It did not have a beard.

15. Here's a thought: Ask God if He exists.

Meanwhile, take a look around, there's a lot going on in the universe... not to mention right here on earth.

16. I don't think humans can say anything 'for sure'.

17. We can say for sure that the Universe came into existence.  That much at least. 

I mean. . . I feel like I exist.

18. It could all be an illusion my friend.

19. I believe that something is in charge. I'm not sure I believe in the god that Christians believe in and I believe in the bible as much as I would believe in any other book. But I think there's no way that humans just kinda showed up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app