Bong Water, Bong Coke, Bong Mouthwash, Bong Syrup.. Does The Fluid Used Have An Effect On The Flavor Of The Smoke?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by OsteoPherocious, Jul 13, 2014.

1. I've heard differing opinions anytime I've asked someone. I'm just curious as to what your personal experiences have been like with fluids other than water being used for bongs. I've used a few sodas and find that I'm coughing like no tomorrow. Maybe that can be attributed to the carbon? Mouthwash has definitely given the smoke a menthol tinge although I'm really unsure if that's all that healthy lol 

2. #2 CircaSteve, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Water is always the way to go.

I would avoid using mouthwash if I were you lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I agree with Steve. NO MOUTHWASH. because even after you empty it, the next time you smoke, it's like smoking a menthol cigarette. It's awful

4. good god common sense should tell you that nothing is better than water. Mz, Jill puts a drop of food coloring in her water for fun. What is wrong with the natural taste of high grade weed? You must be smokin harsh shwag.

5. Kids these days...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. ^The food coloring is actually kind of a cool idea if you really feel the need to have something cool in the bong - But no sugar and mouthwash maaaaan

7. #7 LuxSpiritus, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    I used powerade once. Ugh just use water. You can't taste it with water. But it amplifies the smoke taste. It tastes better with water. You might actually taste it. Mouthwash has ethanol and menthol in it. I would not put that in a bong.

8. you know schools out when theres 5 bong water threads a day

9. Do you knows what funny. When i smoke in my condo. After a while i notice i have like 6-7 water bottles around in the room. I keep forgetting i had water and getting another bottle to use in the bong. It gets pretty ridiculous after a while., DON'T USE MOUTHWASH IT HAS ACTIVE INGREDIENTS. would you put cough syrup in a bong? No, cause it's dangerous.

10. Sadly back in the day ive smoked with numerous substitues including but not limited to, Mt dew baja blast, orange juice, milk

dont fucking ask why because i dont even know. The mt dew was actually enjoyable but dont do it. cold or hot water is best

If you somehow manage to burn any of the sugar in whatever substitute you decide on, the sugar can recrystallize in your lungs and cause serious damage

11. Water it is then. 

12. Nothing is wrong with the taste using regular old water. I was just asking if substitutes offered any major difference to the smoke via flavor, smoke, etc. 

13. Yes they do, but it is bad for your health. And then the coke turns waaaay nasty in the bong and starts stinking and tasting even worse than the weed itself.  I tried this when I was in high school. It was a quick lesson learned.

14. I appreciate the knowledge 

15. You said it man.

16. Always avoid carbonated beverages because you're straight up swallowing carbon dioxide.
    I wouldn't recommend using anything other than water because even if it is safe, it's still gonna be a bitch to clean.
    I've only ever used water in my bong, I used to use flavored waters or juice in my hookah but it never did much.

Use hot water & put some ice if your bong has an ice catcher & you'll have some smooth, milky hits.

17. One time I tried organic ice tea with no sugar in it and it worked but I prefer water because the ice tea made the smoke taste weird kinda

18. You could actually try putting in a super minty cough drop. They have ones with liquid inside, pop it open and put some droplets in the water. No harm done since your suppose to eat them anyway. If you want more taste, thats pretty much your only option.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 btsmpwidm, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I've been using a couple drops of clove oil. I think any essential oil should be okay to use, but I haven't found much info on it. Peppermint oil and lemon oil seem to make the most sense to me.

I read some mess about clove oil and it being good for mental problems tho lol.

ALSO! One time I chopped up some strawberries and threw them into the bong water, and my god, that was heavenly. I think citrus would be better since it probably loosens the gunk in the bong, too.

Ps, has anyone else tried essential oils?? Really want more info on this. Gunna research more, too.

Pps, this is like my fourth edit. Apparently peppermint oil has psychoactive properties?? According to reddit lol. But yeah, I think food grade extracts would be the way to go. I'm gunna try vanilla extract next time I bust out the bong.

20. Next time I have a sinus infection I might have to do some research on putting some tea tree oil in the bong water.