Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friend Cant Get High?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HazeyBud, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Okay so I'll tell you simply what happened.

It was my friends first time smoking weed (He hasn't consumed any either, so this was basically his first experience with weed). We bought 1.5g of some pretty dank stuff, the first time we smoked around 1g, in 2 joints, he told me he didn't feel anything, his eyes were red and glossy, but he still told me he didn't. However I got very blazed, it was some pretty good stuff.

So the next day I try again with the rest of it, and let him smoke most of it, trying to teach him as I don't think he smoked it properly, he still said he didn't feel high, even though he was coughing a lot and was inhaling and holding it in 10 seconds each time (I know you only need like 3-5 seconds, but this was to make sure). Again his eyes were red and glossy, but he still said he didn't feel high. (But again I still got pretty high, not as high as the other night, but still I was definitely high).

I'm not sure what to do? can some people just not get high? Should I make edibles, so that way the THC is definitely in his system? Also i'm not very experienced, only my 10th time smoking, as it's very hard to find weed where I'm at.

If you can help, please comment.
    Thanks.

2. Help please?

3. Well I didn't get high my first time. Second time was fun, etc. If he's getting the visible symptoms but not feeling euphoric he could be lying to you and secretly be a seasoned heavy tolerated smoker.

Otherwise just keep smoking try bowls or blunts. If it burns his throat tell him to accept it. Coughing is good
    Remember some people get high their first time some don't so wouldn't it make sense if it took your friend a couple more tries?

4. Alot of people dont get high theyre first few times, its natural

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum :D

5. My friend has the same problem.  I have a vape, and I bought really dank bud, which can get me smacked very easily, I even have somewhat of a tolerance.  I let him try some for free, as it was his first time smoking it and he was just curious.  I let him toke as much as me, and I was totally blazed, where he didnt seem to be effected.  Again, like the OP's friend, his eyes were glossy.  So i just thought he was lying, for whatever reason I dont know, but it made sense to my high mind.  Later on we tried again, no success.  So I really dont know why it doesnt effect him... He apparently even accidentally ate a brownie thinking it was just a normal one but in reality it had that "special" ingredient. He had no effect from that either, and didnt even know he ate a pot brownie until someone told him the next day -_-    

6. This kid is an exp toker and has been telling you he's not getting high so you'll keep trying to get him high 

7. Based on my rudimentary understanding, THC has a similar composition to Dopamine or Seratonin or something of the like. When you first are smoking your body has no idea what the THC is and what you want to do with it. Your brain is the product of years of evolution and biologically it is meant for survival. That is why most survival moments seem like instinct is kicking in whilst your brain isn't feeding you an answer when you think about what type of sandwich you want for lunch today lol, it takes more time for that. So it processes the THC and just adjusts I guess assuming that the drug is one of the drugs I listed above as it has never processed THC before. It sees it as a disturbance and tries to achieve homeostasis/equilibrium. Then after a few times of getting smoking or smoking a lot in a session, your brain (the strongest computer in the world) will understand the THC and process it the way it is supposed to and you will experience that high we all know and love.

Granted, I have a very rudimentary knowledge on this and I am stoned atm. So it would do you well to fact check.

8. I didn't get high for my first 6 smoke sessions. I actually had my brother make me firecrackers and that got me blazed as my 7th encounter with the green goddess.

9. Can you source where this information is from? I'm not sure how accurate the content is due to the fact that the human body has its own endocannabinoid system. Which produces/controls cannabinoids in the human body on its own whether or not it is exposed to cannabis.

Nugasawrus

10. I got no idea, man. I have been looking on the internet now for a bit since I got interested after writing that post. Hence, why I wanted it to be fact checked.

I am pretty sure I messed up THC with Psilocybin from shrooms from what I have recently read. That is the chemical that looks like Seratonin and confuses the brain.

I am pretty sure the rest seems right about your body just shutting out the THC at first thinking it is some interference. But I will keep looking.

All my knowledge on this specifically has come from my memory of conversations with my friend in PharmD program here who has one of his licenses and has studied drugs and worked with them in the lab (we go to a research university and he is my senior) and stuff I have read and looked up.

He doesn't smoke and is against it because he is quite informed on the substance and doesn't want to experience any of its effects and so we have gotten in discussions about pot over the course of our friendship. This makes it hard to piece together every snippet.

I am pretty sure I messed up the Seratonin thing with Psilocybin after reading some stuff but idk anything about the endocannabinoid system and I am not going to pretend I do. I am an aspiring engineer and not in health sciences. 

11. First time didn't work for me but second time I flew away

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Thanks for the response,

In regards to your previous post, I suggest you take a look at this.

\tAnandamide, The Brain's Own MarijuanaAnandamide is a member of a family of fatty acid ethanolamides that may represent a novel class of naturally occurring lipid neurotransmitters.<sup>1-3,14</sup> Anandamide shares most but not all of the pharmacologic properties of THC. For instance, anandamide's actions at CB1 receptors are mimicked not only by THC, but also by a recently discovered synthetic agonist, CP55-940,<sup>15</sup> and its activities at CB1 receptors are antagonized in part by the selective CB1 antagonist SR141716A.<sup>1,14</sup>

Title: Getting Stoned Without Inhaling: Anandamide Is the Brain's Natural Marijuana

Source: http://www.psychiatrist.com/pcc/brainstorm/br591101.htm

Appologies for the late reply.

Nugasawrus

13. Yeah it happens, it sounds pretty weird to me if I tried it for the first time and just didn't get high. My first time I straight up couldn't stop laughing while listening to music with subwoofers.

14. You're close. When a foreign substance goes into the blood and the liver it will not always be able to metabolize it into the proper human metabolism of Delta 9 THC. When it enters in the body it produces endogenous(The body's) replication of THC, and it forms a
    endocannabinoid anandamide which raise blood plasma to the awareness of the new substance, but the first few times the blood plasma won't carry it to the brain, and it will be excreted as waste. So it takes a few times to metabolize enough of the anandamide for the blood plasma to actively carry it to the brain. Even if I gave you a source I'm not sure if you would understand it. Pharmacodynamics can be a tough subject to evaluate.

15. Thanks jerk. I come late and you already explained it copying an article lol.

16. My first 3-4 times smoking it I didn't get high either, then it all hit me after hot boxing in a car.

17. Haha sorry buddy.

18. I don't understand why the first time apparently doesn't work for some people? 

I smoked for the first time when I was 18 year old and I got stoned as hell. 

I was so stoned, I just sat in my camper trailer staring at the tile floor for over an hour, zoning out. 

THC is THC, regardless of how may times you'd had it enter your body. I think it does the same shit every single time, you just don't notice it the first time you use it. 

Is there any scientific evidence that would explain why THC wouldn't do its job on a first-time user? Because if there's not any, then I simply don't buy it. 

19. He's just fucking with you. I agree with the person above me. I too don't really understand why some people claim they don't get any effects the first time they smoke. If I had to make an assumption I would guess just improper technique, not knowing how to inhale properly.

20. In the human brain, there are these things called cannebinoid receptors. With some people, it takes a few times of smoking, until the THC de-virginizes the receptors. I did not get high until the 4th time i smoked. When the receptors get de-virginized, or thier receptor's cherry broken, the first reaction to THC meets brain is uncontrollable laughter. It lasts anywhere from 15-30 minutes. The memory lasts a lifetime and it is quite pleasurable. Then we chase that memory for the rest of our lives. But the receptors no longer have a virgin cherry to break, and we don't laugh like we did the first time.