Goldgrowers Blue Cheese 600W Dwc Scrog Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014.

1. That looks awesome @[member="The Letter 3"]

I switched mine to 400w now, I hope the heat doesn't get to much. The room that my tents are in is 25℃ so keeping the heat down in the tents isn't easy. I might have to break out the air conditioner

2. This tote I got while it's a bit tall is heavy duty! The bottom and sides are ribbed and its fairly rigid plastic. For being nearly full of water its not bowing out at all.

So if I understand all this correctly the basic idea at this point is to let it grow under the screen until its getting to be ¾ full.

3. #23 GoldGrower, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014

Some people say that they do that, but I fill the screen before I even think about flowering. Plus your "full" might not be the same as my "full" so it's hard to explain really. I like to have one growing shoot in at least every other hole. 

Also, with this one because I have space all around the parameter of the screen I will allow growth to grow up a few inches above the screen on the border before I allow tips to come up through the screen so they get a bit of height advantage

I have plenty of height now so I'll allow growth to come up through the screen on day 1 of 12/12

4. #24 GoldGrower, Jul 14, 2014
    The room my tents are in is 23.6℃ and my canopy temperature is 25.5℃ so I think that air cooled hood and the heat shield are really doing their jobs. So from switching it from 250w to 400w the temperature didn't move much at all. I can put my hand about 3" away from the glass before I feel any real heat from it lol 

5. Subbed in gold man, You got ur 600w  :metal:

i like the extra support you have got above the tent, good idea.

Thanks man, yeah finally lol.

Yeah it seems to work well so far. It makes the whole thing more rigid and gives me a lot more anchor points than just the 3 bars. The carbon filter and reflector are both pretty heavy and hanging those one the thin bars just seemed risky. At least now the weight is more evenly distributed 

7. Nice set up man can't wait to see what you pull. :)

8. Yeah the weight of all that gear was certainly a worry for me.

As you kno im seeting up my dwc at present, that stuff you have used for strengthening ur tent, is that the same stuff used for the scrog? 

If it is, where the hell did you buy it, been looking online and cant find anywere lol, i dont want a flimsly pussy string scrog thats going to give here and there.

iv also thought about using garden trelace ( the little wood squares used for climbing garden plants).

Rooting for you for ur 1lb, i wanna be in the one pound club also  :bongin:  :smoke:

9. #29 GoldGrower, Jul 14, 2014

Thanks man, same here. I got 14oz of quality bud and 6oz of popcorn and quality trim last harvest with 2x 250w HPS lamps so I'm shooting for 20oz of quality this time. 

Yeah well spotted, it's the very same. I bought it from my local garden centre. It wasn't cheap at £10 each but it's the only place I have seen it for sale and it's really good quality. Rigid tough steel coated in thick white plastic type paint. I'm going to buy two more panels to put on the back wall so I can tie all my cables to it keeping them out the way and also strengthening up the structure in general.
    I think it's designed purpose is for animal caging

The one pound club lol, I like that 

10. Going to be starting a new journal for my scrog. I wanted to post up a sneak peak of what I grabbed today.

1405370360493.jpg

11. #31 GoldGrower, Jul 14, 2014

The beast! You will do well with that mate I'm sure. I'm looking forward to see that in action

12. #32 The Letter 3, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I'll be tracking my notes and keeping pics here.

scrog journal
    Got it all situated and shes running great.

13. #33 GoldGrower, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014

Initially I will reach underneath and pull the main branches down and let them spring back up. This keeps new tips underneath. As it start to fill up and arrange and position the branches to try and even up the number of growing tips.

After a while I push the tips back down from above because it's become to thick underneath to get my hands in easily. When pushing the tips back down I position them in the direction of any less dense areas. 

Once I have what appears to be an even spread of growing tips I change to 12/12. I usually keep pushing growth back down for a further few days to a week because of the fear of running out of height. But when you have like 150 tips all trying to grow from the one plant the stretch isn't that bad. I have more height available now so I will be allowing growth to come through on day 1 of 12/12.

After 2-3 weeks the screen should have a decent canopy on it and I reach underneath and snip out all the immature branches that haven't reached the screen, that includes all the little tips that are just starting out. This is to stop a mass of tiny buds growing under the screen competing for the valuable resources that the upper leaves make. I want all those resources to go to the main buds so it's a lot easier to trim on harvest day.

I try to keep as many leaves as I can under there when cutting out growth. Sometimes this isn't possible but at this point there will still be light getting through and of course the leaves will still be "breathing" for the plant. Once they stop pulling their own weight they drop off naturally and I sweep them up off the top of the reservoir

14. I can't wait to see how this turns out. You e intrigued me very much. I just may have to give this a shot soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. It's growing a bit now. I really want to switch to 12/12 but I have to wait. 

[​IMG]

16. Do you defoliate any to allow more light in to the lower shoots?

17. No, I want as much light used up as possible at the top where the light is at its brightest

18. Gold any suggestions for trimming fan leaves? Should I even do it? I can see new growth coming out of the lower branches and didn't know if I should trim some of the bigger leaves to let more light get to the lower branches?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. if done correctly all lower shoots should up top at the net. But I do agree some leave should be cut. Not all but some.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

What training method are you doing? Certain methods can require some degree of branch and shoot removal, but not leaves. Never cut a healthy leaf off, unless of course you are taking off the whole branch and therefore won't have any choice.

They all have a very important job to do. The less leaves you have, the less food they can make, so the less bud can grow. 

Cutting off the large, healthy, hard working leaves that are close to the bulb, to allow light to get to the smaller, less healthy, less hard working leaves that are further away from the bulb would be a crazy swap