Goldgrowers Blue Cheese 600W Dwc Scrog Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Jul 12, 2014.

Yes that's those exactly. They are designed to be used in aquariums but are really useful to hang above the canopy. They look a bit high up in the photo, but it's because my canopy isn't very even and the back is a bit taller than the front. I'm not sure how that happened lol 

2. #362 GoldGrower, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014

Haha thanks man, I really do love to ScrOG, it's the efficiency of the space and light that I just love.

I was planning to use the same tent as I have now when flowering the new ones but I will be having an landlord inspection soon (hopefully after this harvest) and so I will have to totally dismantle both tents. When I re-erect them I may use a smaller tent instead of this one. After I first set this one up I wasn't happy with the size. It's a bit too big for the small room I have it in. I will probably go back to my old flowering tent, which is the same as my veg tent 3'x4'x6', so not a lot smaller. I will however be keeping the same lights and fans so yield shouldn't suffer too much (fingers crossed).

Unfortunately every harvest I get I end up seeing somewhere that I can improve, or want to try something different out so comparing yields is pretty unscientific. 

The next one isn't fully planned but it will be tangerine dream. I have just started them off in the veg tent (journal here   They are 5 tangerine dreams each in a 5 litre DWC bucket. They will most likely be moved up to 25 litres buckets once the inspection has happened and I will be repeatedly Topping The Tips (or TTT as I like to call it) to bush them right out and hopefully filling out the area ok.

Once they have finished I will pick my favourite and select it's corresponding clone for mother duties. After that I would like to set up either a flood and drain or drip irrigation system SOG style 

3. #363 GoldGrower, Aug 31, 2014
    Have you seen @[member=АugustWest] 's ScrOG? They're unbelievable man

4. #366 GoldGrower, Aug 31, 2014

This is his journal but it's a big one http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1273856-aws-organic-pot-growing-thread-irg-reservoir-genetics.html/page-163#entry20279562

This is a post he put on the "show your ScrOG" thread http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/1168100-post-those-scrog-screens.html/page-9#entry20284201

And this is a photo of one of his ScrOGs 

[​IMG]

my ears were burning man.. :p

nice looking scrog GG! That tent is maxed out nice!

glad you're still keeping the leaves on dude :p

I hate that. I use a modified lockable cupboard now so I don't have to mess around so much.

7. Thanks man, yeah I can't get enough of those leaves haha 

That's a good idea, more work, but definitely worth it in the long run. My inspections are only once every 5 years so not too much of a bother 

but dude.. you buds will be 700% larger without them! :D

but seriously man.. very nice grow.

always been a fan of your weed growing and scrogs etc..

Thanks man, I have very much been a fan of yours too. You were the first grower I saw on here that really stood out when I first joined up. That ScrOG of yours bowled me over haha. I thought mine was going well until I saw that haha  

11. Today I am getting my first browning off pistils. You can't really see them in the photos but they are there 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Looking really good GG. I think the genetics will be the only thing letting you down yield wise. You should try to find a big yield cut just so you have pics to rival AugustWests.

13. I have never really noticed big differences in yield between strains, but my next harvest will be tangerine dream, it's mostly sativa and should be a high yielder. 12 weeks instead of 9 weeks of 12/12 so it should be a good one. 25% THC & 1.8 CBD apparently

14. #376 GoldGrower, Aug 31, 2014
    I think I could have had a better yield on this one if I had vegged a bit longer and had more tips come through the screen. But I didn't want a shit ton of small buds to trim. This way I should have fewer but bigger buds so a lot less work 

And AugustWest uses 1000w bulbs so he's cheating haha 

Mine used to be like that then all of a sudden it turned in to every 6 months with sometimes less than 1 weeks notice... if I check the mail daily.
    I have a 4x4 tent with digital ballast hps/mh cool tube set up I got from ebay really cheap and have never even taken it out of the boxes. Just too risky and stressful to operate in my circumstances but I can still get way more than I need from the CFL cabinet anyway.

16. Everything seems to be going well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. #379 WiiseeBudz2, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Any updates on the led Your running ?

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow