Automatic Drip Rings.....systems?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by w0034, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Hi,

I currently grow in soil and/or coco.  I have enough in vegge and flower at a time where watering even with a hose and pump, I'd like to start avoiding.  Here's what I have in mind....

1. big resevoir both vegge and flower (which I already have 55g for each)
    2. a watering ring for each girl
    3. a way to keep equal pressure at the ring regardless of reservoir level.
    4. a small valve (if necessary) to calibrate the output to each ring so as to make sure it's equal or also so I can adjust it based on strain if needed.
    5. I'd run it on a timer.  For example, run twice a day for X amount of time, knowing how much said time would yield in water to the pots.

I don't have a problem building or buying a setup like this.  I just don't want to build it from scratch out of my own head, and then through trial and error and months of changing things, finally get to a setup I'm happy with.  Is there something out there already that works like this?

Thanks,
    w00!

2. i always have diy ideas in my head when it comes to growing. im always thinking of ways to improve/remove a step from my grow. i know of nothing atm of a rig you can buy, but a google search might help. 

as far as building, i have some ideas..

3. Drip irrigation - .50 GPH drip emitters

4. Dawill!  Dude, that's exactly the thing I was looking for.  Thank you so much.  Here's another place with a ton of different ones.

http://www.dripworks.com/category/pressure-compensating-emitters

So I think if I make a manifold out of pvc, with a pump that will provide at least enough pressure for the connection at the farthest away point, those will work nicely. 

Thanks again for posting that terminology.

Woo!

5. Hello,I have a drip system made with a 5 gallon bucket 10 inches of 1/2 garden hose hooked to a plastic T thus making a 1/2" hose loop ...mabey 16 "across (made with a 3 foot piece of hose). Still makin sense?? Then I drilled 4 small holes(1/8" mabey) at North ,south,east and west.That way there should be water going all over.Think I should go with more holes? I mix all my water to get the PH right ,then I can give them 3 or 4 gallons at a time.I was using a 1/2 gallon pitcher I got from Mom but that started taking some time. I'll get a picture tommorow so this will make more sence.haha Red   

6. here,s a shot of my set up....works great,Red

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views: