Are You A Holy Marijuana Believer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by GrandpaJonRedSox, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Oh really? Then why dont more potheads do that instead of citing garbage research and sitting there with their fingers in their ears?

2. #42 -Martyr, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

You could argue that if a majority of them did do that, that legalization wouldn't even have a shot in hell. Yet there is slow, yet progressive change in legislation towards it all over the world. That is progress that was demanded by the people, long before countries outside of Europe accepted that there was a market for it in their little "pharamaceutical or nothing" worlds. There are plenty of stereotypical stoners, but there are also millions of stoners who indulge as a cultural, spiritual, or intellectual catalyst. It's dim to brush them off because it's easy to find a few people who are tools on a forum, and then just assume that the majority are like them.

3. One could argue with strait up conjecture but then of course that one person would look like an idiot...

RL and on forums people are typically dumb about weed. I still hear bull shit studies get quoted in my local news because we have a vote coming up some time soon about it. I still hear the same "weed is good for you and not harmful at all" bull shit every day from the marijuana is the greatest thing ever crowd.

Damn hundreds of millions of cultural, spiritual, intellectual stoners? Those are the same people who think smoking makes them artistic or brings them spiritual insight. Those are the worst kind.

4. Tobacco - Millions upon millions dead; alcohol - Millions upon millions dead; Tylenol - Hundreds of thousands dead.

What's the count on marijuana again?  Anyone?  No?  No one wanna chime in, eh...Big fat fuckin' zero.

Problems should be prioritized and in this particular case a whole fuckin' lot of peoples priorities' are fucked, literally fucked, just fucked. :cool:

There are plenty of people who do use it as a tool for opening their mind to either artistic or spiritual possibilities. There are plenty of stoners who do not say "it's not harmful at all". You're literally shoving fucking smoke into your lungs. The point that is often conveyed, is that by comparative measure, it's the lesser evil of recreational drugs or substances. Again, as I said in my original post... this is obvious. Whether or not people are intellectually-solid in regards to the plant (I will agree to disagree, because this could go on forever), is really a useless debate. The fact that hundreds of millions smoke it as an alternative to dozens of other drugs or substances, is the only common sense that needs to really be referenced. People literally look at what it does for them, how it makes them feel, and then they weigh out the positives and negatives against other drugs. Very simple. Part of the benefits to the marijuana movement going mainstream in this generation, is the fact that it does so in the most connected generation to ever live on this planet. Even fucking noobs understand some things about the plant, before they even attempt to smoke it...which is why they attempt it at all. More risk evaluation; an extension of common sense.

6. lol a lot of people do it must be good...

7. What if you love weed but don't actually believe in a God?  I'm agnostic so need more evidence.  I do have all the evidence I need to believe in weed though.... :smoke:

8. There is no point in arguing with holy marijuana believers. It is a matter of faith for them and there is no point in trying to change someone's faith. Faith is not based on reason and facts it is based on how the belief makes you feel. Just like with religion. We are talking about the church of the holy marijuana. There are millions of followers.

This is bull shit as well. How many stoners get behind the wheel of the car stoned and kill themselves or someone else? Less than drunk drivers sure, but the number is way over 0. I am a life long pot head but stoners need to accept that marijuana is not as harmless as High Times would have you believe. It is the safest drug known to man but it must be used responsibly or it can endanger your life. Most everything in life is safe if taken in moderation. The problem is we humans are greedy. We have real trouble when it comes to moderation. Many people roll a fat blunt before they drive somewhere. This is a totally selfish act you are putting yourself and others in harms way.

9. Belonging to the church of the holy marijuana has nothing to do with faith in God. If you believe that inhaling something other than air into your lungs is healthy when using marijuana you are holy marijuana. It has nothing to do with faith in God you have faith in the powers of the almighty weed plant. Esp. if you think inhaling the biproducts of marijuana combustion do not harm your lungs. Every everyday smoker and vaper belongs to the church of the holy marijuana or we would cut back our use.
    Holy holy holy is the marijuana plant almighty. I will vape the in my Underdog all the days of my life.

10. Is there anyone actually believes that vape is good for the lungs lol
    My reasoning is its better, but in an ideal world, nothing but air is better, but fuck that ive exceeded my own expectations by quitting fags

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yup, there are.   There are many who actually believe that weed is totally innocuous on every level.   It's the exact same type of myopic mentality of those that think one particular vape is the "best there is".

12. Spose it takes all sorts lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Seriously I have met people that think even smoking weed is good for your lungs.

14. #54 GrandpaJonRedSox, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014

Oh yes and I belong to both churches. I belong to the church of the holy marijuana and the church of the devine Underdog Vaporizer.
    Holy, holy, holy is the marijuana plant almighty. I will vape thee in my Underdog all the days of my life.

Seriously though dude if I understand your signature properly you had the Purple Days and you sold it? I can't imagine you had one and it broke these log vapes are neigh indestructible. You like the LSV so much better than a log vape that you sold off your log vape? I can't imagine parting with any of my vapes. I rarely use my Volcano or Arizer Solo but my VAS is too strong to allow me to sell them, but my wife wants me to get rid of a few of them she says they are cluttering things up. I guess your wife probably made you make the choice? The LSV is that much better than a log vape? This is hard for me to believe, I being a member of the devine Underdog Vaporizer church and all.
    LOL yup. Those were the first ones I called holy marijuana believers. But then I gradually realized that and I every other everyday smoking or vaper must belong to the church of the holy marijuana ourselves or we wouldn't abuse our lungs as much as we do.

15. So what long term effects does vaping MJ cause? 

16. #56 ren.dnb, Jul 17, 2014

Causes you to have a good time and feel pretty good while doing it. Beyond that, there are health effects, but honestly you're going to die anyway so worrying about it is almost illogical.

Plus, there hasn't been a good study done as far as I can tell because of the taboo nature surrounding the plant. Sure would be nice to get a good study on the subject matter.

17. #57 lwien, Jul 17, 2014

I've actually had three Purple Days Vapes.    First one bit the dust after being on 24/7 for over 4 years.    I sold the second one.    The third one was gifted to me by Tom, the creator and inventor of the PD and it's one that I've never fired up.  

Is the LSV better than my PD?   Like all vaporizer comparisons, in some ways it is and in some ways it's not.    The PD was more efficient, but in all other areas, such as taste, draw restriction, volume of vapor produced per hit, ease of maintenance, etc, the LSV wins and when mated to a bong or bubbler using the LSV's spherical water pipe adapter, there was no contest at all.

For me, having the incoming air and my outgoing vapor not come in contact with any plastic, wood or silicone is a major plus along with having a totally unrestricted draw.    Did I give up some efficiency when I made the switch?   Yup, I did, but to me, it was worth the trade off.

But man, if efficiency is at the top of your priority list, nothing beats the log.

18. Well, slap me and call ME a believer, dudeski.  :hello:

I suffered with asthma (and ineffective medications) my entire life, UNTIL, that is, my encounter with holy marijuana. I started smoking MMJ (yes, dudeski, SMOKING) at 25 years old and have gone 4 years without having to resume those meds. 

Culture Magazine caught on and published MMJ's possible use as a bronchodilator, or a medication that helps the airways OPEN.

My allergies, which also plagued me, improved as well.

WHAT WERE YOU SAYING

:metal:

19. #60 lwien, Jul 17, 2014

See, this is the crux of the problem.    People who support the use of marijuana will post up studies like the ones above and use that to PROVE their case that marijuana poses ABSOLUTELY no cancer risk, yet I can post up studies that either show just the opposite, or at the very least, inclusive conclusions.   See below:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23846283

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page5

The FACT is that the pro-marijuana group that post up positive articles to support their case, like the ones above, are just as wrong as the anti-marijuana groups that post up negative articles to support their case.

It's also a fact that we need many more, in-depth studies to come to any valid conclusions and, at least in the US, it's going to take the FDA to take cannabis off of the Schedule One category for these studies to take place in depth.

Until these in-depth studies are done, I think it's wise to weigh the risk/reward ratio of cannabis use rather than take the view that marijuana is totally innocuous.