Transplanting Woes

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lumps_deli, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Coco to dwc
    Transplant shock
    Plant recovery
    Results from conversion

2. Not sure exactly what you are wanting out of this post... is it a question of some sorts?

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 lumps_deli, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
    I recently traded an old PS3 on craigslist for two brand-new 400 Watt metal halide/high-pressure sodium grow lights that came with reflectors, hoods, cool tube, timers, and bulbs and digi balists. Being that I am a beginner I decided to take one of the units to my local hydroponic store and trade it for a One-hundred dollar store credit; I should backtrack in saying that I am a beginner/hobbyist and currently have two plants that were both in Coco; I decided that I would like to try to put one of those plants in a Deepwater culture system and continue to grow the other in Coco.(Plants were 30 days old from seed)
    After I traded my light for a Deepwater culture system, brand-new nutes, rockwool and other items such as hydroton; I came home and set up my DWC system.
    Since I felt a bit inpatient I decided to take one of my plants that were in coco and transplant it into the Deepwater culture system. I began by flushing the Coco out completely, I then dug around the pot (which was a 3 gallon pot)down beneath the Root system and gently pulled up on the rockwool cube, in the process there were a few ripped roots which caused concern. I then dredged the root ball into three separate containers of water, the final one containing super thrive. After the root ball was clean I then inserted a small layer of Hydroton into my net pot and then I gently placed the roots, rockwool cube and the plant of course into the container. I finished putting hydroton all around the cube to complete the transplant. Boom I was done.
    Little did I realize that when I checked my ppms in my water solution there was a little x10 blinking at me, for the first 24 hours I felt like a master, then the poor baby started to wilt on me, she was in bad shape! I rechecked all her vitals and then realized the water was way to hot, (ppm at 1600, ph 6.8) I changed the water and lowers the nutes from 1600 ppm to 300 ppm, balanced the ph to 6.0, made foliage spray of super thrive and added a second air pump. I also moved her away from any direct light and kept her "moist". Within hours she perked up and has been going strong since. I did however lose about 5 fan leaves, but that is okay with me since she survived the ordeal. I figure once she starts to really thrive she should catch up with the plant that is in the coco.
    Thank you for letting me share, this is my first post and as a beginner it feels great to communicate with like minded peeps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. You learned something and that was cool. hope she is fine and under lights.

5. My bad, I am seeking feedback from anyone that has done this before, was their plant permanently stunted, etc....

6. Iv done it with several plants soil to DWC.  Always been good to me.

7. Good to know, thanks!

Onion-crouch is the worst👃👣👣👣👣🛀💂

• Like Like x 1
  8. I got roots! After 7 days I have 4 very nice looking roots penetrating below my net pot... My lady is green and happy!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roots have exploded in dwc system!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. How advisable is it to post pics on this site???

"Where's the feast I was promised'

Remove any geo tags and personal info saved with the file and you are good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks Snoop, this would make a great thread.

• Like Like x 1
    like finding a needle in a hays stack for LEO.  Im legal myself so they can kiss my hairy butt. :D

I would not worrie. use a camera and a computer, not a phone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 lumps_deli, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014

Attached Files:

15. #15 lumps_deli, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    This one is almost 6 weeks old from seed, and I know the coco was not flushed properly until about 10 days ago, (guy at hydro store said the brand I bought did not need flushing) however the runoff was well above 1000 ppm while running 250 ppm of nutes, so I got that taken care of and finally have everything but the temp dialed in (maxing at 88 right now) ac to come, ph 5.7-6.4 feeding 450ppm every other watering with GH tri-nute system. (Recently took them off canna A+B system)

The damn thing is only 6 inches tall and super bushy; a shitload of undergrowth, is that normal or just the genetics, it's a 50:50 hybrid, dark angel strain from cropking seeds??? Any input? Thanks

Tall

16. Love the little gold pin you get with the order lol. Have not grown that strain but I grabbed white widow and purple kush from cks. Nothing but good things to say about crop king and bcbuddepot ( especially buddepot, free seeds, coupon bonus' and amazing strains as they actually work with some of the top genetics teams around the world ). As for short and bushy, seems like indica is showing through more so than sativa atm. Not a bad thing, she will grow nicely for you =)

17. [quote name="noizviolation" post="20300364" timestamp="1405431599"]Love the little gold pin you get with the order lol. Have not grown that strain but I grabbed white widow and purple kush from cks. Nothing but good things to say about crop king and bcbuddepot ( especially buddepot, free seeds, coupon bonus' and amazing strains as they actually work with some of the top genetics teams around the world ). As for short and bushy, seems like indica is showing through more so than sativa atm. Not a bad thing, she will grow nicely for you =)[/quote

I didn't get a pin SOB'S, I also contacted them to let them know the other reg strain I ordered (rogue thunder) only germed 1/8 and they told me that I was a liar! I went on to tell them that the other strain germed 100 percent! Oh well, with all the info on this site I found some other really awesome places to get beans...

Deez Nugz!

18. Dang, sorry that happened to you.

19. Hey Snoop!

If roots are not pearly white in the 5gal DWC system, is that a sign their is a problem?

Deez Nugz!

It can but not always, but I would keep an eye on them. bigger roots get some tan color to them.

brown is bad.